d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Help Thread
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 18 2011 06:28pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Dec 18 2011 08:09pm)
^very well said, these values were thoroughly taught throughout my life by my very traditional parents.

However, when it comes to these sentimental apologies, I'm just not very good at it. 
Christmas is coming, and I actually thought about getting her a gift and placing it in her room as my way of mending our relationship.  But something is in the way and preventing me from actually doing it, and I don't know what.  I suspect its pride.  And my mom isn't helping either, essentially she's adding 'fuel to fire' by constantly praising my sister.

Idk man, its just very hard to do and I've been doing it for 8 months already.

dont need a gift to resolve a problem. that's almost like bribery to a point, you are giving her a gift in order to raise her disposition with you.

anyways, i think you are being proud. there is no perfect thing to say...just go along the lines of what I was talking about and use your best judgment.
Dec 18 2011 06:59pm
So I'm currently in a relationship and both of us are seniors in highschool. I've come to fall in love with this girl and she means the world to me. Shes perfect in every aspect, I can't name a single flaw, I mean she is absolutely perfect even though my friends have told me to break up with her before since we've had some rough spots in our relationship, I guess love does make us blind. It's going to be our 6 month in about 4 days. So I bought her a diamond necklace. After I got her the gift I started thinking about our future. Just two days ago she got accepted to Harvard and I realize that the two of us will most likely being going to different colleges. I know that she takes her future and her studies very seriously. I feel like I'm holding her back since I'm probably going to Brown and I'm not sure how well a long distance relationship is going to work. I mean I can't stand being apart from her. I feel like she'll be able to go to Harvard, be amazing at whatever she chooses to pursue and be able to find an amazing guy who can make her happier than I could. I've thought about letting her go so she can be happy and enjoy college to its fullest and not have to be tied down by me. But ... I can't. I used to wonder if I was in love with her, but now I know. I want to let her go but I don't have the heart to.... So I was wondering if I should slowly distance myself from her so when the time comes for us to go our separate ways after highschool things will be easier for her and for me ... or if I should just make the best of my relationship now and just follow it where ever it decides to take us be it for better or for worse and see if we can make it last even in college.
Gold: 1,232.52
Dec 18 2011 08:50pm
Quote (STK_KCK @ Dec 18 2011 07:59pm)
So I'm currently in a relationship and both of us are seniors in highschool. I've come to fall in love with this girl and she means the world to me. Shes perfect in every aspect, I can't name a single flaw, I mean she is absolutely perfect even though my friends have told me to break up with her before since we've had some rough spots in our relationship, I guess love does make us blind. It's going to be our 6 month in about 4 days. So I bought her a diamond necklace. After I got her the gift I started thinking about our future. Just two days ago she got accepted to Harvard and I realize that the two of us will most likely being going to different colleges. I know that she takes her future and her studies very seriously. I feel like I'm holding her back since I'm probably going to Brown and I'm not sure how well a long distance relationship is going to work. I mean I can't stand being apart from her. I feel like she'll be able to go to Harvard, be amazing at whatever she chooses to pursue and be able to find an amazing guy who can make her happier than I could. I've thought about letting her go so she can be happy and enjoy college to its fullest and not have to be tied down by me. But ... I can't. I used to wonder if I was in love with her, but now I know. I want to let her go but I don't have the heart to.... So I was wondering if I should slowly distance myself from her so when the time comes for us to go our separate ways after highschool things will be easier for her and for me ... or if I should just make the best of my relationship now and just follow it where ever it decides to take us be it for better or for worse and see if we can make it last even in college.

A diamond necklace for 6 months? Honestly, I advise you save the diamond necklace. As bad as it sounds, high school relationships almost never last. Plus, since you will be going to different colleges. you will have less of a chance to see your girlfriend. You can try and make your relationship last, but chances are slim. Good luck.
Gold: 337.21
Dec 19 2011 07:33am
have you tried talking to her`?
Dec 19 2011 08:49am
Quote (STK_KCK @ Dec 18 2011 08:59pm)

Well that's good to hear man. Though I would strongly suggest in NOT buying any women jewelry...so I'd say return that IMO and go for something more sentimental.

So anyways, as I was going, it's great to hear how much you love her and the self-sacrifice you are willing to make in order for her to be happy. Often times it can be easier said than done though.

I'd say, just like most of everything, communication is key. Talk to her about both of your plans, but be reasonable and mature ofc. In times like these you're going to have to be tough, the rock that holds both of you up. If you want to continue being with her then suggest to move forward with the relationship and give it a try.

Time will only tell but remaining positive is key.
Dec 20 2011 12:34pm
Anyone that I've responded to, feel free to counter-reply.
Gold: 5.20
Dec 20 2011 03:06pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Dec 20 2011 10:34am)
Anyone that I've responded to, feel free to counter-reply.

so my sister and I reconciled, thx for the advice
Dec 20 2011 03:23pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Dec 20 2011 05:06pm)
so my sister and I reconciled, thx for the advice

Great to hear! and you're very welcome
Dec 20 2011 07:54pm
How to impress girls or get them to like you?
Dec 20 2011 10:10pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Dec 20 2011 09:54pm)
How to impress girls or get them to like you?

Depends on the girl
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll