d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Cryogenic Hits 97 > 10 Year Old Hardcore Plugy Blizz Sorc
Prev1789101126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,903.00
Nov 11 2019 09:45am
Quote (pobo2 @ Nov 11 2019 08:42am)
but i do :P
your ES build is the no-brainer "i watch tv series and can be afk for 5 seconds every here and then and still don't die". can be smooth if you wanna chill hard. but it is too much safety IMO. even for HC. a max vita no ES build with ~ 2.8 k hp using coa (ber/whatever) or shako (ber) + soe (yes better than dungo because 15 mdr > 80 vita) + coh or enigma is tanky enough to get out of dangerous situations and you can max your dmg. ofc you have to be a bit more careful at positioning but on HC you should focus on good position anyway. and even if you don't feel safe enough you should not waste that many points into an ES build to get better survivability but rather put a few points into your armor skills and get a defiance merc. you can easily reach 10 k armor with only a few skill points invested. with these skill points gained you could invest more into nova/thunderstorm/firewall and masteries.
don't get me wrong. i still like your build idea. it's a fun tank build, very chill to play. only amp'd fana mobs with manaburn could kill you. i tested your build on my lvl 95 SC sorc. but i was feeling like that a big amount of that defense is not needed. higher killspeed with a bit less defense and more offense. and that's what we want in the end, right? high killspeed, fast runs. at least that's what i want :D

Please stop :rofl: I’ve played nearly every possible angle and every possible build of blizz sorc on hardcore in the past 20 years. And with this one sorc alone, I’ve re-tested all the possible builds that I can.

You’ll never be able to logically convince me of going max vita (2.8k life) and enigma and SOE and defiance merc and more points in shiver armor/nova and blizz damage, with no ES, over the build I have now. Because I’ve tried it and it was far less efficient and way more dangerous. For starters, I was drinking potions, not good.

First of all, I choose dungos over SOE for the FHR, life replenish and vita that SOE lacks. I get 15 MDR from dwarf and that’s sufficient.

the one thing I regret was upgrading guardian angel, I didn’t really need that extra defense at the cost of 40 more strength. That being said, it doesn’t really matter. I have a regular um’d guardian angel on another character if I really want it back to normal.

Now, I’ve done a TON of runs with many different variations on her gear, build and damage. My kill speed with 5k blizz is pretty much the exact same as it was when I tried maxing her blizz damage which was only about 7.2k. I also tried maxing nova to help with cold immunes, it didn’t make much of a difference, except on wave 2, because merc is the primary cold immunes handler. And having one hard point in nova is enough to wipe out wave 2 very easily on /players 3.

I don’t think you could have tested this exact build without also having my exact charms, exact gear and skill/stat allocation, but most importantly, my exact play style and thousands of runs with said exact build and play style. Because after thousands of runs with this sorc, I’m still constantly thinking about tweaking things.

That being said, I’m literally a master of controlling blizz sorcs. They are the hardest sorc to master because the targeting of blizzard takes so long to get used to and to perfect. Therefore most players will never find the maximum potential efficiency that blizz sorcs have to offer.

My runs are fast. Safe. Efficient. And kill speed is extremely high while survivability is even higher. I’ve been doing this for a very long time. On hardcore classic and expansion both.

The better someone is at constantly teleporting and repositioning while grouping up mobs and adding in supplemental static damage before and during blizzards, the faster their killspeed will be. And I’m a certifiable master of this. I had almost the same killspeed with 7.2k blizz as I did with 3.2k blizz because I know how to make that 3.2k blizz as efficient as possible.

The only time it really slowed me down having 3.2k was fighting diablo and Baal, even with -150 mastery at all times. That’s another thing. Having -150 mastery is key for killspeed and is why blizzard is so good.

But I digress. I need my morning coffee and smoke B)

Nov 11 2019 02:33pm
So, last night I said I was just gonna mostly run /p3 baals for the second half of 97.
I quickly remembered how painfully boring that is.

So now that I'm back in my super safety Guardian Angel end game setup, I'm back to my old ways.

/p3 clear chaos (mobs and seals)
/p8 kill diablo
/p8 kill nihlathak
/p8 kill WSK mobs
/p8 kill lower half of throne mobs
/p1 or /p8 clear upper half of throne, depending on if there are cold immunes in throne. usually are.
/p3 wave 1 and 2
/p8 wave 3, 4, and 5
/p3 kill Baal

rinse and repeat.

Someday when I can replace all my plain 20 vita small charms with vita/fire and vita/light res small charms, or even vita/all res (pfft)
ill take the Um runes out of Shako and G.Angel and replace them with Sol runes because I have zero PDR.
but currently I still need the 30 all res for when conviction hits, bc it puts me at 60/42/60/90

34 vit / 10 life rep / 14% DR

Still waiting on ETH Treks for grail purposes.

But get my 3rd ETH Flamebellow instead <_<
Nov 11 2019 03:40pm
Edit: oops I called boneweave boots treks in my last post. But yeh I’m still waiting for eth marrows too. :thumbsup:

OMG. I know this is a little off topic because it's my hammerdin,
but I decided to take a little breather from soso and do a couple CS runs with him, /p8 as always,
and on the second run THIS HAPPENED.
MY FIRST EVER :D
From a rando ass monster too.

Pretty sexy roll if you ask me ;0 (260 def, -20% and +15% being perfect)
(And NO of course I don't use HOZ on hdin, it's a spirit :D)

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 11 2019 03:53pm
Nov 11 2019 04:57pm
Updated grail post because

1) I went back through and realized I missed quite a few items when doing my first inventory check.
2) Already re-found several of those normal items I've been not picking up for so long because I thought I had them already x)

(All of my characters contribute to my grail)

All items which have truly not been found yet:

1) Crown Of Ages
2) Tyreal's Might
3) Templar's Might
4) Death's Fathom
5) Death's Web
6) Cranium Basher
7) Schaeffer's Hammer
8) Windforce
9) Astreon's Iron Ward
10) The Redeemer
11) The Stone of Jordan
12) Seraph's Hymn
13) Darkforce Spawn
14) Cow King's Armor
15) Immortal King's Armor
16) Naturally occurring Zod rune (have cubed 2 of them)

All the rest are literally a bunch of Normal and Exceptional items that I've already found so many times and didn't keep :bonk:

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 11 2019 04:58pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 11 2019 06:13pm
You got 8 pretty hard ones to find lol
Gold: 225,299.00
Nov 11 2019 06:39pm
Quote (bruuuuuuhhhhhhh @ Nov 11 2019 07:13pm)

This lol. Get to grinding :P
Nov 11 2019 06:53pm
Quote (FallenZealot @ Nov 11 2019 07:39pm)
This lol. Get to grinding :P

Quote (bruuuuuuhhhhhhh @ Nov 11 2019 07:13pm)

Yeah, no kidding :rofl: some of those items I’ve never even found in my entire life:::

1) Tyreals
2) COA
3) Schaefer’s Hammer
4) Naturally Occurring Zod
5) And until a few hours ago, GRIFFS :hail:
Gold: 81,500.00
Nov 11 2019 08:15pm
grats on griff! twins i just found one too. can you find fathom so i can find that next:)
Gold: 0.69
Nov 11 2019 09:07pm
I want to play d2 but for some reason I can't get plugy or ladder rws working. Had them before but then my computer broke, got it fixed but everything got wiped, reinstalled and can't get them working. Doesn't help I suck with computers

This thread makes me want to play

This post was edited by chips456 on Nov 11 2019 09:07pm
Nov 11 2019 09:24pm
Quote (chips456 @ Nov 11 2019 10:07pm)
I want to play d2 but for some reason I can't get plugy or ladder rws working. Had them before but then my computer broke, got it fixed but everything got wiped, reinstalled and can't get them working. Doesn't help I suck with computers

This thread makes me want to play

Only thing I can think of that might be causing it is that plugy doesn’t work with 1.14, so you have to make sure you download patch 1.13c or 1.13d on a fresh install (I use d)

If you do have 1.13c or d then you just have to make sure you put all the plugy files in the d2 program files folder.

Pretty sure that’s it but it’s been a solid 3-4 months since I got plugy up and running. I followed a tutorial on YouTube which provided links and everything.

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 11 2019 09:27pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1789101126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll