d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Cryogenic Hits 97 > 10 Year Old Hardcore Plugy Blizz Sorc
Prev167891026Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 81,500.00
Nov 10 2019 10:09pm
ive notice some crashes too. only recently. like 3 today. still enjoy delerium :)
Gold: 1,512.00
Nov 10 2019 10:20pm
Quote (alpha_k @ Nov 10 2019 11:09pm)
ive notice some crashes too. only recently. like 3 today. still enjoy delerium :)

Interesting, I had 3 today as well. I do love it, but it's already cost me 2 CS runs and 1 Ondals :blink: i can do without, i guess.

Now that I'm going back to doing lots of Baals, I remembered the importance of having Wisp + 90 Lightning Res.

So I've stashed the COH, Manald, and Silkweaves for now. They seem to be my CSing gear, along with the 75% Energy Shield / high mana focused spec.

For WSK and Baals I'm going back to the Guardian Angel, Wisp, and 30run/FR/LR/MF Boots
Max Vita, Base Energy, 69% ES, Max Telekinesis.

Oh, how I've missed my Guardian Angel.
Nov 10 2019 11:18pm
Okay, i was way wrong to go max vita, base energy.

And sorry for all the sporadic spec changes.
It's just so difficult sometimes to perfect this build.
Every little point makes such a big difference.

But why am I messing with the winning formula?

Guardian Angel is THE MOVE, though.
It works so perfectly with an evenly balanced Life & Mana pool + 69% ES, max telekinesis, prayer+insight merc, dwarf, wisp, & nicely stacked res.
boom. winning combo.

Gold: 81,500.00
Nov 10 2019 11:39pm
i think mana from frostburn and soj is too powerful with ES sorc to not use, granted the more mana u have the more they benefit u.

also, is GA amazing? YES pretty sure I have a sorc using it in my sig:) but we only care about lightning and fire... hot spurs and tgods gives the max res opening up a different armour. AHHHHH the choices. also, i think you are not max block so the block from GA is sort of lost
Nov 10 2019 11:40pm
Amount of damage taken to life and mana, from 3 champion dolls exploding on me all at the same exact time. /players 3

I generally never let dolls pop on me, only blizz them once they've surrounded my merc a safe distance from me.
but for this experiment...
Nov 10 2019 11:58pm
Quote (alpha_k @ Nov 11 2019 12:39am)
i think mana from frostburn and soj is too powerful with ES sorc to not use, granted the more mana u have the more they benefit u.

also, is GA amazing? YES pretty sure I have a sorc using it in my sig:) but we only care about lightning and fire... hot spurs and tgods gives the max res opening up a different armour. AHHHHH the choices. also, i think you are not max block so the block from GA is sort of lost

GA is truly amazing for sorcy. I used it on her with Max block from 90 to 97 before I started messing around with base dex, and then Najs Plate and COH.

I decided I actually like base dex better than max block, because blocking prevents me from casting for a moment and it happens a lot, I found. Even though I was certainly more tanky with all that blocking. I don’t like TGods for that same reason, prevents casting for a moment and I’m constantly on the go.

Tele, static static blizz, tele static blizz, tele static blizz. Etc. I can’t be having my rhythmic casting interrupted by blocks or tgod procs.

and I find that a good verdungos are way too important to not have for this sorc.

I insist on having 105 fcr and since this build demands dwarf, wisp and verdungos, that leaves me with magefists which are great for mana regen anyway.

Sadly I’ve still never found an SOJ on plugy, despite all the other stuff I’ve found.

And I’ve only found one pair of hotspurs which are on my hammerdin because all he does nowadays is /P8 CS. But I also require at least 30 fr/w for my sorcies and therefore can never use hotspurs on them ;(

Edit: also the 90 poison res helps tremendously versus the wave 2 Horadrics, the other horads in WSK and throne, and I’m pretty sure it helps against the homicidal poison snakes @ Nihlathak (Physical Damage Reduction helps against those snakes’ poison missiles too but I have zero)

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 11 2019 12:04am
Nov 11 2019 01:06am
I FINALLY found you, Steel Pillar. Off Wave 3.

Nov 11 2019 01:09am
It's that time again. Still have these two Baal GC's to roll and 5 new pairs of Vampirebone Gloves to craft!

Nov 11 2019 01:16am
This many PGems in and I got this one to roll.
Pretty sure my windy still needs a few more of these so I'll take it.

Several attempts later I finally get the other one to roll. Not too shabby. My light sorc definitely needs this.
How have I found more pcombs alone than all of my sorc skillers combined? :bonk:
Oh well, I'm just glad I finally got these bastards to both roll into something I needed.

All of the gloves turned out pretty whack, but did roll these almost-halfway-semi-decent melee MF gloves <_<

Gold: 0.00
Nov 11 2019 07:42am
Quote (GetStabby @ Nov 9 2019 04:02am)
Yes. It is really that good. Do not doubt the science of my build and my leet ass d2 skills, my brazen child. The last and ONLY softcore character i ever played was the same year d2 was released. I haven’t had a hardcore death since some bnet lag spike deaths and some pvp deaths against whack ass trig users like 5-6 years ago. :rofl:

but i do :P
your ES build is the no-brainer "i watch tv series and can be afk for 5 seconds every here and then and still don't die". can be smooth if you wanna chill hard. but it is too much safety IMO. even for HC. a max vita no ES build with ~ 2.8 k hp using coa (ber/whatever) or shako (ber) + soe (yes better than dungo because 15 mdr > 80 vita) + coh or enigma is tanky enough to get out of dangerous situations and you can max your dmg. ofc you have to be a bit more careful at positioning but on HC you should focus on good position anyway. and even if you don't feel safe enough you should not waste that many points into an ES build to get better survivability but rather put a few points into your armor skills and get a defiance merc. you can easily reach 10 k armor with only a few skill points invested. with these skill points gained you could invest more into nova/thunderstorm/firewall and masteries.
don't get me wrong. i still like your build idea. it's a fun tank build, very chill to play. only amp'd fana mobs with manaburn could kill you. i tested your build on my lvl 95 SC sorc. but i was feeling like that a big amount of that defense is not needed. higher killspeed with a bit less defense and more offense. and that's what we want in the end, right? high killspeed, fast runs. at least that's what i want :D
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev167891026Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll