d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Hobbes > Summon/shockwave/fireclaw Druid
Prev1656667686989Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.50
Mar 21 2018 09:41pm
Quote (Marieusz @ 21 Mar 2018 10:24)
Open wounds from Beast and Reaper's Toll cold damage

Open wounds works on PI? It's official, Hobbes can handle anything that D2 throws at him :thumbsup: I actually knew you would post here about the Reaper's Toll cold damage :lol: ... But I did not know that OW works on PI so thank you, that is cool.

Quote (PikaBhew @ 21 Mar 2018 08:44)
Math and knowledge

Tyvm! Yeah I was thinking of just continuing to kill boss packs that aren't too annoying anyways just for the drops :) But I'll skip any PIs or the extra fast runners like Oblivion Knights who just Usain Bolt it to the next huge mob.

Speaking of Oblivion Knights, I think their damage may hit pets the same way that Hydras hit mercs. I haven't looked into it, but it feels like my Grizzly can tank pretty much anything this game can throw at him including some pretty mean Frenzytaur packs... But I swear a group of like 3-4 regular Oblivion Knights can kill him in 2 seconds. Not sure what's up with that but I just thought I'd mention it.
Gold: 7,190.00
Mar 21 2018 11:07pm
So, upon being able to research a little more about experience, I do not think you gain nearly anything close to what I calculated before. It turns out, once you hit level 70, the experience is completely different.. so at level 94, you cain 1.94% of what the monster would give. I guess...

tbh, i'm still trying to figure it out lol. Sorry for spam!
Mar 21 2018 11:45pm
Quote (PikaBhew @ 21 Mar 2018 22:07)
So, upon being able to research a little more about experience, I do not think you gain nearly anything close to what I calculated before. It turns out, once you hit level 70, the experience is completely different.. so at level 94, you cain 1.94% of what the monster would give. I guess...

tbh, i'm still trying to figure it out lol. Sorry for spam!

Haha no worries I don't mind spam at all, in fact I encourage it... It's nice to have things to read at work! Maybe I should just kill a few boss packs and take record of how much XP each gives me. I can't decide if it's worth it just to kill them for drops as well. I mean, there are still quite a few charm/unique/set upgrades that I need, but it seems impossible to tell whether I would find them quicker by killing alvl 85 bosspacks on the way to Baal, or just to "rush" to 99 as quick as possible and go back to Meph/LK for the gear.

Anyways, maybe once I'm home I'll try to corner a few boss or champion packs and try my best to get an accurate account for how much XP I gain off them and we can compare that to your numbers to see if it's at least in the same ballpark. Regardless of any of this, my goal is to hit 99 in 2018! Not sure how reasonable that is with this build haha but a man can dream. Right now at 94 I'm looking at about 22 hours of gameplay to hit 95 :|
Gold: 3,515.00
Mar 22 2018 12:16am
Quote (Belarathon @ Mar 22 2018 06:45am)
Haha no worries I don't mind spam at all, in fact I encourage it... It's nice to have things to read at work! Maybe I should just kill a few boss packs and take record of how much XP each gives me. I can't decide if it's worth it just to kill them for drops as well. I mean, there are still quite a few charm/unique/set upgrades that I need, but it seems impossible to tell whether I would find them quicker by killing alvl 85 bosspacks on the way to Baal, or just to "rush" to 99 as quick as possible and go back to Meph/LK for the gear.

Anyways, maybe once I'm home I'll try to corner a few boss or champion packs and try my best to get an accurate account for how much XP I gain off them and we can compare that to your numbers to see if it's at least in the same ballpark. Regardless of any of this, my goal is to hit 99 in 2018! Not sure how reasonable that is with this build haha but a man can dream. Right now at 94 I'm looking at about 22 hours of gameplay to hit 95 :|

99 in 2018 is very possible. It seems like I'll reach 99 after a total of ~6 months, and baal runs is way quicker. Play and you'll get there :)
Mar 22 2018 12:23am
Quote (LiiMule @ 21 Mar 2018 23:16)
99 in 2018 is very possible. It seems like I'll reach 99 after a total of ~6 months, and baal runs is way quicker. Play and you'll get there :)

Not an easy comparison since you're using one of the fastest killers in the game and I'm using a summon/fc druid o.o! Also, so far I'm only playing on p3. I think I could raise it to p5 comfortably, but I doubt I will ever go to p7/p8 (too slow to be fun for a long grind).

Thanks for the encouragement though, I'm super excited!! At least RIPing shouldn't be a problem (knock on wood), Hobbes is a serious god damn tank on his own, not to mention he can just hide behind Grizzly which is even more of a tank. I probably couldn't 99 a sorc, I too often go into zombie/blankly-stare-at-screen-and-click mode when I do too many runs. Hobbes unshifted at 1 life two different times in LK :mellow: Any other character besides a shapeshifter would have been dead :(
Mar 25 2018 06:30am
I was going to just update every level-up, but I wanted to do a little up date now so that I don't have too many pics to upload at once with my crappy internet.

Also, I tested 10 runs killing all the boss packs I saw on the way to Baal, and 10 runs just rushing straight to Baal. I averaged 1.1-1.3mil XP per run while killing boss packs, and 900k-950k per run without boss packs. I think I'll continue to kill boss packs until I hit 95, at which point I'll do my best to skip them. I also figured out that I will hit my Grizzly damage goals with BK ring + one more Summon GC. I would hit the 10 second stun cap for Shockwave with BK + one more Shapeshift GC :)

Merc hit 94 shortly after I did. No change to aura level this time, but at level 95 his Might aura will be the highest level it can reach, level 20.

Wolfhowl

I believe this is the 3rd 3/3/3 Wolfhowl that Hobbes has found.

This post was edited by Belarathon on Mar 25 2018 06:31am
Mar 25 2018 06:35am
Grizzly is great for distracting a Baal or two! Baal seems to automatically focus on him, no matter how far away he is and even if Hobbes/Durga are way closer!

I really just took this to remember the good times! ^_^ What a great team! Grizzly is the main tank, he can charge headstrong into anything and also packs a decent punch himself. Durga is the main DPS with his 5k+ damage, 48% DS, 35% CB @ 4 FPA, Hobbes is the problem solver/general, and the spirit is the cheerleader, she is constantly floating by, enthusiastically flailing her support. Alone teach one of them are weak, none can survive without the others! :)

Mar 25 2018 06:35am
Jeweler's prefix?

Could it be an upgrade to me 99/39/13?

No.
Mar 25 2018 06:37am
Decided to waste some gold gambling on the off chance that I could get some godly +2 druid/50+ life/high resist all/high individual resist ammy or something. Nope, this was the only +2 amulet I got.

Perfect FHR/AR jewel.

Um
Mar 25 2018 06:38am
A 2nd ilvl 99 GC! Saving it as long as I have room for it. I have re-rolled the first one but not much, maybe 10 times, nothing good yet.

Tal's orb

Jade Talon
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1656667686989Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll