d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Cryogenic Hits 97 > 10 Year Old Hardcore Plugy Blizz Sorc
Prev15678926Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 837.00
Nov 9 2019 01:39pm
Last night I finally found a Holy Grail spreadsheet and went through my extended mule stashes and checked each and every one.
I was grateful that last week I made a separate mule toon for each type of item and organized the heck out of everything i have, i.e.
Unique Weapons mule, Unique Armors mule, Sets, Grand Charms, Small Charms, etc. It made the process a lot easier
and actually made the game load times faster for my actual characters since all those hundreds of items were now stored on individual mules' infinite stash files
as opposed to the infinite shared stash.

Here is the summary page of my Holy Grail so far.
(All of my characters contribute to this Grail, not just Cryo.)

Turns out I'm missing a lot of Normal unique weapons
because every time I find them,
I just ignore them because I think I've already stashed them. -_-

Nov 9 2019 02:40pm
The little Javs that almost could :mad:

Another Arach

BRUH :wallbash:
Nov 9 2019 07:47pm
Another one :rolleyes: non-eth of course

Let's craft some caster stuff for fun.

Nov 9 2019 07:49pm
Since I'm using silkweaves, these are almost an upgrade. not enough mana though, and i cant deal with no fr/w

Actually not a bad singer barb ammy maybe
Nov 10 2019 08:39am
I've been trying to EBug one of these forever.
This is only the 3rd plain eth Corona i've found in the past 3-4 months,
and the first two only rolled 1 or 2 sockets.

BUT THIS ONE ;0
(Went from 240 to 360 defense.)

SO PRETTY :wub:

Nov 10 2019 08:44am
First boss pack encountered with merc's new helm,
and he confused everyone, made them Amp themselves,
and got a Dungo's out of them. (Rolled 38/13/13)

De Seis and his boys were also confused,
especially when Haseen shrunk down
into some kind of a tiny stygian doll and started stabbing them while their backs were turned.
(If this wasn't already my safest sorc build ever, I feel 10x safer now)
Nov 10 2019 08:39pm
Deli helps make Nihl runs a lot less stressful.

Decent Baal drop for a change.
I always get so hype when I see unique "Dimensional Blade"
because my heart skips a beat thinking it's a "Dimensional Shard"
At least this was an ETH Ginther's Rift, my 3rd ETH Ginthy's.
The HOZ was a 158%, my 5th or 6th HOZ overall.

Nov 10 2019 08:41pm
Oh, BAAL! You SHOULDN'T have! :wub:

Oh, right. You didn't. You cheap bastard, always giving me COA colored rare crowns.
Nov 10 2019 09:06pm
So, since I did the first half (almost) of 97 almost exclusively doing super intense P8 CS runs,
(At the start of 97 I was doing P1 CS speed runs with P8 D kill)
with some Nihl and WSK/Baal scattered in here and there,
I decided that I will do most of the second half of 97 doing baal runs.

The problem with Baal runs on a blizz sorc are that you have to:
A) generally spawn the throne room at P1-P3 due to the cold immunes
B) Wave 2 cold immune skellies can be annoying beyond P3 difficulty. (But at p1-p3, Static + level 17 Nova [1 hard point] + merc wipes them easily)
C) Wanting P8 EXP from waves 3-5 means spawning throne at P3, switching to P8 after wave 2, switching back to P3 for Baal because of his exp cap.
D) At P8 when Lister spawns cold immune I generally have to kill his buddies and then lure him down because it takes too long to kill him.
D) Doing these things over and over again can be tedious when you just want to sit back and relax and effortlessly run baal over and over for a while.

So my solution in order to streamline my baal runs is to simply stay at P3 at all times and accept the minor exp losses.

So, because I have chosen to do this, I am changing the build up just a little bit.

The first unexpectedly useful change was putting Delirium on my merc.
Firstly, it usually confuses the cold immunes while clearing throne,
which causes Baal to cast Decrepify on them, which means my merc destroys them even faster,
but it also casts confuse on the waves, which, when done correctly, actually speeds up the runs by quite a bit.
(When the whole wave is confused, Baal starts laughing and getting ready to throw the next wave.
I've already had some situations where wave 3 spawned while all the confused skellies from wave 2 were still out.)

Because Baaling on players 3 is so laid back and easy for this sorc, I've also decided to make some spec changes.
The biggest reason for these changes is not wanting to deal with Baal's annoying af Blood Mana curse anymore.

1) I was at 75% ES, 1500 life, 2400 mana (give or take). Back to 72% ES, still with max telekinesis and 30 warmth.
2) Now going max Vita, base Energy (2726 life, 981 mana) because there is far less need for the huge mana pool to tank crazy amounts of damage doing P3 runs like there is for P8.
3) The ES is still very effective even with only 981 mana because I'm only on players 3 for these baals, max telekinesis and 1100% mana regen is amazing.
4) Back up to 5400 Blizz damage.
5) I don't even seem to need to swap out Manald for Wisp, because on P3 the souls just don't hit hard enough..
Generally, they get confused before they can do much anyway
6) We'll see how the new spec changes pan out.

Nov 10 2019 09:53pm
Oh, man. Big problems. Delirium occasionally causes the game to crash, I’m guessing when it tries to proc mind blast twice at the same time or something like that.

It’s happened a few times now, but this time I was just about to pick up an Ondal’s when boom crashed. Not like I need any more Ondals but what if it was a truly gg drop? Yeah nope. It was fun while it lasted, delirium. I guess you’ll be going on a different characters merc who isn’t prone to mfing much. Back to Andy’s hat it is.

Also, I was wrong. Souls definitely do still hurt a lot on P3 when there are like 20 of them shooting you while you’re simultaneously getting pummeled by a cursed pack of charger snakes. :baby: c’mere, wispy
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev15678926Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll