d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Meleesorc Walkthroguh By Zoff > Hc P8 Till The End (hopefully)
Prev1303132333440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.21
Mar 8 2012 09:23pm
Quote (Yasha @ Mar 9 2012 03:22am)
socket qs are too important for that

bone hew comes with 2 sockets naturally?

srsly why do people make comments like this when they dont even know what there talking about. PLUS zoff just posted a picture of his bonehew. shows 2 sockets in the picture. besides the fact that a socket quest could only put 1 socket in a unique instead of 2 like i was talking about.

This post was edited by lone500 on Mar 8 2012 09:25pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2012 09:31pm
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 8 2012 08:23pm)
bone hew comes with 2 sockets naturally?

srsly why do people make comments like this when they dont even know what there talking about. PLUS zoff just posted a picture of his bonehew. shows 2 sockets in the picture. besides the fact that a socket quest could only put 1 socket in a unique instead of 2 like i was talking about.

LoL
Gold: 3.00
Mar 8 2012 09:44pm
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 8 2012 07:48pm)
i would put bonehew on him and and dual amn it. then he will have good damage and life leech for serious tanking.

I doubt the moderate increase in damage would compensate for 45% CB. I suppose if you wanted to you could use Bonehew while clearing and Hone Sundan while farming high health mobs. That's probably the most optimal setup, but that's a lot of inventory space for such a trivial upgrade. You should also take merc IAS tables in to consideration. Both are [0] WSM, and Bonehew has a natural 30% IAS, so that could be a big consideration. In addition it's significantly stronger until you up the Hone Sundan (should you choose to).
Mar 8 2012 09:50pm
Quote (Onslaughtx @ Mar 9 2012 03:44am)
I doubt the moderate increase in damage would compensate for 45% CB. I suppose if you wanted to you could use Bonehew while clearing and Hone Sundan while farming high health mobs. That's probably the most optimal setup, but that's a lot of inventory space for such a trivial upgrade. You should also take merc IAS tables in to consideration. Both are [0] WSM, and Bonehew has a natural 30% IAS, so that could be a big consideration. In addition it's significantly stronger until you up the Hone Sundan (should you choose to).

its all give or take. dual amned bone hew is far superior for normal stuff. merc will tank better. but then ofc there is the loss of the crushing blow which is really only seen with bosses. but since the merc has 35% from guillames anyway i wouldnt worry about it to much. plus the deadly strike will help more with bonehew as well.

its just to bad zoffs bonehew isnt eth.

Quote (Yasha @ Mar 9 2012 03:31am)
LoL

LOL.

This post was edited by lone500 on Mar 8 2012 09:51pm
Gold: 110.00
Mar 9 2012 01:23pm
Wow guys, thanks a lot for all your advice :)

Quote (cowkiller222 @ Mar 8 2012 10:47pm)
Since your merc is rocking the CB from Guillaume's, I'd say give the Bonehew a chance and see how he does. Prevent Monster Heal might be a big help if you don't already have it.

Thanks for input. I don't have prevent monster heal anywhere else on my eq.

Quote (Onslaughtx @ Mar 8 2012 10:49pm)
Psure he'd be giving up a substantial amount of LL for a minor increase in DPS. I'd hold on to Bonehew until you get a LL helm.

I won't change the gface for no helmet in this game... Maybe only for an Andy's Mask...

Quote (lone500 @ Mar 9 2012 03:48am)
i would put bonehew on him and and dual amn it. then he will have good damage and life leech for serious tanking.

That's definitely an option. Would have to farm the amns first tho :D

Quote (Onslaughtx @ Mar 9 2012 04:44am)

Merc needs some additional lvls wo wear the Bonehew anyways (or I may hel it...) so I have to free some space in stash anyways. Maybe I'll keep both then.
As long as I'm going to farm Baal, I'm going to stick to the Hone Sundan.
Btw I would upgrade it ofc, if I could get my hands on 2 Pul runes.

Quote (lone500 @ Mar 9 2012 04:50am)
its all give or take. dual amned bone hew is far superior for normal stuff. merc will tank better. but then ofc there is the loss of the crushing blow which is really only seen with bosses. but since the merc has 35% from guillames anyway i wouldnt worry about it to much. plus the deadly strike will help more with bonehew as well.

its just to bad zoffs bonehew isnt eth.

An eth one would be badass, right! :D
Atm I have 20% cb from the rattlecage, too.

Going for some more BRs now.
Mar 12 2012 01:38am
I ran Baal a couple of times until now.
Screened every single drop, but going to post only the highlights.
Don't want to bore you :D
But tbh I'm getting nice and crappy drops around 50:50.

Cool thing! Only 1 Lum away from Lionheart...
...and a 3 os Armor, because I sold the Cuirass to get space for the Bonehew -_-

Because I'm in need of some low runes, I decided to mix in a Countess run every now and again.
Looking for Tir, Ral and 2 Amn atm. No luck this time.

OMG!! Occy... gozi :D
Selling this to merchants being a sorc felt really really bad :(
But I cannot make any use of it, so bye bye stylish eth Occulus.

18 life SC is cool, too. Swapped out a plain 10 life SC for it.

This post was edited by zoff on Mar 12 2012 01:38am
Mar 12 2012 01:41am

On my way to the throne. I kinda like it, but can't use it atm.
I don't have enough dex to reach max block without my current block amu.
Stashed the Oak Curio, because I may be using it, when I manage to get a Lionheart.

Another cool SC to swap out another plain 10 life SC :)

Third pair of this walk and it's the worst.
Gieb Waterwalk maybe?!
Mar 12 2012 01:46am

Needed to farm some Rejus to continue baalrunning.
Found my first Amn rune here. Went straight into the Bonewhew.

Still on my way farming for Rejus, I found this Io rune. I alrdy have 2 similar runes in stash.
And three Io runes and a flawed Topaz is often times a Lum rune... to bad I don't have a
flawed Topaz. (And an armor ofc -_-)

So, short after this screen I reached lvl 79 and this are my future plans:
- run Baal until I reach lvl 80 and find gozi itans doing so.
- farm Countess until I get Tir, Ral and Amn.
- try to shop a better Staff from Drognan.
- farm anywhere to find a flawes Topaz and a 2 os Armor. (Maybe CS?)
- go clear the cow level
- advance to hell

Sounds like a plan?! Pls be patient and stay tuned :D

This post was edited by zoff on Mar 12 2012 01:46am
Mar 12 2012 12:45pm
aww man you sold that eth occy. personally i have a trophy mule where i put my sexy eth finds :)
Mar 13 2012 11:36am
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 12 2012 07:45pm)
aww man you sold that eth occy. personally i have a trophy mule where i put my sexy eth finds :)

Yeah, kind of a sad storry. Occy was always one of my favorite items. But Im not using pluggy or something, so no way to mule stuff. But Im not planning to play a casting sorc anytime soon, so I most likely wont miss it too much.

Did not have any playtime since the last update yet, so no new infos so far.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1303132333440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll