d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Just Another Little Walk > Hihaa
Prev1212223242535Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 47.45
Warn: 40%
Dec 19 2016 03:41am
No goodies from him

Baal waves

Dec 19 2016 03:43am
Wave 4 falled too fast to take a screen

Damn it :p My merc doesn't tank him and his might aura killed me.
Forgot to dump my dext points into vita before the fight tho. WIll restart later ..

Gold: 7.00
Dec 21 2016 04:29am
Thanks for those details, Melatonina!

Can I ask, I like to structure my D2 playthrough's so that once I set a /pX difficulty, I never change it.

With this in mind and your experience of this mod so far, is there a difficulty that you, or other players of this mod, would suggest I sit the /pX difficulty at, to then not change it at all throughout all 3 difficulties?

I have successfully installed the mod and have started my very own Bowazon on /p1 as that is what I saw you had set your difficulty to earlier on in this WT. That being said, that may have been before you found out about a lot of the Horadric Recipes, etc. I would be happy to start again if you recommended a higher /pX setting to stick with. If it is of any further insight, as well, I also play full-clear, so I will be clearing every single area of the game as I progress through it.

Thanks for your help thus far and for any guidance you can give on the above question :)

This post was edited by Synesthesic on Dec 21 2016 04:36am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 21 2016 06:10am
Please do not raise it above p1, there is very little benefit and mobs in general are super tedious in this walkthrough, especially on NM and above.

Take note of the crafting recipes that are added in the mod, lots of base stats added. Countess is unreliable for runes in this mod, you should farm easy to kill super-uniques for disenchantables. Gambling is also really important, as I find it to be a more reliable source of runes than farming.

Jewel-words are very important for sustaining power level. IMO the mod is unfairly biased towards casters, physical damage characters struggle hard since PI doesn't break with Decreipt and Amp for some reason. Once you are high enough level, try to gamble/farm for oskill rings. You no longer need enigma for oskill teleport, and it is possible to get oskill BO on a ring as well. Conversely, at ilvl 75+ I have seen active paladin auras spawn as a mod on amulets. Only seen might, defiance and holy fire so far.

As you have seen in this walkthrough, the first gear check is when you can take out the Ubers on normal. NM Ubers are almost impossible until end of Hell.

Looking forward to your walkthrough personally. But I think Shibby's mod is faster paced and more fun to explore. Let me know if you want more perspectives on this mod!
Dec 21 2016 08:11am
I played p8 at the very early stages (act 1 norm) then it became quickly impossible to progress .. this being said, p1 gives relatively bad exp, so I had to run back old levels in P8 to get some exp
Dec 21 2016 03:33pm
Thanks for that, Melatonina.

Having chosen a Bowazon, specifically, Ice Maiden with the below outlined skills - do you have any recommendations or tips. Am I going to struggle? I chose to not exclusively go Phys Bowa as you made mention that there are plenty of Phys Immunes in this mod.

I have also found the information that the mod author provides on GemWords. However, from viewing your WT, I thought GemWords created more results than just the CTC (Chance To Cast) mod's that the author lists. Do you, or others, have any additional information recorded about GemWords?

Core Build

20 Freezing Arrow
20 Cold Arrow
20 Strafe
01 for all pre-requisite skills.
01 for each Passive skill

Let me know your thoughts, Melatonina and others!

This post was edited by Synesthesic on Dec 21 2016 03:44pm
Dec 21 2016 04:47pm
it's ok. you dont need that much cold dmg, better to split points with fire arrow for cold/phys immunes
critical and walkyrie have to be maxed

This post was edited by Melatonina on Dec 21 2016 04:48pm
Dec 21 2016 05:00pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Dec 22 2016 08:47am)
it's ok. you dont need that much cold dmg, better to split points with fire arrow for cold/phys immunes
critical and walkyrie have to be maxed

It's a work in progress, a work in progress :)

I'm at work and hastily trying to read up on Bowazon Guides as much as possible

I will come back to you with a revised build ;)
Dec 22 2016 01:54am
Should I use the Destroyer Malus and Silver at the beginning of the game to make the low level class set?

Are the Silver and Destroyer Malus easily obtainable or should I have held on to them?

By the way, I've decided to roll a Frozen Orb / Fireball Sorceress. Thoughts? Do we know if the Conviction Aura from the Act 5 Merc breaks either Fire or Cold Immunes?

This post was edited by Synesthesic on Dec 22 2016 02:03am
Dec 22 2016 04:32am
I chose to go Sorceress based off of what Magikarp and Melatonina both mentioned in this thread regarding items being more caster focused and the effect of higher amounts of MF being greater than usual.

That being said, I have always wanted to play a Bowazon and it feels like a shame to give her up.

Having played through this mod extensively, what class do you guys think I should run with - Sorceress or Bowazon?

Cheers!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1212223242535Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll