d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Fenrir - Untwinked Single Pass P8 Sc Fury Druid Wt
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 450.00
May 15 2024 07:34am
Quote (Ducko @ May 15 2024 08:29am)

A Lum rune dropped along the way. This means that I definitely can make a Lawbringer, as I can cube into a Ko. However, I very much prefer not to, so I'll hold for as long as I can.

Why prefer not to? Vipers cursed with decrepify are easier.
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2024 08:16am
Quote (Sir_Kitchenman @ May 15 2024 09:34pm)

I mean I prefer not to cube to Ko yet. I may want to use the Lum for a Smoke armour to provide resistance. Ideally another Lem drop so I can make Treachery though.

So for now I'm praying for Ko to drop first. Will see how when I reach Hell.

This post was edited by Ducko on May 15 2024 08:21am
May 16 2024 08:46am
Ok. Nightmare is done. Ancients and Baal were relatively easy. Cows was tricky, but I just needed to herd them. Sadly, absolutely nothing useful dropped along the way. I did randomly pop by Larzuk and he had a Jeweller's for sale though, so at least my Merc's MF armour is upgraded.

Here are my stats at the moment.

Resistance are really really low. I can make a Smoke armour any time, but I think Act 1 should be doable without it. Also waiting for Legend Sword to drop for my Lawbringer.

I was looking through my old Frenzy Barb WT. Seems like Hell was where all the key stuff dropped for me. So again praying for good drops because Nightmare was really shitty.
Gold: 58,732.00
May 17 2024 06:34am
good luck in Hell!
im sure youll get some ggs there
dont lose hope :D
May 17 2024 09:36am
Quote (Lazybumi @ May 17 2024 08:34pm)
good luck in Hell!
im sure youll get some ggs there
dont lose hope :D

Thank you!

Update. Wow, hell is hard as fuck.

My merc dies way too easily. I can't get my hits going without someone tanking for me. It's been hit and run. The lack of CC is really hurting this Fury Druid. My Frenzy Barb had Howl and Taunt to help.

I felt I definitely needed gear upgrades asap. Firstly, I made a Smoke Armour for my Merc (will swap around with myself). Not much impact though, since I don't think the lack of resistance was what's troubling us.

Next thing was to make a Lawbringer. A 3 Soc Legend Sword dropped in Brood Moor. But I didn't realise that I needed 10 more Str to use it. Thankfully, I kept Strength charms in stash for such emergencies.

This is such a lifesaver. Together with Holy Freeze, it's just enough CC and damage amp for my Merc to survive and take down enemies. I'm mostly using Lawbringer now, and switching to my Bonesnap to sneak some hits when safer. I got a feeling I can still go greedy with 4PTopaz armour.

Cleared Blood Raven, Mausoleum and Crypt. Gain few levels along the way, and put 10 points into Str. Don't need the charms anymore.

Going to be a really slow journey I reckon. Onward to Stony Fields!
Gold: 22.00
May 17 2024 12:07pm
Quote (Ducko @ 17 May 2024 11:36)
Thank you!

Update. Wow, hell is hard as fuck.

My merc dies way too easily. I can't get my hits going without someone tanking for me. It's been hit and run. The lack of CC is really hurting this Fury Druid. My Frenzy Barb had Howl and Taunt to help.

I felt I definitely needed gear upgrades asap. Firstly, I made a Smoke Armour for my Merc (will swap around with myself). Not much impact though, since I don't think the lack of resistance was what's troubling us.

https://imgur.com/538U8ii.png

Next thing was to make a Lawbringer. A 3 Soc Legend Sword dropped in Brood Moor. But I didn't realise that I needed 10 more Str to use it. Thankfully, I kept Strength charms in stash for such emergencies.

https://imgur.com/nbAOHnR.png

This is such a lifesaver. Together with Holy Freeze, it's just enough CC and damage amp for my Merc to survive and take down enemies. I'm mostly using Lawbringer now, and switching to my Bonesnap to sneak some hits when safer. I got a feeling I can still go greedy with 4PTopaz armour.

Cleared Blood Raven, Mausoleum and Crypt. Gain few levels along the way, and put 10 points into Str. Don't need the charms anymore.

Going to be a really slow journey I reckon. Onward to Stony Fields!

Lawbringer is so great, I feel it's named this way for a reason. It's usually the one item that allows characters access to Hell and the greater drops! This item single handedly brings Law to Hell!
May 18 2024 08:04am
I FINISHED THE PITS. I HAVE FOUND MY FAL. THAT IS ALL FOR TODAY'S UPDATE!
May 22 2024 12:59am
Ok, an update. I have just finished Hell A1. Overall, a lackluster run, with no notable drops that would improve my gear except for possible Obedience via Fal rune.

Countess was a literal bitch. Look at what I got.

So was Andy. She dropped me a Chance Guards, which is no longer that useful now. To make matters worse, look at the MF roll.

What a start to hell. Lawbringer again is a lifesaver, but I'm hoping to find Threshers or CAs soon to make Insight (or Obedience if I got runes for Ko).
Gold: 58,732.00
Jun 16 2024 02:40am
Nice updates bro!
Smart man keeping some str charms in stash for that lawbringer
Jun 26 2024 01:28am
Sorry I have not been updating for a month. Basically felt burnout with D2 and didn't feel like playing. You see, I always hated Act 2 for melee characters. Mummies are slow to kill, Sarcophagus spawns plenty of them, and Greater Mummies often revives them. Then there's Maggot's Lair & Arcane Sanctuary in which the merc's pathing is really shit and I need to micromanage a lot. Lastly, the Harem/Palace Cellar are filled with Horror Archers/Mages which are very painful when you're not with optimal gear. Basically, Act 2 is a long slow grind.

I have finally cleared Arcane Sanctuary, and am left with the 7 Tombs + Duriel. The journey unfortunately yielded no equipment of value for my Druid. I've been praying for Threshers to drop to upgrade my Insight, unfortunately the only 2 dropped with 2/3 sockets :(

Anyway I will take my time with this, and I reckon I will update in a month's time with the conclusion of Act 2!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll