d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Venomzon - Hc P8 Walkthrough > 'the Price Of Beauty' Series
Prev1101112131429Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.38
Dec 7 2011 10:31pm
soj sold?
Gold: 946.00
Dec 8 2011 03:05am
Quote (the_clawww @ Dec 8 2011 05:31am)
soj sold?

no sojs sold :)
Until I reached hell I didn't know that the PlugY Clone event was active by default :)
Won't start next time
Gold: 3,134.00
Dec 8 2011 03:13am
Don't give up. What's your gear?

Also 100 unused statpoints? Kidding me? :bonk:

This post was edited by TheBe on Dec 8 2011 03:14am
Gold: 330.00
Dec 8 2011 03:17am
Before you re-skill, what is your current set up, skills and gear wise? Also post any interesting items stashed that may be of use.

Hard to advice on anything without knowing the complete picture.

Dec 8 2011 03:52am
Equip on atm:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59068132&f=161&p=397301216 (post 44)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59068132&f=161&p=397817378 (post 85)

Latest weapon: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59068132&f=161&p=397406678 (post 55)

Merc:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=59068132&f=161&p=397301216

From this points there were only these changes:
- instead of the rare ring/ +hp amu I'm using cathan combo...gives some fire dmg, 10 str
- using crossbow (Langer briser) on switch instead of Zephyr...too slow to kill something...extreme resource against immunes and zombies
- merc has now insight (see second link)

On the stash I'm saving:
- 4 socks scarab husk (but no runes to make any good rw :P )
- 3 sock eth armor (for something for mercin the future)
- highest runes: Ko, Io, Hel, everything under Shael
- gems and jewels for crafting (but at lvl 75 I think that the result won't have great stats...you know I'm not MichelleHero)

Skills:

- poison javelins and sinergies
- guidead arrow up to 16 (putting more pts, would chage just a little dmg and mana cost so..)
- multi arrow up to 3 (in the worth case I pick up group of...10 mobs? Running back allow me to have only 4-5 under merc so it's fine I think...also the dmg wouldn't change skilling it)
- 1 to all passives

@TheBe:
yes I mean...putting on str= 10dmg more?...
dex=? without a proper shield it's not worth to spend points for max block...poison and guided arrow don't need AR
vit=? ofc I'm less weak but...my issue it's that actually I CAN'T kill simple mobs...poison isn't effective, crossbow it's too slow, java phys dmg is ridiculous, merc die 1vs1 vs a zombie/skeleton

This post was edited by Nazgul. on Dec 8 2011 04:09am
Dec 8 2011 04:12am
Btw I tryed 1 hour ago to step into the cave...merc died again just down the entrance...always those zombies...it's like to hit a boss...you don't see life going down :(
Gold: 330.00
Dec 8 2011 04:37am
Yeah, I'd respec. I simply don't think that guided has any place in this build in any event.

Sheeeeet, our merc has Insight? Go, go, go, cooking cutter:

1) Keep the poison. It was the foundation of this build, so we keep that to keep true to the spirit of the build.
2) Spec up 20 in LF. We need something that packs a punch, and this is simply the greatest skill in the world. No synergies required, percect.

Now we have two viable skills, we don't require a bow switch, which frankly makes it much harder to spec and also gear the girl, so let's do away with that. LF is AUTO hit, so point it in the right direction, and just like the guided, we will hit. No good for leaching, but good for CB, as well as of course lots of damage.

3) 20 points in Decoy. What??? Decoy? 20 points??? Yeah, more or less that. On p8 in particular, we need things to stand still. We need them to cluster to hit them hard, in short we need a free to cast (1mana) tough as nails decoy.
4) 1 point to Valk.
5) Use a Peace armour. Not sure if you already are, or not, but this is the only armour for you if you go with this build. +2 skills is enough on it's own since we need + skills like the desert needs the rain, however, we get a level 15 Valk for free which although it can't kill for toffee on this setting, will be very tough when syergised with the decoy.
6) Since Razortail is hard to come by, and I assume you haven't got it, all points you can spare goes to Pierce, at least up to about 10 (71% iirc).

Hell is always going to be horribly slow on P8, but at least now your girl has a chance of keeping mobs together and quiet whilst the posion and LF do their things. Decoy, Plague, LF, LF, LF, LF will be roughly how you play it, run a little, rinse and repeat.

LR wand on switch would of course be gravy. Titans and Razortail would almost make this build easy ;)

Edit - Just highlighting the fact that Hell is incredibly tough for any character on P8 even with optimal gear. Since we never have optimal gear when playing legit, it's going to be slow for everyone. HOWEVER, the skill, luck and achevement of a Guardian shall of course not be under estimated :D

This post was edited by AyeCaramba on Dec 8 2011 04:40am
Dec 8 2011 04:48am
Quote (AyeCaramba @ Dec 8 2011 11:37am)
Yeah, I'd respec. I simply don't think that guided has any place in this build in any event.

Sheeeeet, our merc has Insight? Go, go, go, cooking cutter:

1) Keep the poison. It was the foundation of this build, so we keep that to keep true to the spirit of the build.
2) Spec up 20 in LF. We need something that packs a punch, and this is simply the greatest skill in the world. No synergies required, percect.

Now we have two viable skills, we don't require a bow switch, which frankly makes it much harder to spec and also gear the girl, so let's do away with that. LF is AUTO hit, so point it in the right direction, and just like the guided, we will hit. No good for leaching, but good for CB, as well as of course lots of damage.

3) 20 points in Decoy. What??? Decoy? 20 points??? Yeah, more or less that. On p8 in particular, we need things to stand still. We need them to cluster to hit them hard, in short we need a free to cast (1mana) tough as nails decoy.
4) 1 point to Valk.
5) Use a Peace armour. Not sure if you already are, or not, but this is the only armour for you if you go with this build. +2 skills is enough on it's own since we need + skills like the desert needs the rain, however, we get a level 15 Valk for free which although it can't kill for toffee on this setting, will be very tough when syergised with the decoy.
6) Since Razortail is hard to come by, and I assume you haven't got it, all points you can spare goes to Pierce, at least up to about 10 (71% iirc).

Hell is always going to be horribly slow on P8, but at least now your girl has a chance of keeping mobs together and quiet whilst the posion and LF do their things. Decoy, Plague, LF, LF, LF, LF will be roughly how you play it, run a little, rinse and repeat.

LR wand on switch would of course be gravy. Titans and Razortail would almost make this build easy ;)

This is very helpful... I didn't think of LF because "...hey I'm a venomzon :P " so I thought it would have been unfair ;)
Reskilling the bow tree I should gain ~22skill points + 7free at the moment...enough for LF and start to raise decoy

Only 1 doubt on peace armor..Easy to do (already have runes and a LP 3sox) but...do you think that if I hit the chance to cast Valk my pague javelin will go in cd like when I use the skill Valkyrie?
Gold: 3,134.00
Dec 8 2011 04:50am
Quote (Nazgul. @ 8 Dec 2011 10:48)

Only 1 doubt on peace armor..Easy to do (already have runes and a LP 3sox) but...do you think that if I hit the chance to cast Valk  my pague javelin will go in cd like whenI use the skill Valkyrie?

What? You are casting Valk when you hit with the ctc. Works perfectly fine.
Gold: 78,772.01
Dec 8 2011 05:42am
Yeah i used peace on my hell pois java zon. You only need 1 point in valk using this cause when you proc an attack and summon it its ~lvl 14 or something. Pump 20 points into decoy and you have your tank for the game :D
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1101112131429Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll