d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Summer Of 2001 > 1.07, 1.08, 1.09, 1.13
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,145.30
Sep 19 2018 08:18pm
Summer of 2001

I was 10 years old at the time, my family and I were going to visit my aunt, she had this gigantic pool and there was a big park in front the place..What a beautiful day it was, bathing suits were out, my dad was getting the bikes ready and by that time my brother and I went into the basement to see my older cousin, he was playing diablo II.

I was sitting there watching him play the game for I don't know how long but I could stay there for hours and hours even tough I did not quite understand what was going on. My mind was fucking blown, holy shit! he was casting spells with a sorceress and killing stuff, selling stuff and what not! His excitement was so contagious.

I woke up in the middle of that night dreaming about this game and I knew at this moment what was going to happen on that summer of mine

So what will happen here i will insert my cd's, enter the good old 16 digits code and play the game as is. Patch 1.07 is where the journey will start, completing the game quest wise, discover and understand the bugs and exploits of that era and once our joy and excitements + goals reached we will proceed and move on into the 1.08 patch which was much more complete and quite complex.

Against all odds if I reach my goals and survive that era I will move on into the patch 1.09 and slay a bunch of cows. Moving on will be the original version of the game.

Sucking out the best of each and every of those patches in order to make one the most fun to play and strongest sorceress there is.

Rules

Hardcore
Maximum players set to 8 on 1.09 and 1.13
Not going backward into the older patch
Hell baal on all patches
Make a strong sorc

Version 1.07 wishes/goals

Harlequin Crest Shako (40%max life)
Arkaine's valor(+vita on level)
Gaze (25%dr)
Mavinas belt(40%frw)
Wizzy (95%allres)
LOH (50% fire abs)
Cubing a MAEK bugged ring with the apprentice affix
Making a bunch of old runewords
Cubing some prismatic amulets
Crafting a bunch of old recipes

Version 1.08 wishes/goals

Valk helmet (30frw,30fcr,30fhr etcs)
Finding rare jewels with high qlvl 6 affixes ( 3 prefixes+ 3suffixes)
Crafting safety orbs and hope for a jackpot
Crafting a 15 fcr belt with decent mods

Version 1.09 wishes/goals

Kill some stuff on players 64, just having fun
Reach lvl 90-95 in cows
Kill more cows
Kill cows..

Version 1.13 wishes/goals

Complete my sorceress with the current sorc shenanigans
Try different builds
Reach lvl 97+
Might make a grail here

Enjoy :bouncy:

Screenshot/story line start tomorrow

This post was edited by B3rt on Sep 19 2018 08:21pm
Gold: 5,885.00
Sep 19 2018 08:36pm
That's gonna be a hell of a long journey!

But it will surely be fun to watch :) Good luck mate
Gold: 0.00
Sep 19 2018 08:46pm
Good luck! I'll follow this one. Excited for the .07 shako/valor :thumbsup:
Gold: 64.00
Sep 19 2018 10:00pm
Oh boy, that's gonna be a long, epic road.

In case you didn't know, in 1.07 there is a bug that allows you to dual wield illegal weapon combinations, for example 2 staves or 2 orbs as Sorceress.
Blocking is kind of shit in 1.07 because you need even more Dex than in later patches, so you might as well forget about a shield all-together and start dual-wielding weapons. (Just imagine dual-wielding two Wizardspikes!)
Here's how you do it, hopefully it's clear enough:

make sure there is nothing equipped in primary II or secondary II
equip the weapon or shield that you want to use into primary I
hold the weapon or shield you wish to glitchwield on your cursor
hover the cursor over the secondary II slot
switch from II to I, and as soon as you do so, equip the item into the secondary slot

It doesn't work as Barbarian of Assassin.
And be warned that forwarding your character to 1.08+ while glitchwielding will delete one of the items, so be sure to unequip one of them before you forward the character.

The Valkyrie helm is the same in 1.07/1.08 fyi, so you can just get it wherever it's more convenient.
Chromatic Ire is a sweet staff (+50% max life, +20 FCR, +25 all res, +3 sorc skill). Combining it with Wizardspike is awesome.
Skullder's Ire is great because the +25 MDR is not nerfed yet in those patches. It helps greatly against Lightning Enchanted + Multiple Shot monsters, and practically makes you immortal against any per-frame attacks like Fire Walls.

Also be careful at Baal. His "corkscrew" attack is not Inferno-like, but rather a one-shot attack dealing high (pure magic) damage.
On Nightmare and Hell your magic resistance is affected by the difficulty penalty (-40 and -100), so his attack does an absurd amount of damage.
If it crits on Hell it will do at least 2048 damage, but even a non-crit of at least 1024 damage is going to be rather painful. (Baal's Clone casts the same spells, dealing the same damage.)
Stay at range, keep moving. :ph34r:

I assume you're familiar with the LE+MS situation. Don't forget to check monster affixes on Nightmare and Hell. :D It can vaporize you within milliseconds if you don't pay attention.

Good luck man, juicy patches!

This post was edited by Fruit on Sep 19 2018 10:16pm
Gold: 2,990.00
Sep 19 2018 10:05pm
Sounds super interesting, GL man
Gold: 10,000.69
Sep 19 2018 10:27pm
Quote (Fruit @ Sep 20 2018 02:00pm)

In case you didn't know, in 1.07 there is a bug that allows you to dual wield illegal weapon combinations, for example 2 staves or 2 orbs as Sorceress.
Blocking is kind of shit in 1.07 because you need even more Dex than in later patches, so you might as well forget about a shield all-together and start dual-wielding weapons. (Just imagine dual-wielding two Wizardspikes!)

And be warned that forwarding your character to 1.08+ while glitchwielding will delete one of the items, so be sure to unequip one of them before you forward the character.

The Valkyrie helm is the same in 1.07/1.08 fyi, so you can just get it wherever it's more convenient.
Chromatic Ire is a sweet staff (+50% max life, +20 FCR, +25 all res, +3 sorc skill). Combining it with Wizardspike is awesome.
Skullder's Ire is great because the +25 MDR is not nerfed yet in those patches. It helps greatly against Lightning Enchanted + Multiple Shot monsters, and practically makes you immortal against any per-frame attacks like Fire Walls.

Also be careful at Baal. His "corkscrew" attack is not Inferno-like, but rather a one-shot attack dealing high (pure magic) damage.
On Nightmare and Hell your magic resistance is affected by the difficulty penalty (-40 and -100), so his attack does an absurd amount of damage.
If it crits on Hell it will do at least 2048 damage, but even a non-crit of at least 1024 damage is going to be rather painful. (Baal's Clone casts the same spells, dealing the same damage.)

I assume you're familiar with the LE+MS situation. Don't forget to check monster affixes on Nightmare and Hell. :D It can vaporize you within milliseconds if you don't pay attention.

B) This guy remembers White rings too I bet
Gold: 1,145.30
Sep 19 2018 10:30pm
Quote (Fruit @ Sep 19 2018 11:00pm)

I read alot about 1.07 infos and bug and was aware of pretty much all above but it was never explained how to make the dual wield! Thank you very much!

Yes affixes on monsters can be deadly... prior to this play-trough I lost two paladins getting one hit by multishot+light ench combo.... even at 1k+life and 80 light res

Care to explain LE + MS?
thanks again :bouncy:

Quote (Cigin @ Sep 19 2018 11:05pm)
Sounds super interesting, GL man

Quote (Ekans @ Sep 19 2018 09:46pm)
Good luck! I'll follow this one. Excited for the .07 shako/valor :thumbsup:

:hail:

Quote (2_shy @ Sep 19 2018 09:36pm)
That's gonna be a hell of a long journey!

But it will surely be fun to watch :) Good luck mate

Long but fun!

Quote (Chronicle420 @ Sep 19 2018 11:27pm)
B) This guy remembers White rings too I bet

I think this was way back although I don't know any about this

This post was edited by B3rt on Sep 19 2018 10:31pm
Gold: 64.00
Sep 20 2018 12:56am
Quote (B3rt @ 20 Sep 2018 06:30)
I read alot about 1.07 infos and bug and was aware of pretty much all above but it was never explained how to make the dual wield! Thank you very much!

Care to explain LE + MS?

Ah. Well if you already knew, then sorry for the spam. :P

Multiple Shot creates 2 duplicates of the monster's missile. For example a Quill Rat will shoot 3 spikes in stead of 1. Simple.
Lightning Enchanted will add lightning damage to the original missile, but also to the duplicate missiles, which means LE affects MS.

The problem with the combination (in earlier patches) is that just as LE affects MS, MS also affects LE:

So the monster will create 2 duplicates of the Lightning Enchanted retaliation (the 8 charged bolts), but each duplicate will behave like it is a duplicate of the monster's attack missile.
So when you hit the monster, it will spit out the regular 8 charged bolts that go out in eight different directions,
but it will also spit out 2 stacks of 8 charged bolts each, that are fired towards you.

What this means is that when a MSLE monster his lightning retaliation goes off when it's hit, 16 charged bolts are fired towards the monster's target.
So in later areas in Hell where unique monsters can be level 93, these 16 bolts will deal at least 1456 damage total. (Or 728 if only one stacks hits you, but if you are close/melee, you will most likely get hit by both.)
Every bolt also has a chance to crit, so with 16 bolts rolling for a 5% chance to crit, it's pretty common for at least one of them to deal double damage.

If you are affected by Conviction or/and use fast-hitting attacks like Zeal, you'll be vaporized. :P

Quote (B3rt @ 20 Sep 2018 06:30)
I think this was way back although I don't know any about this

I assume he meant the hacked rings on bnet. (I think they existed only in 1.09?)
They were hacked over from Open bnet to Closed bnet, and were called white because they were Regular (as in non-Magic) Rings without any prefix or suffix names, so they were just named "Ring" in white text.

Edit: googled a picture:

This post was edited by Fruit on Sep 20 2018 01:09am
Gold: 6,586.00
Sep 20 2018 01:15am
MLEB monsters were a real nightmare back then
Gold: 10,967.77
Sep 20 2018 01:23am
GL with this project!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll