:cry:

:hug:
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 19 2024 09:40am
:wub:
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2024 08:37am
I dont trust Jonathan to make good decisions. Wish Chris was heading poe2 completely.... it may have had a shot (with poe1 players)
Gold: 12,468.00
Jun 22 2024 11:40am
I think I'll keep playing 1 until it comes out of beta. ^^ Still, it's worth taking a look.
Gold: 95.20
Jun 24 2024 09:22am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jun 5 2024 06:32pm)
okay so heres my idea. imma say some controversial shit here so listen up brothers

poe2 will fail. why? because it will divide the community as its not a spiritual successor of anything the way poe1 was of d2. heres how it will happen, assuming the most likely scenario that its actually a good game when it launches:

1) poe2 has to be a complex game if it wants to keep the current poe1 players who are into customizing and being unique and all that shit. if that happens everyone will stop playing poe1 and go to poe2, if it doesnt people will alternate between poe1 and poe2
2) but poe2 cant be that complex as first of all, thats very hard to do, and second, people wont be able to get into it
3) so poe2 cant be a complex game, so maybe its gonna be like poe1 on launch. for those who dont remember, it was basic af. this version might even have good pvp, anything more complex and pvp will be absolute shit
4) the community will be divided between playing poe1 and poe2 as they will be vastly different
5) fomo and sunken cost will keep players way too invested in poe1, reducing the number of poe2 players
6) burnout will hit hard and fast
7) so the only solution is for poe1 to be killed off close to the moment of poe2 launch
8) but now poe1 players have nothing to play and a big percentage of playerbase is lost
9) so poe2 has to be complex
10) but it cant be

the best possible route is to make poe2 somewhat complex (late pre-shaper poe1 levels), while trying to keep poe1 alive for at about a year after the launch. anything more and ppl will lose too much time on poe1, anything less and ppl wont even get into poe2. also a problem is that poe1 is snowballing into shit and no one can stop it, and if they do a massive nerf now, ppl will just quit :mellow:

tldr, after the initial few months poe2 is fucked unless they let poe1 die at the exact right moment :unsure: what u think brothers?

Meh I started Diablo immortal and loving it so far.
Gold: 105.00
Jun 25 2024 06:17am
Quote (MrJota @ Jun 22 2024 02:40pm)
I think I'll keep playing 1 until it comes out of beta. ^^ Still, it's worth taking a look.

Yep
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2024 12:14am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jun 5 2024 04:32pm)
okay so heres my idea. imma say some controversial shit here so listen up brothers

poe2 will fail. why? because it will divide the community as its not a spiritual successor of anything the way poe1 was of d2. heres how it will happen, assuming the most likely scenario that its actually a good game when it launches:

1) poe2 has to be a complex game if it wants to keep the current poe1 players who are into customizing and being unique and all that shit. if that happens everyone will stop playing poe1 and go to poe2, if it doesnt people will alternate between poe1 and poe2
2) but poe2 cant be that complex as first of all, thats very hard to do, and second, people wont be able to get into it
3) so poe2 cant be a complex game, so maybe its gonna be like poe1 on launch. for those who dont remember, it was basic af. this version might even have good pvp, anything more complex and pvp will be absolute shit
4) the community will be divided between playing poe1 and poe2 as they will be vastly different
5) fomo and sunken cost will keep players way too invested in poe1, reducing the number of poe2 players
6) burnout will hit hard and fast
7) so the only solution is for poe1 to be killed off close to the moment of poe2 launch
8) but now poe1 players have nothing to play and a big percentage of playerbase is lost
9) so poe2 has to be complex
10) but it cant be

the best possible route is to make poe2 somewhat complex (late pre-shaper poe1 levels), while trying to keep poe1 alive for at about a year after the launch. anything more and ppl will lose too much time on poe1, anything less and ppl wont even get into poe2. also a problem is that poe1 is snowballing into shit and no one can stop it, and if they do a massive nerf now, ppl will just quit :mellow:

tldr, after the initial few months poe2 is fucked unless they let poe1 die at the exact right moment :unsure: what u think brothers?

1) Complexity of poe1 is appealing to the core player base, everything they have shown and said supports that poe2 will be complex as well. Maybe people will stop playing poe1, maybe not. That's what usually happens when a sequel releases.
2) Schizo rant? You can't say for sure unless you are the game director, and rest of the points seems to be based on an wild assumption.
3) Again, conclusion based on hunch. It will probably take time for the game to get more complex just like it happened with poe1. They've said they are reworking and brining some league mechs to poe2. It doesn't look like pvp is a priority, just like poe1.
4) As expected.
5) there is no fomo/sunken cost? They already said they will transfer most MTXs to poe2. Leagues are already temporary, and std currency is useless unless you want to buy and delete alt arts for MTX.
6) Schizo rant.
7) They've already said they will continue poe1 leagues. Afaik no info on the scope of these leagues, but it'll continue.
8) Many will try out poe2, plus the new comers who haven't played poe1.
9) You can judge it if it is complex enough for you or not by watching the gameplay VODs of the alpha (beta?) build released so far, it doesn't look dumbed down to me. The big passive tree that everyone is afraid of (its actually not hard to learn) is still there (I think each char will have 2?).
10) Schizo rant.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 27 2024 12:24am
Quote (nosum @ Jun 27 2024 08:14am)
1) Complexity of poe1 is appealing to the core player base, everything they have shown and said supports that poe2 will be complex as well. Maybe people will stop playing poe1, maybe not. That's what usually happens when a sequel releases.
2) Schizo rant? You can't say for sure unless you are the game director, and rest of the points seems to be based on an wild assumption.
3) Again, conclusion based on hunch. It will probably take time for the game to get more complex just like it happened with poe1. They've said they are reworking and brining some league mechs to poe2. It doesn't look like pvp is a priority, just like poe1.
4) As expected.
5) there is no fomo/sunken cost? They already said they will transfer most MTXs to poe2. Leagues are already temporary, and std currency is useless unless you want to buy and delete alt arts for MTX.
6) Schizo rant.
7) They've already said they will continue poe1 leagues. Afaik no info on the scope of these leagues, but it'll continue.
8) Many will try out poe2, plus the new comers who haven't played poe1.
9) You can judge it if it is complex enough for you or not by watching the gameplay VODs of the alpha (beta?) build released so far, it doesn't look dumbed down to me. The big passive tree that everyone is afraid of (its actually not hard to learn) is still there (I think each char will have 2?).
10) Schizo rant.

good first post brother, welcome to the forum :hug:
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll