d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Arpg Burnout
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,945.00
Jun 10 2024 10:57pm
Items droping id'd removes the dopamine aspect of id'ing a perfect item. No ARPG has yet to beat D2's dopamine rush of item drops yet.
Gold: 18.00
Jun 11 2024 12:18pm
Quote (Commm @ Jun 10 2024 11:57pm)
I played LE bc I liked to try builds, so the filters were excessive. I don’t trade (might eventually try it but meh) so it felt necessary to pickup A LOT of stuff “in case”. Was fun at first, but not a huge fan of the style of crafting for endgame - it’s great for early - mid game though.

If you’re only going to play 1 build, maybe 2 and focus solely on the items specifically for those builds, sure, I could see loot being fine. But I’m generally a hoarder anyway, and save for waaay too many “I wanna try something” builds, it’s tedious and too much, again, mostly due to HOW the crafting works.

Also the gameplay loop is insanely repetitive, basically equal to d3 or d4. Poe dominates this for a few reasons, and LE will never touch it, at least imo.

To each their own though. LE will definitely have a cult following for years to come, and it will likely continue to do well.

poe is stale and repetitive asfuck in the endgame... (what i mean by endgame is once your build is pretty much all setup and youre just trying to perfect it)

you just spam t17s and ubers??? no difficulty scaling?

lastepoch has infinite difficulty scaling with corruption levels... imo THATS whats holding poe back, the only 'infinite scaling' content there is (sorta) is delve pushing.... am i right or am i right? idk

if poe came up with a system similar to corruption then sure, would be nice

Quote (Dmitriy @ Jun 11 2024 12:57am)
Items droping id'd removes the dopamine aspect of id'ing a perfect item. No ARPG has yet to beat D2's dopamine rush of item drops yet.

you cant compare today's ARPG with d2... back in d2 times your screen wouldnt be filled up with rares every time you killed a pack...

also the dopamine from last epoch when you have a super strict filter and something shows up on your filter is great

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Jun 11 2024 12:19pm
Gold: 266,464.00
Jun 11 2024 08:11pm
Quote (NumbSouls @ Jun 11 2024 02:18pm)
poe is stale and repetitive asfuck in the endgame... (what i mean by endgame is once your build is pretty much all setup and youre just trying to perfect it)

you just spam t17s and ubers??? no difficulty scaling?

lastepoch has infinite difficulty scaling with corruption levels... imo THATS whats holding poe back, the only 'infinite scaling' content there is (sorta) is delve pushing.... am i right or am i right? idk

if poe came up with a system similar to corruption then sure, would be nice

you cant compare today's ARPG with d2... back in d2 times your screen wouldnt be filled up with rares every time you killed a pack...

also the dopamine from last epoch when you have a super strict filter and something shows up on your filter is great

Infinite scaling is trash. Any game with infinite scaling is shit. It’s lazy design.

Poe is about grinding loot, drops, crafting, trading, playing fun/chase builds etc..

Last epoch “endgame” is shit. It’s actually worse than d3 lol. Repetitive “infinite scaling” corruption on monoliths, and insta-phasing dungeon bosses? OOooOooO. And for what? There’s nothing to amass in LE. D2 has HRs. Poe has currency, uniques, crafted items, maps etc..

Again, to each their own, but absolutely no way in fuck LE endgame > poe end game.

Infinite scaling is some clown ass d3 lazy 2 brain cell dev shit.

And yea, delve is infinite and literally better design than monoliths rofl, so poe already offers that kind of (shitty) game play.

LE has, at least for me, basically no dopamine spikes lol. Some t7 time you gunna brick when you try to crafting it? Oooooo.

This post was edited by Commm on Jun 11 2024 08:15pm
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 11 2024 09:01pm
Quote (Commm @ Jun 12 2024 04:11am)
Infinite scaling is trash. Any game with infinite scaling is shit. It’s lazy design.

Poe is about grinding loot, drops, crafting, trading, playing fun/chase builds etc..

Last epoch “endgame” is shit. It’s actually worse than d3 lol. Repetitive “infinite scaling” corruption on monoliths, and insta-phasing dungeon bosses? OOooOooO. And for what? There’s nothing to amass in LE. D2 has HRs. Poe has currency, uniques, crafted items, maps etc..

Again, to each their own, but absolutely no way in fuck LE endgame > poe end game.

Infinite scaling is some clown ass d3 lazy 2 brain cell dev shit.

And yea, delve is infinite and literally better design than monoliths rofl, so poe already offers that kind of (shitty) game play.

LE has, at least for me, basically no dopamine spikes lol. Some t7 time you gunna brick when you try to crafting it? Oooooo.

^_^
personally i cant stand level scaling of any kind and infinite scaling is even worse :cry:

i remember how much i hated skyrim for that, and skyrim scaling at least has a limit for most monsters :wacko: probably THE most annoying "feature" thats implemented when the devs are too retarded to balance the game in normal ways :wacko:

for me playing an arpg is about improvement, getting stronger when leveling etc. in oblivion for example you actually get weaker by leveling unless you do it perfect :wacko: so from me its a noooo as well
Gold: 783.00
Jun 26 2024 01:50pm
Quote (DaTz @ May 5 2024 08:11pm)
poe is just to easy.. u can have the best mirror tier items in 2-3 days on poe (softcore atleast)
no point playing after a week or 2 imo

yeah if you join the league late af and RWT.
takes more than 2 days just for some bases lmao, let alone the finished product + multiple slots.
Gold: 7,550.00
Jun 28 2024 07:09am
i enjoy ironman on old school runescape.

they always adding in new content and plenty of things to do to keep busy.
Gold: 1,627.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 30 2024 08:35pm
Ive been telling people over discord forever and they always get a chuckle or get angry. No in between.

Path of exile is not an arpg its a looter shooter. It resembles Borderlands 2 far more than it does Diablo 2.

Quote (Commm @ Jun 10 2024 07:42pm)
I agree with OP - arpgs have kinda stagnated. It was a slippery slope and now we’ve slid down it, there’s no going back up the hill. Guess you’d just say Pandora’s box or something.

Fucking... yes..
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll