d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Arpg Burnout
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,945.00
May 5 2024 07:03pm
Feels like either I am burned out or all online arpgs on the market are a bit boring right now. Looking back on the golden days of Diablo 2 I never got bored, it was fabulous.
Gold: 0.00
May 5 2024 07:11pm
poe is just to easy.. u can have the best mirror tier items in 2-3 days on poe (softcore atleast)
no point playing after a week or 2 imo
Gold: 4,945.00
May 5 2024 07:26pm
Quote (DaTz @ May 5 2024 06:11pm)
poe is just to easy.. u can have the best mirror tier items in 2-3 days on poe (softcore atleast)
no point playing after a week or 2 imo

Ya it seems like GGG has forgotten what game they're making. D2 is still the king of item drop rates. They basically turned PoE into D3 with this league since you just get geared in 1 week now.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
May 5 2024 10:28pm
Quote (Dmitriy @ May 6 2024 03:26am)
Ya it seems like GGG has forgotten what game they're making. D2 is still the king of item drop rates. They basically turned PoE into D3 with this league since you just get geared in 1 week now.

SCIENCE TIME AGAIN!1 did you guys know what many feelings have a base trigger, and some of those triggers can be a bit unexpected? for example trigger for disgust is that you subconsciously think something can infect you. thats why worms and bats are disgusting but wasps and bears arent, even though they can hurt you also :unsure: !

anyways burnout has a trigger, and that trigger is being forced to do something (over the level of boredom ofc). thats actually why on a job you have resting periods on daily, weekly and yearly basis :blush: ! so generally, burnout means you have been forced to do something you dont currently enjoy, and that forcing could have been done by the same person affected by the burnout. meaning you did things you otherwise wouldnt have, but you forced yourself to do it for some reason. in this case (many modern arpgs and especially poe), there are psychological tricks being used on people to force them to play over the boredom threshold :wacko:

in d2 it didnt happen because if you got bored, you would just take a break. but in poe you cant take a break because you will miss out on something or be poor or whatever. poe forces you to play when you otherwise wouldnt, and that ends in a burnout :cry: its a disgusting strategy employed by ggg and other gaming companies, and theres no magical cure for it, anyone can be manipulated this way :wacko: and then sunken cost comes in and ppl talk shit to me and defend ggg because they have invested too much and its easier to defend ggg than allow yourself to realize the truth.. :(

tldr: feeling boredom is normal, feeling burnout isnt. it means you were bored to begin with, and then were forced to do it despite the feeling of boredom. my advice would be, the moment you detect boredom, quit. doesnt matter if its 2 days into the league and you can miss out on something, just quit :blush: the more poe becomes shit, the faster boredom will set in. just listen to it and stop playing ^_^
Gold: 3,556.20
May 5 2024 11:24pm
I play one POE league per year. A month straight for 16 hours per day and then got burned out. No matter how hard I try to play the next league after the burn out, the fire just does not kick in.

That's just how it is, same goes to other season based ARPGs.
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
May 6 2024 05:49am
Necropolis wasn´t any good, i quit after a few days

This post was edited by ownyaah on May 6 2024 05:50am
May 6 2024 10:10am
Naw it does get boring, being a variety gamer helps me not kill myself
May 6 2024 10:34am
Quote (Dmitriy @ May 5 2024 09:26pm)

I mean in d2 u can get lucky with shako the first day or 2 but u grind a lot more in that game than Poe imo also slower paced tho..which helps
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
May 6 2024 04:21pm
Quote (DaTz @ May 6 2024 06:34pm)
I mean in d2 u can get lucky with shako the first day or 2 but u grind a lot more in that game than Poe imo also slower paced tho..which helps

eheheh brother
the good thing about d2 was that we didnt need to grind at all! i mean yes someone did it, but ehm *we* didnt :ph34r:
which really helps!

also for d2 endgame (which is pvp) you didnt really need that much grind :unsure: ! you could just respec your mf sorc to es fb and do well even with dirt cheap gear (viper, trang gloves, spirit sword, spirit shield or even better whitstans which was good against shit tier grief hdins and such), and even if you made a serious pvp char, you would need like 4-5 hrs in total for entire gear and in 90% duels it wouldnt even matter. and if you chose to play cooperative with friends, gear was even less of a problem. i mean sure high end gear like perfect circlets/rings/amulets/charms was expensive, but no one cared except the absolute top players because you could be extremely good even with budget gear :blush:

in poe its like, if you dont invest, you are shit. and yes many times people say how its "so easy to make a good char without investment", but never offer any evidence for it. for example, in d2 you could make a 10fg smiter on 2nd ladder day using lets say black rw, goblin toes and guillaume (100% crushing blow), shit like 4 x pdiamond random shield/smoke rw/raven and a random life tap wand bought in a town, and humiliate anything the game has to offer. im yet to see something like that done in poe. thats what i loved about d2, items really didnt matter so grind didnt matter either! actually the word "grind" didnt even exist, people did runs because they wanted to, not because they needed to :blush: !

edit: i just realized something like d2 will never happen again and now im sad :cry:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on May 6 2024 04:22pm
Gold: 12,040.41
Warn: 10%
May 6 2024 05:46pm
Quote (Dmitriy @ May 5 2024 08:03pm)
Feels like either I am burned out or all online arpgs on the market are a bit boring right now. Looking back on the golden days of Diablo 2 I never got bored, it was fabulous.

Same, played this league maybe 3 days, then the warm weather came and I stopped to do some kayaking, fishing, mushroom hunting, etc. and never came back.

Honestly, I am like ok-ish at PoE. I have to use a guide for most builds, but I do understand what I am selecting. The league before last I had about a 300 div character, which I consider decent for two weeks playing.

The main reason I get burned out on PoE is because we are expected to play a league starter build to crush maps, but then switch over to something when we can afford more. I want to be able to play something fun from the beginning, which seems to be somewhat of a "no no" and a slower route.

Maybe next league I'll just select a fun char to begin with and stride through the slower game play in hopes it gets better.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll