d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Round By Round Updates
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,550.01
Jun 30 2013 05:14pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jun 30 2013 08:38am)
Might not be able to get out today.  :(

Still trying but I'm so damn spoiled now, don't ever want to pay for golf and when I can't get on for free, I don't go haha.

Does that mean you won't want to go with me?
Gold: 0.27
Jun 30 2013 07:32pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jun 30 2013 04:14pm)
Does that mean you won't want to go with me?

lol I'll go with you but let's go somewhere I can get on for free then I'll cover half of your round so it's like half price for both of us.

And I did get out today. Uggggh is all I can say. A lot of good, a little bad, it was a mixed day. Will post more later.
Gold: 6.00
Jun 30 2013 07:57pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jun 29 2013 12:21am)
Played Arizona Grand today.  Used to be called Phantom Horse (such a cooler name).  Played tips of course too in case anyone wondered.

Course was fucking TOUGH.  It wasn't all that long but it was super hilly, a lot of super low tee boxes and elevated greens.  VERY narrow and SUPER tiny greens.  First time I ever played there, had a blast.  Was such a fucking hard course but was really fun.

Here's the tee box for hole 18.  Course was in OK shape but you can see the tee box is super elevated to the green, made for an awkward shot.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/179/b/3/phantom_horse_by_hottsauce13-d6b5c0m.jpg

I was 13 over in the end which I can live with for how much of a pain in the ass that course was and my first time there.  Playing again Sunday, won't pull out the driver once probably.  It's a course that you can play without it, very very well with proper course management so I'm going to try and shoot 9 over or better then.

The view from up there was beautiful.  Anyone who knows AZ, you could see as far out of Scottsdale as possible and all the way past the west valley, it was awesome.

the kind of par 3 I love :D nice view

how much yards was that?

This post was edited by Andre32 on Jun 30 2013 07:58pm
Jul 1 2013 06:32pm
Had my buddy get the panaramic shot from the teebox on 18 but it came out small as fuck, idk why lol.

Shitty I know but it is what it is lol.

Here is hole 3. It's a 600 yard par 5 (dur) from the tips, the whole left side is a massive hill at a 45 degree angle, there's a bit of fairway and then a big lake on the right side so if you go too far up the hill you can roll all the way to the lake but just right you can get some serious distance out of your drive.

Forgot to take the shot from the tee box so this is from my second shot. The green is right at the far left edge of the homes/apartments there.

Anyway, round was meh overall. I didn't lose a single ball until 16 which was nice because this course EATS golf balls like nobodies business. Last round I think I lost 5 or 6 total, this time just the one. I played with a lot better course management. Only pulled out the driver 3 times because it just is not needed. Decided to not try and hero every single shot and play smarter. Lost less balls, shot a worse score. My chipping was off which really fucked me. Usually my wedges and putter are money for me but they were just off yesterday.

Probably going out there again tomorrow, not sure yet but we'll see.

EDIT: And yes the course is in pretty rough shape but that's expected. I love it. It's such a challenging course. Probably going to be going back to the Legacy here real soon though. They've been aerating the past few days.

This post was edited by Randolph on Jul 1 2013 06:41pm
Gold: 0.90
Jul 3 2013 03:05pm
Played my first round since last Thursday. Had my ups and downs as I expected.

76 (+4)

This post was edited by Meatstick on Jul 3 2013 03:07pm
Jul 3 2013 10:30pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Jul 3 2013 02:05pm)
Played my first round since last Thursday. Had my ups and downs as I expected.

76 (+4)

Not bad for have some time off. I won't get to play again until Sunday. >.<

Hopefully I get my new grips in by then. Going with tour wrap Pure Grips in orange. B)

Pure Grips rep came into the store the other day, she's hooking me up with free grips, as many as I need whenever I need so I can spread the word about them.

No people, I cannot get you all free grips lol.
Jul 6 2013 09:51pm
Heading out to The Legacy tomorrow. Going to feel like a cakewalk after Arizona Grand because of how wide open Legacy will feel compared to that narrow ass course haha.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 6 2013 09:54pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jul 6 2013 11:51pm)
Heading out to The Legacy tomorrow.  Going to feel like a cakewalk after Arizona Grand because of how wide open Legacy will feel compared to that narrow ass course haha.

I LOVE wide open courses. Who doesn't? I play a course that all 18 holes are basically vertical to each other. We tear it up, but it's still alot of fun. It's probably my favorite course.

GL tomorrow.
Jul 7 2013 06:37pm
Quote (Woods @ Jul 6 2013 08:54pm)
I LOVE wide open courses.  Who doesn't?  I play a course that all 18 holes are basically vertical to each other.  We tear it up, but it's still alot of fun.  It's probably my favorite course.

GL tomorrow.

Yeah it was OK. Still can't hit my irons for shit and it's effecting my score. Shot a 90 today. Worst round in quite some time, just can't get those irons down. I've been doing some work on my swing at work with the GolfTec equipment (they give lessons, all PGA certified professionals etc.). I don't usually work with anyone, just go in and use their video system so I can see my swing. I'm popping my hips a little early and my swing plane for my irons is just off. Going to put in some major work this week and regrip my clubs and hopefully get myself back down to where I want to be.

Here's hole 1 from the tee box (we play 1 ups today because my buddies didn't want to play tips)

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 9 2013 12:48pm
Went to my friend's cabin over the weekend and we golfed twice at a course called Rolling Acres. Both times, I shot my lowest scores and broke into the 80's for the first time shooting an 86 the first day and an 85 the second day. It felt amazing but then I came back to my home course and went back to my usual rounds of low to mid 90s. I believe I can do it consistently soon enough. I'll add pictures of my home course soon enough.

This post was edited by Shmazoo on Jul 9 2013 12:48pm
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll