d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Infinity For Meele Characters? Defense?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,275.00
Jun 11 2024 05:09am
hey guys,

thinking about throwing an infinity on my merc as a maul werebear.
reducing defence of all monsters makes me hit them easier.
but will it also increase my damage i do to them? or is this a fixed number?
since with some weapons hitting the max ias breakpoint is impossible i wanna find the optimal setup
pride vs infi?

any one can calirfy?

tyvm! <3
Gold: 1.00
Jun 11 2024 06:25am
infinity reduces monsters defense by 83% (additively with Stone Skin bonus iirc), so your chance to hit will be much higher with low-ish AR. if your build already incoeporates high AR (compared to monster defense), the increase in effective dmg is not that big
pride offers a nice damage bonus, but depending on how much off-weapon ed you already have, this bonus might also have a lower impact

TLDR depends on multiple of your stats and monster stats, but maybe someone has a general estimation (dont have any numbers available currently)
Gold: 9,043.56
Jun 11 2024 06:27am
Maybe worth it if you have 3k ar

But if you do you have other stuff to focus on

The only chars that should self wield infinity is nova sorc and maybe a melee es PvP sorc with infi war scythe

This post was edited by Stefbef on Jun 11 2024 06:27am
Gold: 3,992.00
Jun 11 2024 06:38am
Quote (ViVoo @ Jun 11 2024 07:09am)
hey guys,

thinking about throwing an infinity on my merc as a maul werebear.
reducing defence of all monsters makes me hit them easier.
but will it also increase my damage i do to them? or is this a fixed number?
since with some weapons hitting the max ias breakpoint is impossible i wanna find the optimal setup
pride vs infi?

any one can calirfy?

tyvm! <3

Consider an act 1 Merc (rogue) for a little best of both worlds.

The D2r HC pvp gang and I have been testing her abilities regarding increasing hit percent versus both monsters AND players, and the results are stupendous!

Faith/ Peace / Valk wing or Andy's , she stays out of the fray, procs inner sight constantly and increases your IAS and DPS.
Jun 11 2024 06:47am
Quote (PiXi31415 @ Jun 11 2024 02:25pm)
infinity reduces monsters defense by 83% (additively with Stone Skin bonus iirc), so your chance to hit will be much higher with low-ish AR. if your build already incoeporates high AR (compared to monster defense), the increase in effective dmg is not that big
pride offers a nice damage bonus, but depending on how much off-weapon ed you already have, this bonus might also have a lower impact

TLDR depends on multiple of your stats and monster stats, but maybe someone has a general estimation (dont have any numbers available currently)

ty

Quote (Stefbef @ Jun 11 2024 02:27pm)
Maybe worth it if you have 3k ar

But if you do you have other stuff to focus on

The only chars that should self wield infinity is nova sorc and maybe a melee es PvP sorc with infi war scythe

iam weilding an eth reapers currently but thinking about swapping to eth death bc i rolled a very nice one in a gg base

since reapers ignores target defence AR is a non issue~
With death it might not be thats why iam thinking giving the merc Infi

Quote (Redzone144 @ Jun 11 2024 02:38pm)
Consider an act 1 Merc (rogue) for a little best of both worlds.

The D2r HC pvp gang and I have been testing her abilities regarding increasing hit percent versus both monsters AND players, and the results are stupendous!

Faith/ Peace / Valk wing or Andy's , she stays out of the fray, procs inner sight constantly and increases your IAS and DPS.

with faith i would actually reach the higher ias breakpoint aswell
problem is loosing on might from act 2 merc is kinda hard~?
its 1.8k max dmg currently and probly more with death

considering running pride on act 2 merc~ for maximum troughput
currently he has hustle for reaching highest ias breakpoint with reapers self weild~

Gold: 3,992.00
Jun 11 2024 07:05am
Quote (ViVoo @ Jun 11 2024 08:47am)
ty

iam weilding an eth reapers currently but thinking about swapping to eth death bc i rolled a very nice one in a gg base

since reapers ignores target defence AR is a non issue~
With death it might not be thats why iam thinking giving the merc Infi

with faith i would actually reach the higher ias breakpoint aswell
problem is loosing on might from act 2 merc is kinda hard~?
its 1.8k max dmg currently and probly more with death

considering running pride on act 2 merc~ for maximum troughput
currently he has hustle for reaching highest ias breakpoint with reapers self weild~

Reapers has itd also, so it's just champs and bosses where defense matters

I honestly don't know for a bear how important that extra enhanced damage is, I know for a wolf we get so much of it off of fury that might and concentration is helpful but crushing blow does most of the PVM damage
Jun 11 2024 07:33am
Quote (Redzone144 @ Jun 11 2024 03:05pm)
Reapers has itd also, so it's just champs and bosses where defense matters

I honestly don't know for a bear how important that extra enhanced damage is, I know for a wolf we get so much of it off of fury that might and concentration is helpful but crushing blow does most of the PVM damage

ye reapers is sick but i still need sometimes 2-3 hits if i roll minimum damage in p8 that sucks
while running 400ed botd last season i had similar issues bc i would sometimes roll low dmg and no deadly strike

i think death is the best option for P8 althouth decrep from reaper is also nice and safe
hmm i think ill try faith bow with death and see how it goes
things to test~~
hope that ill get enough AR but i think i manage
Gold: 317.69
Jun 11 2024 08:09am
Quote (ViVoo @ Jun 11 2024 09:33am)
ye reapers is sick but i still need sometimes 2-3 hits if i roll minimum damage in p8 that sucks
while running 400ed botd last season i had similar issues bc i would sometimes roll low dmg and no deadly strike

i think death is the best option for P8 althouth decrep from reaper is also nice and safe
hmm i think ill try faith bow with death and see how it goes
things to test~~
hope that ill get enough AR but i think i manage

If you’re a Maul bear, I wouldn’t use infinity for hit chance. If you post your level, your gear and AR I can calculate it.

Most of time you should be using Demon Limb.
Gold: 4,301.00
Jun 11 2024 08:34am
a1 lvl 80 offer LV26 Inner Sight = Defence -1255
Gold: 48,957.01
Jun 11 2024 10:34am
Quote (di3tc0ke @ Jun 11 2024 07:34am)
a1 lvl 80 offer LV26 Inner Sight = Defence -1255

This I love about that sexy girl merc
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll