d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > 1,000 Fg Grush Challenge
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,986.00
Aug 29 2023 06:29am
Quote (celloboy126 @ Aug 26 2023 01:42am)
https://youtu.be/uDkleU4IrVA

25 minute grush from a1 norm - a5 hell, no prep/scouting/flails/staff/a2skip. p3, bumper was crushed but needed nightmare ancients, rushee was a level 1 sorc with no gear. The rush games are created by my level 1 mules with no quests as shown in the vid, so I couldn't have prescouted them with other chars beforehand and memorized the layouts. No MH was used, as is clear from me running into many walls and scouting maps algorithmically. Done on ladder because it was too hard to find a bumper on nl.

There are several mistakes made in the run (I didn't drop cube, I didn't tp from harem when palace was closed, I didn't clear a few areas before putting tp up for rushee so they died once) and the map reading isn't perfect.

It was fun! I think 24 mins is possible with no errors on the rusher's part, but p8 might bump it up to 25 mins again.

Thats really crazy. Congratulations, never thought it would be possible in under 30min.

Btw, how does this a2skip work?
Gold: 2,358.60
Aug 29 2023 11:38am
Quote (BonGi @ Aug 29 2023 06:29am)
Thats really crazy. Congratulations, never thought it would be possible in under 30min.

Btw, how does this a2skip work?

It looks like you have someone at the very end of A2 quests (tal rasha's tomb, staff used to open chamber already) create a nm/hell game and have leechers join. Check which symbol it is, and swap to rusher. Talk to jerhyn, then tp to duriel and kill, talk to tyrael, and done.

If I had time to play like I used to, I'd be grushing so much like this. Also, if I had a computer that could handle more than two instances of D2R fairly well, that'd help... lol
I commend you for your skills and commitment to grushing.

I'd want to see how fast a fully pre-mapped, a2+a3 skip, full grush would take. No den, but all other quests and wps.
You'd need 4x toons per difficulty (except norm, only needing 3): A1, A2, A3, A5
A1 norm afks in game, A3 collects organs, book, bird and drops, A5 collects thawing and drops, rusher pre-maps and clears
A1 nm afks, rusher maps to andy
A2 nm afks, a3 o+b+b, a5 thawing, rusher maps
A1 hell afks, rusher maps to andy
a2 hell afks, a3 o+b+b, a5 thawing, rusher maps

I'd be cheap and skip nm&hell a1 afk + premap and not need 2 more accounts/instances running. Getting to andy is really easy anyways.
So it'd be a total of 10 toons (1+3+5 norm, 2+3+5 nm, 2+3+5 hell, grusher), and 4 accounts (A1 norm afk, A1 nm afk, A1 hell afk, and rusher account).
Gold: 3,986.00
Aug 29 2023 11:47am
Quote (dymonite @ Aug 29 2023 07:38pm)
It looks like you have someone at the very end of A2 quests (tal rasha's tomb, staff used to open chamber already) create a nm/hell game and have leechers join. Check which symbol it is, and swap to rusher. Talk to jerhyn, then tp to duriel and kill, talk to tyrael, and done.

If I had time to play like I used to, I'd be grushing so much like this. Also, if I had a computer that could handle more than two instances of D2R fairly well, that'd help... lol
^celloboy126 I commend you for your skills and commitment to grushing.

I'd want to see how fast a fully pre-mapped, a2+a3 skip, full grush would take. No den, but all other quests and wps.
You'd need 4x toons per difficulty (except norm, only needing 3): A1, A2, A3, A5
A1 norm afks in game, A3 collects organs, book, bird and drops, A5 collects thawing and drops, rusher pre-maps and clears

I'd be cheap and skip nm&hell a1 afk + premap and not need 2 more accounts/instances running. Getting to andy is really easy anyways.
So it'd be a total of 10 toons (1+3+5 norm, 2+3+5 nm, 2+3+5 hell, grusher), and 4 accounts (A1 norm afk, A1 nm afk, A1 hell afk, and rusher account).

Thank you for the explanation, crazy :D
Gold: 80.00
Aug 29 2023 01:35pm
Quote (dymonite @ Aug 29 2023 10:38am)

^celloboy126 I commend you for your skills and commitment to grushing.

yeah but there was a well-guarded secret of the act 2 skip which you didn't mention. Before the rusher talks to Tyrael at the end of the tunnel, the rusher needs to talk to Jehryn and then Meshif, in that order, or else nobody in town will get quest when the rusher talks to Tyrael.

But, there's a downside to doing that act 2 skip. And that is: none of the rushees will be able to enter tps to arcane, canyon, or tombs, until they pop the snake altar on their own. So while it looks fast, and the act 2 skip is optimal for rushing as fast as possible, the rushees do have to spend extra time later to pop the snake altar in nm and hell on their own if they wanna do tz tombs or arcane or just rush, etc.

Ideally, instead of the act 2 skip, the rusher would have "staff fetchers" in all difficulties to pass the precollected staff (not the amulet, as that can only be gotten once per char) to the game making mules in each difficulty. Then at least the rusher can skip maggot lair, and the rushees won't have to go back later to pop the snake altar. Besides, sometimes rushees get lost between leaving and joining so many games.

Also thanks ^^
Gold: 2,358.60
Aug 29 2023 03:26pm
Quote (celloboy126 @ Aug 29 2023 01:35pm)
yeah but there was a well-guarded secret of the act 2 skip which you didn't mention. Before the rusher talks to Tyrael at the end of the tunnel, the rusher needs to talk to Jehryn and then Meshif, in that order, or else nobody in town will get quest when the rusher talks to Tyrael.

But, there's a downside to doing that act 2 skip. And that is: none of the rushees will be able to enter tps to arcane, canyon, or tombs, until they pop the snake altar on their own. So while it looks fast, and the act 2 skip is optimal for rushing as fast as possible, the rushees do have to spend extra time later to pop the snake altar in nm and hell on their own if they wanna do tz tombs or arcane or just rush, etc.

Ideally, instead of the act 2 skip, the rusher would have "staff fetchers" in all difficulties to pass the precollected staff (not the amulet, as that can only be gotten once per char) to the game making mules in each difficulty. Then at least the rusher can skip maggot lair, and the rushees won't have to go back later to pop the snake altar. Besides, sometimes rushees get lost between leaving and joining so many games.

Also thanks ^^

So you'd have someone in A2 drop staff piece (not full staff, no ammy) A3 drop book, bird, and flail. Have someone in each difficulty afk while premap & clearing is done, and leave when leachers arrive. A5 thawing potion for anya would save like 10 seconds per difficulty so I'd throw that out.
A1: andy
A2: rada, ammy, summoner, duriel
A3: council/orb, mephy
A4: izzy/diablo
A5: shenk, anya, (ancients maybe, ) and baal

I'm really tempted to do this, but I know ladder should be resetting pretty soon...
Gold: 28,975.00
Aug 29 2023 05:43pm
Quote (dymonite @ Aug 29 2023 02:26pm)
So you'd have someone in A2 drop staff piece (not full staff, no ammy) A3 drop book, bird, and flail. Have someone in each difficulty afk while premap & clearing is done, and leave when leachers arrive. A5 thawing potion for anya would save like 10 seconds per difficulty so I'd throw that out.
A1: andy
A2: rada, ammy, summoner, duriel
A3: council/orb, mephy
A4: izzy/diablo
A5: shenk, anya, (ancients maybe, ) and baal

I'm really tempted to do this, but I know ladder should be resetting pretty soon...

The people that pay for grush service don’t expect you to do all that. If your goal is to make fg, pre mapping, pre clearing, or grabbing quest parts beforehand are not recommended. Most frustrating part of a grush is organizing a game so all 7 players can join the game in reasonable time without one going afk.
Aug 29 2023 06:34pm
Quote (ik0604 @ Aug 28 2023 07:52pm)
Assuming this is not a “planned” grush, 30min grush isn’t possible for p8 but easily achievable for p2 most of the times.

This competition is based on 95% luck (45% weighted on having a “good” rushee(s), 10% arcane, 40% all rushees being in close proximity in real life so there’s no lag in nightmare/hell difficulty especially if you’re a 200fcr sorc. The time difference between 200fcr nova and 120fcr lightning sorc is negligible in p8. I have yet to come across a single pub game in D2R where I can teleport with 200fcr with zero lag. That being said nova sorc has huge advantage over lightning in p2 grush where as lightning has slight edge in p8. More rules need to be added here to ensure it’s a fair win.

I think my best was approximately 36-37min in p8 with all essential quests (Rada, tome, Izzy, Shenk, Anya in all difficulties).

p8, no prep, sub 25

It's 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.

36 mins for p8 no prep with side quests is impressive. Nova beats lightning in all player counts because 90% of the clearing is trash mobs. Nova is also much tankier, since you can build a strong ES. Personally my favorite rusher is 200 fcr ES 9k blizz sorc with max telekinesis and 2.1k life, 2k mana after BO running cure + insight + coh on prayer merc, with wizspike + griffon's + ormus + 1 soj + 2/20 ammy, because nothing can take that sorc down. But nova is just the fastest.

This post was edited by celloboy126 on Aug 29 2023 06:46pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2023 06:45pm
Quote (celloboy126 @ Aug 29 2023 04:34pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNn9PtOCqW8
p8, no prep, sub 25

It's 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.

36 mins for p8 no prep with side quests is impressive. Nova is much better than lightning for rushing in all player counts, because 90% of the time you're just clearing trash mobs. The only time saved with lightning is about 5 seconds in hell trav and another 5 seconds in hell cs. You're losing 5 few seconds in each of the other 50 zones you're clearing. Nova is also much tankier, since you can build a strong ES. Personally my favorite rusher is 200 fcr ES 9k blizz sorc with max telekinesis and 2.1k life, 2k mana after BO running cure + insight + coh on prayer merc, with wizspike + griffon's + ormus + 1 soj + 2/20 ammy, because nothing can take that sorc down. But nova is just the fastest.

Did u just quote fort minor bro
Aug 29 2023 06:48pm
Quote (crosspawz @ Aug 29 2023 05:45pm)
Did u just quote fort minor bro

Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2023 06:55pm
Quote (celloboy126 @ Aug 29 2023 04:48pm)

RESPECT
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll