d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Broken Off Hand And Ww Glitch
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.50
Nov 8 2021 04:21pm
Quote (EaterOfSound @ Nov 8 2021 03:01pm)
so this means a gfg broken wirt's leg is offhand bis for ww right now

nice.

Currently using broken beast for style points
Gold: 1,645.70
Nov 8 2021 05:04pm
So one thing I read, if you use the exact same base for the broken weapon as the mainhand you're trying to glitch, it bypasses the charm glitch.

I do not know if that's 100% accurate, and if you can use something like a broken crystal sword for the mainhand PB

so uh.. i guess the broken wirts leg meta might be put on hold for a broken crystal sword for pb, or whatever the normal version of a BA was called I forgot. Unless that doesn't work, then for PB it's impossible to have it broken.

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 8 2021 05:05pm
Gold: 211.00
Nov 8 2021 05:09pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 8 2021 06:04pm)
So one thing I read, if you use the exact same base for the broken weapon as the mainhand you're trying to glitch, it bypasses the charm glitch.

I do not know if that's 100% accurate, and if you can use something like a broken crystal sword for the mainhand PB

so uh.. i guess the broken wirts leg meta might be put on hold for a broken crystal sword for pb, or whatever the normal version of a BA was called I forgot. Unless that doesn't work, then for PB it's impossible to have it broken.

Was working on a crystal sword. It won't work on something different? Am I wasting time breaking stuff?
Gold: 20.50
Nov 8 2021 05:10pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 8 2021 04:04pm)

FT: Griefz's
Nov 8 2021 05:18pm
Quote (GirthOfANation @ Nov 8 2021 04:09pm)
Was working on a crystal sword. It won't work on something different? Am I wasting time breaking stuff?

so what i meant was i read that if you were trying to do this glitch with say a berserker axe, the limiting factor at play was the nerf to strength bug that made dual weilding borked. ie torch, anni, charms cant count towards equipping it.

I read that a work around to this was that if the offhand is the exact same as the main hand- as in the base- it works. ie you can use your torch to count towards equipping the main hand again.

what im unsure of is if that extends to say having a phase blade as the mainhand, and a broken crystal sword off hand. since a phase blade can't have a broken phase blade off hand due to being indestructable

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 8 2021 05:20pm
Nov 8 2021 05:21pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 8 2021 06:18pm)
so what i meant was i read that if you were trying to do this glitch with say a berserker axe, the limiting factor at play was the nerf to strength bug that made dual weilding borked.

I read that a work around to this was that if the offhand is the exact same as the main hand- as in the base- it works.

what im unsure of is if that extends to say having a phase blade as the mainhand, and a broken crystal sword off hand. since a phase blade can't have a broken phase blade off hand due to being indestructable

What am I telling you is I made this work with a crystal sword and grief pb. What I want to know now is what the str bug part is you're talking about. I guess I don't understand.
Nov 8 2021 05:25pm
Quote (GirthOfANation @ Nov 8 2021 04:21pm)
What am I telling you is I made this work with a crystal sword and grief pb. What I want to know now is what the str bug part is you're talking about. I guess I don't understand.

there used to be something called a strenght bug that would cause desyncing- the devs fixed this. an unintended side effect in fixing this is that dual weilding weapons won't calculate damage correctly if you're equipping them with strength and dex you received from charms.

This is relevant to the broken offhand glitch, I know it seems random but it's coming into play here.

People are currently trying to shore up the stat loss from their torches by sacrificing vitality. What I am saying is that I've read if the offhand is the same base as a the main hand, you can use your torch to equip the weapon.

What I'm unsure of is if a crystal sword will count as a base for a phase blade in this work around. I am also not 100% sure if this even works because it is someone telling me it worked, and not me confirming it for myself.
Nov 8 2021 05:27pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 8 2021 06:25pm)
there used to be something called a strenght bug that would cause desyncing- the devs fixed this. an unintended side effect in fixing this is that dual weilding weapons won't calculate damage correctly if you're equipping them with strength and dex you received from charms.

This is relevant to the broken offhand glitch, I know it seems random but it's coming into play here.

People are currently trying to shore up the stat loss from their torches by sacrificing vitality. What I am saying is that I've read if the offhand is the same base as a the main hand, you can use your torch to equip the weapon.

What I'm unsure of is if a crystal sword will count as a base for a phase blade in this work around. I am also not 100% sure if this even works because it is someone telling me it worked, and not me confirming it for myself.

Oh ok, so I've made it work because I did just that.

I was aware of the old str bug, naked and all, just did not know this is the new one.
Gold: 1,592.53
Nov 8 2021 05:30pm
Quote (viable @ Nov 8 2021 01:56pm)
i had enough str before i knew about this due to the other bug for weapon damage, i am unsure if that has anything to do with it.

All i know the difference between my GreifZ + Beast was around 20s kill on diablo, vs around 10s with griefZ + broken unrepaired beast in my offhand.

would 2x grief kill twice as fast as grief+beast?
what I'm gathering from this thread is a broken offhand forces a hitcheck with the primary weapon again.

and then people saying there is no further damage increase, it's just 2x mainhand. but does 2x grief kill diablo in twice the speed of grief+beast? seems kinda weird there but I don't pvm on barb.

This post was edited by Ziecheik on Nov 8 2021 05:31pm
Nov 8 2021 05:31pm
Quote (GirthOfANation @ Nov 8 2021 04:27pm)
Oh ok, so I've made it work because I did just that.

I was aware of the old str bug, naked and all, just did not know this is the new one.

so to confirm

you have used a phase blade as a main hand while needing the requirements to use it with stats provided by charms (ie if you unequip your torch, while you're only wearing jewelery or gear you can wear at base stats the PB goes red)

you used a broken crystal sword as an offhand to produce the glitch

and then your mainhand was hitting twice acting like you were dual wielding it?

Sorry to kind of beat you over the head here, but if any of those things are not checked off, then this is still a mystery

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 8 2021 05:33pm
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll