d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Rip 95 Hammerdin Hvacog
Prev1333435363742Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 17 2022 02:49pm
Quote (Trashkiddo @ May 17 2022 02:12pm)
I played both, tbh SC ppl felt more like womens basketball..and yeah I pked all the (top pvp tourny players) made that fat dude rage quit like a hoe too...whats his name...toeshank

Quote (csullivan @ May 17 2022 03:22pm)
Who cares what it looks like?

Dude ear'd a 95 HC char. You don't get fucking style points. This isn't synchronized swimming for christ's sake.

Softies just don't get it.

Hey its nice to see you two on the same page. We need more drama
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 10%
May 17 2022 02:51pm
Quote (fearoftdark @ May 17 2022 02:46pm)
Bro it’s like you climbed a 50meter ravine with climbing equipment as a cat framed limp wristed man and you’re yelling down at mike Tyson that he could never take you down 1 on 1

Then Tyson says give me an helicopter lift and I’ll kick your ass in 1 punch and then you go haha you too weak to even get up here bro forget it

Yep

Made me laugh.
Gold: 8,973.00
May 17 2022 02:54pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (csullivan @ May 17 2022 04:22pm)
Who cares what it looks like?

Dude ear'd a 95 HC char. You don't get fucking style points. This isn't synchronized swimming for christ's sake.

Softies just don't get it.

The softies are just mad. I’m sure they woulda joined that HC PvP match and made quite the spectacle that blew everyone’s mind watching the video and killed that hammerdin faster than their premature ejaculation.

:rofl:
Gold: 255.00
May 17 2022 04:40pm
Quote (Trashkiddo @ 17 May 2022 14:12)
I played both, tbh SC ppl felt more like womens basketball..and yeah I pked all the (top pvp tourny players) made that fat dude rage quit like a hoe too...whats his name...toeshank

You're a modder though. Not to mention you never killed anyone good in SC ever. Probably the reason why you don't have any proof such as screenshots, video footage, etc.

Also, your voice sounds like you'd look like a combination of McLovin and Jonah Hill's character in Superbad.
Gold: 30,593.68
May 17 2022 04:57pm
Quote (YellowYellowYellowYellowYellow @ May 18 2022 02:21am)
It's the same game, stakes in softcore can be just as high if not higher. I've dueled for 10-20k fg wagers.

You die, you lose. The rules are the same and the strategy and mechanics are the same. The truth of the matter is that hc players have zero skills when it comes to dueling. Movement is extremely slow and clunky, no desynch in an HvH? What a joke.

Quick question, I've dueled loads before 2010 but not much since, and it was also gmpk while maining nec and druid so I have no clue what hammer vs hammer should be like in terms to character movement.

In a real HvH do people really jump on the opponent when they've already got a circle of hammers around them? I would think the best strategy would be to charge around in circles and find a good timing to namelock and jump on them if opponent decides to leave the safety zone of those hammers.

Jumping on opponent when they've got like 10 hammers swirling around them seems to be extremely risky (maybe not so much when you've got barb BO and druid summons around you). Genuinely curious.
Gold: 1,250.69
May 17 2022 05:31pm
Quote (ThomasR @ May 17 2022 06:57pm)
Quick question, I've dueled loads before 2010 but not much since, and it was also gmpk while maining nec and druid so I have no clue what hammer vs hammer should be like in terms to character movement.

In a real HvH do people really jump on the opponent when they've already got a circle of hammers around them? I would think the best strategy would be to charge around in circles and find a good timing to namelock and jump on them if opponent decides to leave the safety zone of those hammers.

Jumping on opponent when they've got like 10 hammers swirling around them seems to be extremely risky (maybe not so much when you've got barb BO and druid summons around you). Genuinely curious.

You see how in their duel they spend 100% of the time on each others map, not moving at all 99% of the time? That's exactly what you don't want to do. They are practically both afk, in a tournament both of these guys would be dq'd immediately.

In a good HvH match you'll see both players desynch off the map constantly, you essentially want to lead your opponent into your hammers. Think of it like that old tron game in a way (you move in lines, throwing hammers and creating "walls" of hammers as you box them in and cut them off). You want to force the other guy into your path, this is easier said than done if both players are good because you'll have desynched and they won't have an accurate read of where you are while you might not have an accurate read of where they are if they also desynch. It gets pretty tricky, it's all about predicting your opponents movements. You generally only want to telestomp once they get fhr'd by one of your hammers and you get a namelock on them to finish them off.

I used to HvH with one of the best and sadly while I didn't beat him that often I learned a lot in the process and it was a ton of fun. I mostly competed on the ZvZ and SvS ladders back then though.
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 10%
May 17 2022 05:33pm
Quote (YellowYellowYellowYellowYellow @ May 17 2022 07:31pm)
You see how in their duel they spend 100% of the time on each others map, not moving at all 99% of the time? That's exactly what you don't want to do. They are practically both afk, in a tournament both of these guys would be dq'd immediately.

In a good HvH match you'll see both players desynch off the map constantly, you essentially want to lead your opponent into your hammers. Think of it like that old tron game in a way (you move in lines, throwing hammers and creating "walls" of hammers as you box them in and cut them off). You want to force the other guy into your path, this is easier said than done if both players are good because you'll have desynched and they won't have an accurate read of where you are while you might not have an accurate read of where they are if they also desynch. It gets pretty tricky, it's all about predicting your opponents movements. You generally only want to telestomp once they get fhr'd by one of your hammers and you get a namelock on them to finish them off.

I used to HvH with one of the best and sadly while I didn't beat him that often I learned a lot in the process and it was a ton of fun. I mostly competed on the ZvZ and SvS ladders back then though.

no this is all wrong id knock your hammerdin out with one punch with my left (my weak hand) while holding a cheeseburger in my right

This post was edited by Ephesians61213 on May 17 2022 05:33pm
May 17 2022 05:36pm
Quote (Ephesians61213 @ May 17 2022 07:33pm)
no this is all wrong id knock your hammerdin out with one punch with my left (my weak hand) while holding a cheeseburger in my right

LOL this

What a lame response with this drawn out essay on how to HVH

Desync is also not as effective in 2.4 and d2r as it was back in the day.

Also, again, this is softcore advice

Gold: 22,612.50
May 17 2022 06:12pm
Haha HC so noob.

Lose to quill rat.
May 17 2022 06:12pm
Quote (draftw3dr @ May 17 2022 08:12pm)
Haha HC so noob.

Lose to quill rat.

hows it feel playing a version of a game where it's literally calling you soft in it's title? :banana:
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1333435363742Next
Closed New Topic New Poll