d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Broken Off Hand And Ww Glitch
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,645.70
Nov 7 2021 07:45pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:43pm)
I cannot confirm this as I have a lot of dex on my build without my anni and torch. I'll have to respec later to try it.

another issue with how i tested mine was a 2h balrog blade vs what would be two 1h balrog blades if the glitch is just making the mainhand count as an offhand.. hmm.

idk if the charm things is real. the problem is the damage of a 2h BB and 2 1h BBs is basically the same as far as me just looking at how fast i kill diablo. However obviously 2 1 hand griefs is another story.

I was under the impression it was supposed to do more damage, not effectively duplicate your main hand.

berserk was 110% doing baby damage when i tried using it with this glitch though.

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 7 2021 07:46pm
Gold: 20.50
Nov 7 2021 07:49pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:45pm)
another issue with how i tested mine was a 2h balrog blade vs what would be two 1h balrog blades if the glitch is just making the mainhand count as an offhand.. hmm.

idk if the charm things is real. the problem is the damage of a 2h BB and 2 1h BBs is basically the same as far as me just looking at how fast i kill diablo. However obviously 2 1 hand griefs is another story.

I was under the impression it was supposed to do more damage, not effectively duplicate your main hand.

berserk was 110% doing baby damage when i tried using it with this glitch though.

Well zzezzz's test showed the same killing speed on average with 2 grief pbs and 1 grief pb + 1 broken off hand. On my level 94 barb I have tried this with 1 grief berserker axe and a broken off hand and to me it feels like the same killing speed as 2 griefs, and it seems a little more damage than when I use grief ba + beast ba, which is consistent with 2 griefs classically being the better choice for pvm. I haven't done timed tests like zzezz, but I've played the barb a lot and this is how it feels to me.
Gold: 69.69
Nov 7 2021 07:50pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:42pm)
but to my understanding it won't work unless you can equip it without charms? did we confirm that? ie you can't get dex from torch/anni

Mordred was saying hero edit ias charms into inventory.

It is true, that if you can only equip your weapons with the help of attributes from charms it doesn't count for the offhand glitch, yes.
Nov 7 2021 07:52pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:49pm)
Well zzezzz's test showed the same killing speed on average with 2 grief pbs and 1 grief pb + 1 broken off hand. On my level 94 barb I have tried this with 1 grief berserker axe and a broken off hand and to me it feels like the same killing speed as 2 griefs, and it seems a little more damage than when I use grief ba + beast ba, which is consistent with 2 griefs classically being the better choice for pvm. I haven't done timed tests like zzezz, but I've played the barb a lot and this is how it feels to me.

okay so, most skills have uncapped ias when using fanat and burst of speed, but ww still remains the same and unaffected.

this glitch causes the offhand to basically become the main hand, but outside of that no extra damage is coming from this and people we're just talking out their ass about their weapon doing crazy damage for some reason (reddit and new players i guess?)

and we're unsure if the glitch strength bug's fix introduced is coming into play here because everyone that tested it has enough stats or simply doesn't have a torch or anni/other charms giving them stats.

I think that's a pretty accurate recap no?
Nov 7 2021 07:53pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 06:50pm)
Mordred was saying hero edit ias charms into inventory.

It is true, that if you can only equip your weapons with the help of attributes from charms it doesn't count for the offhand glitch, yes.

Okay, so the charm thing is a factor. okay. I'm going to edit the main body to include this and source whoever I can find that needs to be credited. If I missed you I'm sorry.

nvm i cant edit my post anymore. F.

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 7 2021 07:54pm
Nov 7 2021 07:56pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:52pm)
okay so, most skills have uncapped ias when using fanat and burst of speed, but ww still remains the same and unaffected.

this glitch causes the offhand to basically become the main hand, but outside of that no extra damage is coming from this and people we're just talking out their ass about their weapon doing crazy damage for some reason (reddit and new players i guess?)

and we're unsure if the glitch strength bug's fix introduced is coming into play here because everyone that tested it has enough stats or simply doesn't have a torch or anni/other charms giving them stats.

I think that's a pretty accurate recap no?

This appears to be correct, but all these points could be wrong. But yes, the "crazy" damage they are getting could just be the same damage you would get from having an additional grief. Certainly FEELS that way to me and we don't know the extent of zzezz's testing but it appears to show this is the case.
Gold: 69.69
Nov 7 2021 07:57pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:53pm)
Okay, so the charm thing is a factor. okay. I'm going to edit the main body to include this and source whoever I can find that needs to be credited. If I missed you I'm sorry.

nvm i cant edit my post anymore. F.

LOL F.

But ya, you got a way to test how often our WW is hitting with different weapon combinations? I've been trying to test out single hit damage WW on monsters, but it just hits so fast...
Nov 7 2021 07:59pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:56pm)
This appears to be correct, but all these points could be wrong. But yes, the "crazy" damage they are getting could just be the same damage you would get from having an additional grief. Certainly FEELS that way to me and we don't know the extent of zzezz's testing but it appears to show this is the case.

i mean i feel like that logically would make the most sense, but you'd have to do some pretty serious editing to actually test exactly how that works. even with that happening, wirlwind is still very unpredictable and hard to determine EXACTLY what it's doing when you're usinng it due to over or undershooting the thing, blocking, missing, etc. as well as the fact you aren't actually watching the targets HP bar while doing this.

If it's close too what 2 griefs would look like, might be safeish to assume it is for all intents and purposes with a little disclaimer attached at the end.

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 7 2021 08:01pm
Nov 7 2021 08:01pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:59pm)
i mean i feel like that logically would make the most sense, but you'd have to do some pretty serious editing to actually test exactly how that works. even with that happening, wirlwind is still very unpredictable and hard to determine EXACTLY what it's doing when you're usinng it due to over or undershooting the thing, blocking, missing, etc.

If it's close too what 2 griefs would look like, might be safeish to assume it is for all intents and purposes with a little disclaimer attached at the end.

Agreed. So for any one reading this: Ostensibly, you only need one grief for your whirlwind barbarian right now. Equip a broken weapon in your off-hand and you will do the damage of two griefs. If anyone finds a way to test this or disprove this please post so we can confirm.
Gold: 1,974.23
Nov 7 2021 08:53pm
I will be so hyped if i no longer have to repair my sup Beast zerk, or pay for another grief for pvm.

Edit: im considering finding a hero editor and doing some testing on dclone's

This post was edited by viable on Nov 7 2021 09:00pm
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll