d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Broken Off Hand And Ww Glitch
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,645.70
Nov 7 2021 03:06pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 02:04pm)
OH SHIT. This could actually break meta.

How are people testing IAS though? I purely did damage V. damage. To get a clear answer using the Boss Kill method, we'd need the Grief and Beast to be of comparable solo damage.

You can see the impact of the IAS caps if you have something like a sin or a paladin with burst of speed or fanat. These are the skills that will easily go beyond what the IAS cap is supposed to be due to how IAS is calculated from skills/auras (ie it gives absurd amounts). Try it out you'll have completely busted trap laying speed. It makes fireblast scary as hell too. Mostly for your mana pool XD

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 7 2021 03:08pm
Gold: 20.50
Nov 7 2021 03:17pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 02:04pm)
OH SHIT. This could actually break meta.

How are people testing IAS though? I purely did damage V. damage. To get a clear answer using the Boss Kill method, we'd need the Grief and Beast to be of comparable solo damage.

I feel the only way to test it with whirlwind is exactly as you are, to see if we squeeze more damage out. It's not a perfect test, but if it is killing faster we know it's hitting the next highest bp. Of course Beast is gonna be lower damage than Grief but what can you do.
Gold: 69.69
Nov 7 2021 04:00pm
So I did some researching, and it looks like the way WW classically works is to ONLY take into account your weapon IAS. It (again classically) ignores any other IAS buffs the character has.

Then if old WW max IAS BP was 34 (which gives 6.25fps), running the same test, but using Beast will tell us definitively how the uncapped IAS is affecting WW (and if other aspects of WW/IAS are broken).

So, need someone with Beast x2 to run this test:

1) Equip Beast x2
2) Clear Chaos Sanc & drop TP in diablo star (go to town)
3) Wait a few secs for D to spawn
4) Start timer right before entering TP
5) Kill Diablo
6) Repeat for some runs and get average Diablo Kill time

7) Repeat with Beast x1
8) Repeat with Beast + Broken offhand

If either Fanatacism is affecting WW now (which it shouldn't) or WW breakpoint is also uncapped, we should see a difference in killtime between Beast + Broken & 2x Beast. In theory Beast + Broken offhand should give the quickest kill time if WW is truly broken & applying mainhand x2 in it's entirety.

This post was edited by ZzEzZ on Nov 7 2021 04:10pm
Nov 7 2021 07:15pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 03:00pm)
So I did some researching, and it looks like the way WW classically works is to ONLY take into account your weapon IAS. It (again classically) ignores any other IAS buffs the character has.

Then if old WW max IAS BP was 34 (which gives 6.25fps), running the same test, but using Beast will tell us definitively how the uncapped IAS is affecting WW (and if other aspects of WW/IAS are broken).

So, need someone with Beast x2 to run this test:

1) Equip Beast x2
2) Clear Chaos Sanc & drop TP in diablo star (go to town)
3) Wait a few secs for D to spawn
4) Start timer right before entering TP
5) Kill Diablo
6) Repeat for some runs and get average Diablo Kill time

7) Repeat with Beast x1
8) Repeat with Beast + Broken offhand

If either Fanatacism is affecting WW now (which it shouldn't) or WW breakpoint is also uncapped, we should see a difference in killtime between Beast + Broken & 2x Beast. In theory Beast + Broken offhand should give the quickest kill time if WW is truly broken & applying mainhand x2 in it's entirety.

So my beast just broke and I tried out just the grief BA with broken beast in offhand. Feels like a slight damage increase, which confirms that the broken off hand trick works for me. Doesn't necessarily confirm anything about fanat, but I wasn't aware that additional IAS didn't have any effect on WW. If that's the case there may be no advantage for WW users to abuse this?
Gold: 69.69
Nov 7 2021 07:26pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:15pm)
So my beast just broke and I tried out just the grief BA with broken beast in offhand. Feels like a slight damage increase, which confirms that the broken off hand trick works for me.

Interesting, ty for this test.

So the last question is...
Does the increase in killing speed come from the weapon hitting twice when its supposed to hit once... or is it the increased IAS stacking on itself causing a higher WW breakpoint given the uncapped ias in D2R?

This post was edited by ZzEzZ on Nov 7 2021 07:27pm
Nov 7 2021 07:28pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 06:26pm)
So the last question is...
Does the increase in killing speed come from the weapon hitting twice when its supposed to hit once... or is it the increased IAS stacking on itself causing a higher WW breakpoint given the uncapped ias in D2R?

Idk how you could test this, either way it's basically is just cloning the main hand weapon. Saves me from making another grief for pvm until they patch it though. Looks silly running around with just one axe though lol
Nov 7 2021 07:40pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:15pm)
So my beast just broke and I tried out just the grief BA with broken beast in offhand. Feels like a slight damage increase, which confirms that the broken off hand trick works for me. Doesn't necessarily confirm anything about fanat, but I wasn't aware that additional IAS didn't have any effect on WW. If that's the case there may be no advantage for WW users to abuse this?

so it used to be only the weapon's ias, but like.. idk anymore there's so many new bugs so I'm scared to even say if that's true.
Nov 7 2021 07:41pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:40pm)
so it used to be only the weapon's ias, but like.. idk anymore there's so many new bugs so I'm scared to even say if that's true.

I imagine this is the same still, which means there's no way to abuse the higher bp for ww, because any weapon with higher ias will just have lower dmg. If someone wants to test in hero editor just make a grief and then stack your inventory with ias small charms to make sure, but it's unlikely. The bug that we have confirmed to work is the broken off hand weapon glitch, which gives u a free extra grief!
Nov 7 2021 07:42pm
Quote (Mordred597 @ Nov 7 2021 06:41pm)
I imagine this is the same still, which means there's no way to abuse the higher bp for ww, because any weapon with higher ias will just have lower dmg. If someone wants to test in hero editor just make a grief and then stack your inventory with ias small charms to make sure, but it's unlikely. The bug that we have confirmed to work is the broken off hand weapon glitch, which gives u a free extra grief!

but to my understanding it won't work unless you can equip it without charms? did we confirm that? ie you can't get dex from torch/anni
Nov 7 2021 07:43pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 7 2021 06:42pm)
but to my understanding it won't work unless you can equip it without charms? did we confirm that? ie you can't get dex from torch/anni

I cannot confirm this as I have a lot of dex on my build without my anni and torch. I'll have to respec later to try it.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll