d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Broken Off Hand And Ww Glitch
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.00
Nov 9 2021 02:06pm
When i take off amulet with +11str and torch give me str to use main weapon its broken again

This post was edited by Kw4s1 on Nov 9 2021 02:06pm
Gold: 1,645.70
Nov 9 2021 02:15pm
Quote (Kw4s1 @ Nov 9 2021 12:06pm)
When i take off amulet with +11str and torch give me str to use main weapon its broken again

so people have noted that if the charms are what originally equipped the gear to allow equipping the weapon, if the charms become a requirement again it will fail to work. What I think you're doing is causing the charms to become the requirement in the equation by removing the jewelry.

i think people aren't noticing this because they either don't have an enigma, or if they do they are using a phase blade instead which predominantly requires dex.

I think when people start to try and use this with a BA and an enigma theyre going to notice it doesnt work if what I'm understanding is correct. However, it should still work if you use a broken BA in the offhand if GirthOfANation's testing is correct.

edit: or, like what Girth mentioned with a horadric malus, if quest items are somehow bypassing this glitch, then that could possibly work too. I'm not sure how well tested that is yet, and if it does work hopefully a quest item that doesn't have 66 durability will also work.

This post was edited by Arkontas on Nov 9 2021 02:27pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Nov 9 2021 02:24pm
This is actually a really interesting quirk of how whirlwind works. I assume this also works in LoD, and nobody ever considered it? Haven't tested

The thing is, whirlwind has some true noodle code in LoD and works in such an absurdly complicated manner
It hits on frame #4 with A, then on frame #8 with A+B, then it starts calculating intervals between hitchecks, switching which weapon is used for ias, but only if an enemy is in range, but only calling the function to change which weapon's attributes are used for non-damage modifiers like attack rating if an attack passes the hitcheck attack roll- but still changing which is active for damage and which is used for intervals which means it can get desynchronous which attack rating / modifiers are used with which weapon. That's why fools claws on assassins are slightly worse than they should be, since you're more likely to get stuck on the chao's side's attack rating as it fails multiple hitchecks in a row and then each time fools rolls a hit it switches back.

Now it makes sense that if the game prevents a broken weapon from becoming active, then every time the game tries to switch the active weapon its not doing anything, so grief stays active.
So yeah as everyone in the thread saying, I see no reason you shouldn't just save 50% of your weapon cost and make a single grief phase blade and use a cracked hand axe offhand, or maybe a 40% ias broken item if its using the ias for intervals
Nov 9 2021 02:35pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 9 2021 12:24pm)
This is actually a really interesting quirk of how whirlwind works. I assume this also works in LoD, and nobody ever considered it? Haven't tested

The thing is, whirlwind has some true noodle code in LoD and works in such an absurdly complicated manner
It hits on frame #4 with A, then on frame #8 with A+B, then it starts calculating intervals between hitchecks, switching which weapon is used for ias, but only if an enemy is in range, but only calling the function to change which weapon's attributes are used for non-damage modifiers like attack rating if an attack passes the hitcheck attack roll- but still changing which is active for damage and which is used for intervals which means it can get desynchronous which attack rating / modifiers are used with which weapon. That's why fools claws on assassins are slightly worse than they should be, since you're more likely to get stuck on the chao's side's attack rating as it fails multiple hitchecks in a row and then each time fools rolls a hit it switches back.

Now it makes sense that if the game prevents a broken weapon from becoming active, then every time the game tries to switch the active weapon its not doing anything, so grief stays active.
So yeah as everyone in the thread saying, I see no reason you shouldn't just save 50% of your weapon cost and make a single grief phase blade and use a cracked hand axe offhand, or maybe a 40% ias broken item if its using the ias for intervals

To my knowledge, this issue showed up after they nerfed the strength glitch bug and is what the devs said was the culprit. If we look at how it's happening and that it's coming from charms which is largely what was causing the strength bug originally it does make sense. I think the way they nerfed it is what's causing what would originally just be a straight up strength bugged character with missing weapons to just not work. I am not sure if it works this way in LoD, but I think for there to be such a surge of people complaining about their dual wield not working anymore, it's likely new.

and yeah, ww is a god damn nightmare just to really understand how it works. Testing it's a whole other pita. That's pretty impressive that you've got all the details down like that, do you have that in a doc somewhere or from a wiki? I should save this stuff, I'm pretty new to BvC.

To my knowledge the broken weapon causing the main hand to hit twice is also new- when I first heard about it I spent probably half an hour combing the internet trying to find what the hell this user was talking about. The oldest entry I could find was some low level using two flails and posting a video in a discord running trav in D2R saying "wow I do soooo much more damage!" and that prompted me to figure out if it was in reality doing more damage or applying it twice because I mean, they were flails he's probably doing something weird with the build.
Gold: 6,144.00
Nov 9 2021 02:39pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 7 2021 03:24pm)
OK so I did some testing vs. P1 Diablo tracking average kill time with no merc on BNET. Here's the results:
Grief PB + Grief PB: 8s
Grief + Broken offhand: 8s
Grief PB x1: 17s
Grief + Shield: 16s

Shield was spirit monarch. So what did this tell me:
- Grief + broken offhand WW tricks the game into thinking you're wearing two of your mainhand Grief & applies all the bonuses / hits / damage for the price of just one.

hf with this!

u need to test with grief pb + white short sword (not broken) and post results as well
Gold: 69.69
Nov 9 2021 02:42pm
Quote (ahyp @ Nov 9 2021 12:39pm)
u need to test with grief pb + white short sword (not broken) and post results as well

What's the expected outcome from using white sword?

From my understanding of ww, grief + random white sword should give slower time than everything since it'd try to hit with a no damage weapon.
Gold: 22,164.69
Nov 9 2021 02:42pm
Quote (Arkontas @ Nov 9 2021 02:35pm)
To my knowledge, this issue showed up after they nerfed the strength glitch bug and is what the devs said was the culprit. If we look at how it's happening and that it's coming from charms which is largely what was causing the strength bug originally it does make sense. I think the way they nerfed it is what's causing what would originally just be a straight up strength bugged character with missing weapons to just not work. I am not sure if it works this way in LoD, but I think for there to be such a surge of people complaining about their dual wield not working anymore, it's likely new.

and yeah, ww is a god damn nightmare just to really understand how it works. Testing it's a whole other pita. That's pretty impressive that you've got all the details down like that, do you have that in a doc somewhere or from a wiki? I should save this stuff, I'm pretty new to BvC.

To my knowledge the broken weapon causing the main hand to hit twice is also new- when I first heard about it I spent probably half an hour combing the internet trying to find what the hell this user was talking about. The oldest entry I could find was some low level using two flails and posting a video in a discord running trav in D2R saying "wow I do soooo much more damage!" and that prompted me to figure out if it was in reality doing more damage or applying it twice because I mean, they were flails he's probably doing something weird with the build.

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Whirlwind
that's only part of it, LOTS of testing in the SnG threads about the AR glitch, and I still don't know exactly how it works. Its just too weird for me
Nov 9 2021 02:43pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 9 2021 12:42pm)
https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Whirlwind
that's only part of it, LOTS of testing in the SnG threads about the AR glitch, and I still don't know exactly how it works. Its just too weird for me

I love amazonbasin that wiki is absolutely amazing and it's a damned shame that it never shows up in the google results. I always go there first XD
Gold: 6,144.00
Nov 9 2021 02:54pm
Quote (ZzEzZ @ Nov 9 2021 03:42pm)
What's the expected outcome from using white sword?

From my understanding of ww, grief + random white sword should give slower time than everything since it'd try to hit with a no damage weapon.

thats what should happen. but you need to test that as well.
Gold: 22,330.00
Nov 10 2021 03:38am
Quote (Goomshill @ 9 Nov 2021 21:24)

Will game use the 40ias if it's broken?
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll