d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Why Ladder?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
May 15 2024 11:21am
Starting from scratch is a big part of it for me, joining when it resets and selling the drops on jsp adds a nice layer of fun to the grind.
You can also start in the middle of the ladder from scratch and it will be fun but some items will be almost impossible to sell unless it's the start of the ladder.

Never cared about lvling to 99, still don't.
Gold: 317.69
May 15 2024 11:23am
Why play ladder? So Optimus Primes can buy stuff off of me.

This post was edited by Tarisus on May 15 2024 11:23am
Gold: 14,335.00
May 15 2024 11:26am
To enjoy 2-3 days in a bot-free environment
Gold: 128,226.47
May 15 2024 11:31am
Quote (Fuggie @ May 15 2024 01:08pm)
I like all the answers but yours is my favorite. I didn't even factor in game population as I came in on the tail end. Dunno about the whole bis build though, my luck has never been that great.

I guess it's time to stick to what I now or try a new toon

When you get a full hand on the game it is really quite easy. The increased population makes finding people to play with easier as well as increases the drop rate in games which makes finding stuff easier.

As for the build, if you use JSP, get in even a decent group and play a reasonable amount of hours and efficiently during that time it really isn't that hard to get a P8 build that is high level going.

I'd say for even a more casual player you can be mid 90's + with a fully built character in just a couple weeks with top end gear.

Quote (Sankturio @ May 15 2024 01:26pm)
To enjoy 2-3 days in a bot-free environment

Bots start ladder before even you do. They're on and grinding from before the one second mark is over.

You just don't have to deal with their sale posts as competition for a day or so lol :P

This post was edited by NoobSkills on May 15 2024 11:31am
Gold: 16.05
May 15 2024 02:25pm
Quote (NoobSkills @ May 15 2024 12:31pm)
When you get a full hand on the game it is really quite easy. The increased population makes finding people to play with easier as well as increases the drop rate in games which makes finding stuff easier.

As for the build, if you use JSP, get in even a decent group and play a reasonable amount of hours and efficiently during that time it really isn't that hard to get a P8 build that is high level going.

I'd say for even a more casual player you can be mid 90's + with a fully built character in just a couple weeks with top end gear.

Bots start ladder before even you do. They're on and grinding from before the one second mark is over.

You just don't have to deal with their sale posts as competition for a day or so lol :P

I've been off and on d2 for years. I usually just find games, not really a solid group. But I'll be making a ladder soon. Just dunno which kind.
May 15 2024 02:34pm
Quote (Fuggie @ May 15 2024 04:25pm)
I've been off and on d2 for years. I usually just find games, not really a solid group. But I'll be making a ladder soon. Just dunno which kind.

There are quite a few people who are starting the upcoming ladder making posts right now. Join a group ahead of time if you can because it will make your life easier.

There are also plenty of groups and guilds on JSP who are going to be playing non stop during the race you can probably join. Also after the initial grind dies down there are some discord groups out there. Most of mine have died out a bit since S2/S3 but there are options.

As for which character, play whatever you find fun. You can just join a group initially and be a hork barb and transition into P1 farming efficiently. Or pick any of the more normal AOE builds you have all the options.

A lot of ppl like mosaic, a lot don't but it is new.
Hork barb most efficient, requires nobody else, pretty linier until you get your build right though.
And all the rest of the AOE's just slap a sunder on and try to improve and you're good to go.
May 15 2024 02:47pm
Quote (NoobSkills @ May 15 2024 03:34pm)
There are quite a few people who are starting the upcoming ladder making posts right now. Join a group ahead of time if you can because it will make your life easier.

There are also plenty of groups and guilds on JSP who are going to be playing non stop during the race you can probably join. Also after the initial grind dies down there are some discord groups out there. Most of mine have died out a bit since S2/S3 but there are options.

As for which character, play whatever you find fun. You can just join a group initially and be a hork barb and transition into P1 farming efficiently. Or pick any of the more normal AOE builds you have all the options.

A lot of ppl like mosaic, a lot don't but it is new.
Hork barb most efficient, requires nobody else, pretty linier until you get your build right though.
And all the rest of the AOE's just slap a sunder on and try to improve and you're good to go.

Mosaic looks awesome, but just not my style. I got a toddler and a pregnant wife, so no all nighters. I'll be there, you've convinced me to make a ladder toon. Debating nova or full horker, just to be different
May 15 2024 02:54pm
Quote (Fuggie @ May 15 2024 04:47pm)
Mosaic looks awesome, but just not my style. I got a toddler and a pregnant wife, so no all nighters. I'll be there, you've convinced me to make a ladder toon. Debating nova or full horker, just to be different

LOL "to be different" :P

Those builds nowadays are pretty meta to be honest. But they're fun and good. But I'd say they're the 2 more popular builds that weren't meta 10 years ago.
May 15 2024 02:59pm
Quote (NoobSkills @ May 15 2024 03:54pm)
LOL "to be different" :P

Those builds nowadays are pretty meta to be honest. But they're fun and good. But I'd say they're the 2 more popular builds that weren't meta 10 years ago.

Meh when I think meta it's blizzard, hammer, or a wind druid
Gold: 352,011.89
May 15 2024 03:15pm
Quote (Fuggie @ 15 May 2024 21:59)
Meh when I think meta it's blizzard, hammer, or a wind druid

Try fire Druid for reset it’s pretty cool now with fire sunders if you wanna do something different
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll