d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Challenging Leicalized To A Contest > D2
1235Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 50%
Jul 29 2023 08:05pm
Nvm he told me in a pm that he’s a nobody, caught him in a lie.

I back up what I say, this dude is a joke lol

This post was edited by Nataraja on Jul 29 2023 08:27pm
Gold: 4,985.50
Jul 30 2023 12:12am
What did he do to you albert
Gold: 72,899.62
Jul 30 2023 12:17am
I’m in.

Jul 30 2023 01:03am
A Critique of Blazetray
from an IDSA and RED DOT award winning product designer

Functional and Engineering comments:

1. There are no cigarette rests. This is a basic requirement of any functional ashtray.

2. The tapered profile of the main body looks to be a result of the desire to pull the part from a mold in the Y axis, eliminating external part lines. however the designer has not adjusted the corner radii as they are amateurishly applied. However, there is an ergonomic benefit of tapering the entire unit as it becomes easier to pick up from a surface. Suggestion: more aggressive taper to the body and adjust radii to be consistent.

3. Indexing tabs on the top of the lid and body are unrefined and aesthetically unpleasing. They could be implemented internally on the testing ledge of the product, to create a more streamlined aesthetic. Furthermore, the small exposed indexing tabs on the lid would be prone to accidental breakage.

4. The internal resting ledge of the lid will have varying plastic thickness towards the step where the lid rests. As designed there will visible sinkage a few millimeters from the top. Suggestion: add texture to the external surfaces to cover any sink, also highly polished plastic surfaces are more prone to scratching.

5. Lid removal is non obvious and a major design flaw . There seems to be a tiny recess on one of the corners for the the end user to remove the top lid with a fingernail In its current state the end user would most likely tip the entire unit on its side to remove the lid. Thus spilling its entire content on the table.

Overall Concept:

This is a classic Swiss Army knife approach to design, where a inexperienced designer simply combines two devices into one in the hopes to create the latest novelty mousetrap.

What day to day issue is this solving for the consumer ?

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve any end user issues, and in fact creates more burden ( charging ) and waste ( the need for multiple lighters at home and on the go )

It’s best if the designer goes back the drawing board and starts from scratch with a more compelling product concept. I cannot see this being a market success in its current form.

This post was edited by Leicalized on Jul 30 2023 01:04am
Warn: 70%
Jul 30 2023 04:32am
RvR
Jul 30 2023 05:57am
Quote (Leicalized @ Jul 30 2023 02:03am)
A Critique of Blazetray
from an IDSA and RED DOT award winning product designer

Functional and Engineering comments:

1. There are no cigarette rests. This is a basic requirement of any functional ashtray.

2. The tapered profile of the main body looks to be a result of the desire to pull the part from a mold in the Y axis, eliminating external part lines. however the designer has not adjusted the corner radii as they are amateurishly applied. However, there is an ergonomic benefit of tapering the entire unit as it becomes easier to pick up from a surface. Suggestion: more aggressive taper to the body and adjust radii to be consistent.

3. Indexing tabs on the top of the lid and body are unrefined and aesthetically unpleasing. They could be implemented internally on the testing ledge of the product, to create a more streamlined aesthetic. Furthermore, the small exposed indexing tabs on the lid would be prone to accidental breakage.

4. The internal resting ledge of the lid will have varying plastic thickness towards the step where the lid rests. As designed there will visible sinkage a few millimeters from the top. Suggestion: add texture to the external surfaces to cover any sink, also highly polished plastic surfaces are more prone to scratching.

5. Lid removal is non obvious and a major design flaw . There seems to be a tiny recess on one of the corners for the the end user to remove the top lid with a fingernail In its current state the end user would most likely tip the entire unit on its side to remove the lid. Thus spilling its entire content on the table.

Overall Concept:

This is a classic Swiss Army knife approach to design, where a inexperienced designer simply combines two devices into one in the hopes to create the latest novelty mousetrap.

What day to day issue is this solving for the consumer ?

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve any end user issues, and in fact creates more burden ( charging ) and waste ( the need for multiple lighters at home and on the go )

It’s best if the designer goes back the drawing board and starts from scratch with a more compelling product concept. I cannot see this being a market success in its current form.

https://i.imgur.com/PLXGEO7.jpg

The ashtray lid spins and it allows the tray to stay on, it’s looks like a star from the top so the cigarette holders do actually work. I have over 6 units and it’s in design for manufacturing. I’m not sure if you’ve ever looked at ashtray covers before.

If you knew anything about growth management you would know why they are how they are.

You speak like an industrial designer, not an engineer or marketer. I know this because I hire and fire you guys.

And we have 6 total models and snoop dog already designing his own version.

I’m a product manager from Cornell University and I’ll run circle around you bro.

If we capture 1/10 of 1% of the lighter market in 3 years. Blazetray will be a 20 million dollar brand.

Congrats, you found one of my personal products.

Proving that I really am an inventor and growth manager, did you see my website and brand? I made the logo and everything.

I’m also a growth manager and use operant conditioning to create sales teams and work directly with fortune 100 cfo, cmos and CEOs.

Still waiting for you to prove yourself as someone not just maxing out credit cards like a looser running around with his head high.

And the mousetrap saying comes from project mousetrap the fda ran to capture inventor promotion scams, so your dumb for even using it out of contex. Hence why i am building a product development app for inventors.

And atleast post a good pic

This post was edited by Nataraja on Jul 30 2023 06:06am
Jul 30 2023 06:05am
Looks like your office doesn’t leave much room to manage growth.

Nice casting couch.

And Grats on 2 followers.

This post was edited by Leicalized on Jul 30 2023 06:06am
Jul 30 2023 06:07am
Quote (Leicalized @ Jul 30 2023 07:05am)
Looks like your office doesn’t leave much room to manage growth.

Nice casting couch.

And Grats on 2 followers.

https://i.imgur.com/FQrFQvg.jpg

It’s called building a brand, you have to attach a persona to it. And yes I bought a separate unit for this company lol

All I see is you proving that I am who I say I am, not sure what you’re trying to accomplish, I have celebrities making models and wholesalers already purchasing pallets.

What do you got? A tooth brush?

This post was edited by Nataraja on Jul 30 2023 06:11am
Gold: 4,985.50
Jul 30 2023 06:12am
Quote (Nataraja @ Jul 30 2023 03:07pm)
It’s called building a brand, you have to attach a persona to it. And yes I bought a separate unit for this company lol

I am sorry my brother
But it appears you got..
Rolled and smoked :rofl:
Jul 30 2023 06:13am
Quote (Nataraja @ Jul 30 2023 08:07pm)

All I see is you proving that I am who I say I am, not sure what you’re trying to accomplish, I have celebrities and wholesalers already purchasing pallets.

What do you got? A tooth brush?

Purchasing pallets when you have 6 units in the DFM stage? That’s contradictory.

I know what I don’t have. Is a fake Eames chair to sit on.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
1235Next
Closed New Topic