d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev19394959697353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 100.23
Jun 30 2010 09:56pm
Quote (DoanY @ Jun 30 2010 11:51pm)
but look cuz of 1 person.    somehow he does not have much love on this ladder. make the rest of us who really love this ladder make him to  wait for him 5~6 days.  since ladder is for fun.  why make all of us unhappy?? lets example every is just like him the ladder will be DEAD.  and the activeness is very importand in all situation.  ive been playing gamer for like 14 year.  no active = dead.  so do us teh favor.  if u love this ladder please try hard to compelete the challenge when u have time.  dont just  ohh my guy need lvl, charm. gears.  or my life is busy. FUCK those.... excuses is an excuses.  no active = bad dont matter what

if it's just for fun why take it so seriously? There's a point where fun turns into not fun, let people do things on their own time, seems like there are these rules for a reason, but if enough people feel the way you do maybe rules need to be changed
Gold: 4,271.99
Jun 30 2010 09:57pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Jun 30 2010 11:51pm)
I think circumstances like this should be posted in the thread.
And that both players post in the thread stating,

IT's now 7pm, i am awaiting xxx's pm.

OR

it's now XXpm, i still haven't heard or xxx's PM. He's not online / He's online and hasnot replied to my pm

The time is now xx PM. I am done waiting for this player to show.

Also, for this to me true.
That player(s) involve in the challenge must post in the ladder thread, at the time of the "meeting" stating you are present.!

This post was edited by JAYZONE on Jun 30 2010 09:58pm
Gold: 1,490.00
Jun 30 2010 09:58pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Jun 30 2010 10:51pm)
I think circumstances like this should be posted in the thread.
And that both players post in the thread stating,

IT's now 7pm, i am awaiting xxx's pm.

OR

it's now XXpm, i still haven't heard or xxx's PM. He's not online / He's online and hasnot replied to my pm

The time is now xx PM. I am done waiting for this player to show.

IMO that makes things too confusing.. it is a pain when players decide to meet and never show, I know its frustrating because its happened to me a few times. But I think the easiest thing is to stick to the rules.. The rules state that you have 3 days to complete the challenge and if there is an extension granted you have 48 additional hours. In this case they had until midnight tonight to finish the duel, there shouldn't be any questions about that. Bruno I know its frustrating when you decide on a time with someone and that person never shows, but in order to maintain order and keep everything fair, we gotta stick to the rules.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 30 2010 09:59pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ 30 Jun 2010 23:57)
Also, for this to me true.
That player(s) involve in the challenge must post in the ladder thread, at the time of the "meeting" stating you are present.!

That could work.
Gold: 100.23
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 30 2010 11:55pm)
I distinctly remember having this discussion very early in ladder and extensions were to be 24 hours unless somebody specifically requested more time. I dont really feel like going back through 8K pages of mostly spam to find it but I know its there, so if /when it got changed to 48 hours it was without my knowledge.
but either way this could have all been avoided by mrdruman taking 10 seconds to post in thread saying they were having issues hooking up.
I really dont want to see him leave ladder over this, but sometimes shit like this happens, its only one spot on ladder if he's so confident of his zealot he should just fight for his spot back

I think that it's just the principle of the thing that made him mad, apparently without your knowledge the rule got changed to 48hours if this change has been in place then it should be enforced and the same courtesy should be given to everyone.

Quote (Biglouy @ Jun 30 2010 11:58pm)
IMO that makes things too confusing.. it is a pain when players decide to meet and never show, I know its frustrating because its happened to me a few times. But I think the easiest thing is to stick to the rules.. The rules state that you have 3 days to complete the challenge and if there is an extension granted you have 48 additional hours. In this case they had until midnight tonight to finish the duel, there shouldn't be any questions about that. Bruno I know its frustrating when you decide on a time with someone and that person never shows, but in order to maintain order and keep everything fair, we gotta stick to the rules.

also stuff comes up, most people don't make these meetings with the intention of not showing up, but if something comes up and you don't show it's not a "no show" per the current rules

however I feel a polite pm explaining what's up would be in order

This post was edited by Meatyy on Jun 30 2010 10:01pm
Gold: 15,410.01
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 30 2010 08:55pm)
I distcitly remeber having this discussion very early in ladder and extensions were to be 24 hours unless somebody specifically requested more time. I dont really feel like going back through 8K pages of mostly spam to find it but I know its there, so if /when it got changed to 48 hours it was without my knowledge.
but either way this could have all been avoided by mrdruman taking 10 seconds to post in thread saying they were having issues hooking up.
I really dont want to see him leave ladder over this, but sometimes shit like this happens, its only one spot on ladder if he's so confident of his zealot he should just fight for his spot back

we agree it into 48 hours because some people weren't unable to finish it and causing a lot of problems.......you agree wiht it lol

mrdurman had 3 hours and 32 mins to finish the match. so what if mrdurman taking 10 secs to respond? thats nothing. it's hes fault not yours or anyone else just subtract it and keep in time. he left cuz of this it shouldn't be ruled as dodge it should be cancel because BOTH partys were talking each others. they both can't meet each other should be cancel period.
Quote (Biglouy @ Jun 30 2010 08:58pm)

i know he was frusted but..they couldve finish it RIGHT now. joe was on and bruno was on SAME TIME and talking in pms. joe still had 3: 32 mins to finish the match.
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 03:12am)
I waited for mrdrumman last night but he never showed up :( We had agreed on doing it yesterday between 7pm and 10pm...

was exactly 4 hours and 12mins joe can finish match or lil less idk.he still had chance to finish it.

This post was edited by LilNeko on Jun 30 2010 10:02pm
Gold: 4,271.99
Jun 30 2010 10:02pm
Quote (Biglouy @ Jun 30 2010 11:58pm)

I know what you mean. But the issue here is whether to rule it a dodge or nulled- if at any point the duel doesn't get done, admins have something to look bad to and further understand the case.
This is only true if the players agree to meet up at a certain time within the extension period to complete the duel
Gold: 1,490.00
Quote (LilNeko @ Jun 30 2010 10:59pm)
we agree it into 48 hours because some people weren't unable to finish it and causing a lot of problems.......you agree wiht it lol

mrdurman had 3 hours and 32 mins to finish the match. so what if mrdurman taking 10 secs to respond? thats nothing. it's hes fault not yours or anyone else just subtract it and keep in time. he left cuz of this it shouldn't be ruled as dodge it should be cancel because BOTH partys were talking each others. they both can't meet each  other should be cancel period.

Well imo thats not fair to the challenger... the challenger wants to advance in the ladder and take a higher rank, so if the duels are canceled because they simply cant meet, thats not fair. It should be the defenders obligation to show up, giving the challenger an opportunity at his spot. If the defender can't make it in the alloted time, the defender should loose that spot.

This post was edited by Biglouy on Jun 30 2010 10:03pm
Gold: 156.00
i don think u understand how thing work. FUN when everyone likes it that way. NO ACTIVE = ALL BAD dont matter what!!.. it mean the ladder will be DEAD. telll me if u still morefun when ladder is DEAD
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 30 2010 10:04pm
Quote (LilNeko @ 30 Jun 2010 23:59)

mrdurman had 3 hours and 32 mins to finish the match. so what if mrdurman taking 10 secs to respond? thats nothing. it's hes fault not yours or anyone else just subtract it and keep in time. he left cuz of this it shouldn't be ruled as dodge it should be cancel because BOTH partys were talking each others. they both can't meet each other should be cancel period.

i know he was frusted but..they couldve finish it RIGHT now. joe was on and bruno was on SAME TIME and talking in pms. joe still had 3: 32 mins to finish the match.

What are you talking we both can't meet each others? I waited for hours last night for him to show up like we both agreed we would. I SHOWED UP. HE DID NOT. HE DID NOT SHOW.

Mrdrumman did not even post in the topic like I did. It was his duty to do that, at the very least, to let everyone know what was going on.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev19394959697353Next
Add Reply New Topic