d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev19293949596353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15,410.01
Jun 30 2010 09:49pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 08:46pm)
You guys don't understand something. When I pm'd mrdrumman to challenge him, I was leaving my house 10 minutes later and I knew that. No harm there... I obviously did not have time to duel him right away.

The problem is: mrdrumman and I agreed to meet yesterday between 7pm and 10pm east. I waited hours for him to show up but he never did. That is a "no-show" in my book, and according to the rules, a no-show = auto-loss.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

he had til midnight to finish the match he was on when you were on then you pm'd steve then steve thought it was 12 hours instead of 48 hours which it's clearly it 48 hours?

simple if you ask me?
Gold: 100.23
Jun 30 2010 09:49pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 11:46pm)
You guys don't understand something. When I pm'd mrdrumman to challenge him, I was leaving my house 10 minutes later and I knew that. No harm there... I obviously did not have time to duel him right away.

The problem is: mrdrumman and I agreed to meet yesterday between 7pm and 10pm east. I waited hours for him to show up but he never did. That is a "no-show" in my book, and according to the rules, a no-show = auto-loss.

ok, maybe he had every intention of showing, but something came up. Stuff happens, but nn to get a loss for this. Also like i've said I've seen many people ask for extensions on behalf of other people because it's the right thing to do, and it seems that joe still had time to do this, the 48 hour thing seems to have been in effect for enough time so joe should have time to do this still

Quote (mrdruman)
you aren't involved in the situation so you should prolly stay out of it.

i checked last night and it was extended so had till tonight @ midnight and got on to find out its been ruled a dodge...... if you were in such a big hurry to get it done it should have been done saturday when you posted it. i pm'd you and you "had plans" so its my fault? i love how when someones busy @ the beginning its cool but when I'm busy @ the end I get called for a dodge.....

seems like this explains itself

Quote (LilNeko @ Jun 30 2010 11:50pm)
3 or 4 hours and 30 mins to finish it and he was on when bruno was on. they could finish match in 30mins to hour. easy?

mhm and obv joe wanted to do the match, so shouldn't be dodge because that wasn't his intention

This post was edited by Meatyy on Jun 30 2010 09:52pm
Jun 30 2010 09:50pm
Quote (Meatyy @ Jun 30 2010 08:49pm)
ok, maybe he had every intention of showing, but something came up. Stuff happens, but nn to get a loss for this. Also like i've said I've seen many people ask for extensions on behalf of other people because it's the right thing to do, and it seems that joe still had time to do this, the 48 hour thing seems to have been in effect for enough time so joe should have time to do this still

3 or 4 hours and 30 mins to finish it and he was on when bruno was on. they could finish match in 30mins to hour. easy?
Gold: 4,271.99
Jun 30 2010 09:51pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 11:46pm)

I think circumstances like this should be posted in the thread.
And that both players post in the thread stating,

IT's now 7pm, i am awaiting xxx's pm.

OR

it's now XXpm, i still haven't heard or xxx's PM. He's not online / He's online and hasnot replied to my pm

The time is now xx PM. I am done waiting for this player to show.

This post was edited by JAYZONE on Jun 30 2010 09:51pm
Gold: 156.00
but look cuz of 1 person. somehow he does not have much love on this ladder. make the rest of us who really love this ladder make him to wait for him 5~6 days. since ladder is for fun. why make all of us unhappy?? lets example every is just like him the ladder will be DEAD. and the activeness is very importand in all situation. ive been playing gamer for like 14 year. no active = dead. so do us teh favor. if u love this ladder please try hard to compelete the challenge when u have time. dont just ohh my guy need lvl, charm. gears. or my life is busy. FUCK those.... excuses is an excuses. no active = bad dont matter what
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Quote (LilNeko @ 30 Jun 2010 23:49)
he had til midnight to finish the match he was on when you were on then you pm'd steve then steve thought it was 12 hours instead of 48 hours which it's clearly it 48 hours?

simple if you ask me?

I'm sorry but you really don't understand the issue. The time left does not matter if the auto-loss rule takes effect. No-show = auto loss. That's simple.

Quote (Meatyy @ 30 Jun 2010 23:49)

I'm actually the one who asked for the extension and I did not even have to do that. That was a courtesy to mrdrumman because I could see how difficult it was to get ahold of him.
Gold: 100.23
Jun 30 2010 09:53pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Jun 30 2010 11:51pm)

OR

it's now XXpm, i still haven't heard or xxx's PM. He's not online / He's online and hasnot replied to my pm

I agree with something like this.

But joe still had time to show before the time is up, no show means no show at all during the time period alloted, if he can't make a time that you guys setup because something came up it doesn't mean a "no show" stuff happens and the need to account for that should be there

This post was edited by Meatyy on Jun 30 2010 09:54pm
Gold: 1,490.00
Jun 30 2010 09:53pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 10:46pm)

My understanding of the no show = auto loss is that if they don't show in the allotted time, the extension was granted, making the alloted time to complete this duel until midnight tonight.
Jun 30 2010 09:54pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 30 2010 08:51pm)
I'm sorry but you really don't understand the issue. The time left does not matter if the auto-loss rule takes effect. No-show = auto loss. That's simple.

I'm actually the one who asked for the extension and I did not even have to do that. That was a courtesy to mrdrumman because I could see how difficult it was to get ahold of him.

Time does matter.. it matters a lot lol. w/o it there won't be such thing of 3 days + midnight dodge rule. it will cause a lot of problems..and drama going on. -_-

will happend. i pm you and you don't respond til 3 days then i say something clearly retarded like you don't meet me this time and this time then you post 1 min after dodge rule =auto loss? no lol its just getting easy way out.
Quote (JAYZONE @ Jun 30 2010 08:51pm)

OR

correctly..
Quote (Meatyy @ Jun 30 2010 08:53pm)
I agree with something like this.

But joe still had time to show before the time is up, no show means no show at all during the time period alloted, if he can't make a time that you guys setup because something came up it doesn't mean a "no show" stuff happens and the need to account for that should be there

yup..

This post was edited by LilNeko on Jun 30 2010 09:56pm
Gold: 17,000.00
Jun 30 2010 09:55pm
I distinctly remember having this discussion very early in ladder and extensions were to be 24 hours unless somebody specifically requested more time. I dont really feel like going back through 8K pages of mostly spam to find it but I know its there, so if /when it got changed to 48 hours it was without my knowledge.
but either way this could have all been avoided by mrdruman taking 10 seconds to post in thread saying they were having issues hooking up.
I really dont want to see him leave ladder over this, but sometimes shit like this happens, its only one spot on ladder if he's so confident of his zealot he should just fight for his spot back

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Jun 30 2010 09:56pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev19293949596353Next
Add Reply New Topic