d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev17879808182353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 17,000.00
Jun 11 2010 10:41am
I have a real Problem with anybody Putting a top 3 Spot on hold at all much less for 2-3 weeks at a time. Bruno also Pmed me about this and he agrees.

I also recived a reply to my original PM from Darkken and it seem everybody except LilNeko agrees to a 10 Day Cap on Going on Hold.

It seems a Meeting of the Council to Finalize this Issue may have to be arranged
Gold: 2,000.00
Jun 11 2010 12:09pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 11 2010 12:41pm)
I have a real Problem with anybody Putting a top 3 Spot on hold at all much less for 2-3 weeks at a time. Bruno also Pmed me about this and he agrees.

I also recived a reply to my original PM from Darkken and it seem everybody except LilNeko agrees to a 10 Day Cap on  Going on Hold.

It seems a Meeting of the Council to Finalize this Issue may have to be arranged

I doubt you explained the whole situation to darkken in your pm to her. He has a valid reason for going on hold it isn't just some bs reason like a level job it should be aloud. I pmed her telling her why he needs to go on hold to make sure she has all the info to make a proper decision.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Jun 11 2010 12:11pm
Jun 11 2010 12:15pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Jun 11 2010 02:09pm)
I doubt you explained the whole situation to darkken in your pm to her. He has a valid reason for going on hold it isn't just some bs reason like a level job it should be aloud. I pmed her telling her why he needs to go on hold to make sure she has all the info to make a proper decision.

well she didnt know about the top 3 char wanting to go on hold for 3 weeks when she replied to my original PM just as I didnt know when I sent it... that is a whole new issue
Jun 11 2010 12:24pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 11 2010 02:15pm)
well she didnt know about the  top 3 char wanting to go  on hold for 3 weeks when she replied to my original PM just as I didnt know when I sent it... that is a whole new issue

You seemed to connect the two together in your last post. I agreed with jess that if there's a valid reason to go on a longer hold it would be aloud. They shouldn't be punished just because they're in a top spot if they have a good reason to go on hold.
Jun 11 2010 12:28pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Jun 11 2010 02:24pm)
You seemed to connect the two together in your last post. I agreed with jess that if there's a valid reason to go on a longer hold it would be aloud. They shouldn't be punished just because they're in a top spot if they have a good reason to go on hold.

I purposely seperated the remarks by a spaced line in between and even specified "to my original PM" to avoid that connection
Jun 11 2010 12:31pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 11 2010 02:28pm)
I purposely seperated the  remarks by a spaced line in between and even specified "to my original PM" to avoid that connection

Tbh I did kinda skim it so missed the "also" in it. But you said a "10 day cap" which wouldn't allow his vaca anyway so it does kind of apply to the current situation if there was such a rule. I agreed to the 10 day cap thing for the usual on-hold things but if there's an extenuating circumstance a longer hold should also be aloud at the discretion of the council.

I have to go to work now so let's plan a meeting to get this all finalized and come up with an agreement. Tuesday works for me .

This post was edited by dark-soul on Jun 11 2010 12:32pm
Gold: 15,410.01
Jun 11 2010 04:08pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 11 2010 09:41am)

I also recived a reply to my original PM from Darkken and it seem everybody except LilNeko agrees to a 10 Day Cap on Going on Hold.

well, if person is gone for 2-3 weeks it should be fine because he has a reason to. not like they dodging or anything or lvling. it would be stupid they be removed or havin a doge sign cuz they can't touch d2 or anything cuz they were gone for certain ammount of weeks but like brad said extenatiing cirumstance a longer hold should be aloud at the discretion of the council though. :/

Quote (dark-soul @ Jun 11 2010 11:31am)
Tbh I did kinda skim it so missed the "also" in it. But you said a "10 day cap" which wouldn't allow his vaca anyway so it does kind of apply to the current situation if there was such a rule. I agreed to the 10 day cap thing for the usual on-hold things but if there's an extenuating circumstance a longer hold should also be aloud at the discretion of the council.

I have to go to work now so let's plan a meeting to get this all finalized and come up with an agreement. Tuesday works for me .

corrects.
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Jun 11 2010 11:15am)
well she didnt know about the top 3 char wanting to go on hold for 3 weeks when she replied to my original PM just as I didnt know when I sent it... that is a whole new issue

i have never received any pm about it just your orginal one =\

This post was edited by LilNeko on Jun 11 2010 04:09pm
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 11 2010 04:30pm
Quote (dark-soul @ 11 Jun 2010 14:09)

You can't honestly expect to keep your #1 spot on the ladder for 3 weeks because you are going somewhere. The sole purpose of this ladder is to climb it in hopes of getting to the top. Having the #1 of the ladder on hold for 3 weeks, whatever the reason is, is not fair for ALL other users registered to the ladder.

I think there is a difference with the top 3 of the ladder being on hold, because there is no way at all you can get passed them if they are on hold, since you have to duel everyone in the top 3, in order to get to the #1 rank. If, lets say the #22 guy wanted to go on vacation for 2 weeks, that doesnt really bother me considering everyone can just skip him and keep climbing the ladder like nothing happened. But this can't be done with the top 3 on hold.

To me, having one of the top 3 on hold, especially for such a long period of time, would ruin the purpose of this ladder.
Jun 11 2010 04:31pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 11 2010 06:30pm)
You can't honestly expect to keep your #1 spot on the ladder for 3 weeks because you are going somewhere. The sole purpose of this ladder is to climb it in hopes of getting to the top. Having the #1 of the ladder on hold for 3 weeks, whatever the reason is, is not fair for ALL other users registered to the ladder.

I think there is a difference with the top 3 of the ladder being on hold, because there is no way at all you can get passed them if they are on hold, since you have to duel everyone in the top 3, in order to get to the #1 rank. If, lets say the #22 guy wanted to go on vacation for 2 weeks, that doesnt really bother me considering everyone can just skip him and keep climbing the ladder like nothing happened. But this can't be done with the top 3 on hold.

To me, having one of the top 3 on hold, especially for such a long period of time, would ruin the purpose of this ladder.

hahahaha I was just typing the almost exact same thing!

Umm What he said :thumbsup:
Gold: 15,410.01
Jun 11 2010 05:02pm
Quote (Bruno @ Jun 11 2010 03:30pm)

it's kind of retarded you have to loose your rank because your going somewhere and your unable to make it and your out of country and you have no access to d2 or jsp or anything else. then you came back all sudden you drop from 1# to 3# yea..you would be raged a lot lol

kind of think about it. what if your one of your family died or something important and you have to missed certain ammount of weeks and your like 1 or 2 or 3 spot.

This post was edited by LilNeko on Jun 11 2010 05:07pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev17879808182353Next
Add Reply New Topic