d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev16869707172353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15,410.01
May 23 2010 10:56pm
Quote (dark-soul @ May 23 2010 09:51pm)
I see. Well the rest of us think it's bm so it won't be aloud on the ladder.

yaa..but we still need to put into words, i guess.
Gold: 43,841.33
May 23 2010 11:09pm
Quote (dark-soul @ 24 May 2010 00:51)
I see. Well the rest of us think it's bm so it won't be aloud on the ladder.

Wow you guys are totally communist to the melee community lol. I'm so glad I'm off this ladder.

No where does it state counter-gearing is bm. And it doesn't break ANY regulations because gearing for the past decade has been: "You may gear only one time before each duel." And just because one person gears to try to get an advantage on someone, why shouldn't the other person have the right to try to counter and balance any possible advantages? That's pure strategy. Just because a lot of people may not counter-gear doesn't mean those smart enough to implement it should suffer more consequeces because the "leadership" of this supposed "united" ladder doesn't like or approve of any strategy at all apparently.

This ladder sucks and I'm sure more people will come to their senses about it.

You've ruined gear strategy, ruined good/legit zealers by casting them out due to the previous "restat rule" and now you're taking away counter-gearing lol.

You guys really have something against options to melee players, don't you? It seems all you want is for people to "click and hold" with no other way to make melee fun.
Gold: 2,000.00
May 23 2010 11:12pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ May 24 2010 01:09am)
Wow you guys are totally communist to the melee community lol.  I'm so glad I'm off this ladder.

No where does it state counter-gearing is bm.  And it doesn't break ANY regulations because gearing for the past decade has been:  "You may gear only one time before each duel."  And just because one person gears to try to get an advantage on someone, why shouldn't the other person have the right to try to counter and balance any possible advantages?  That's pure strategy.  Just because a lot of people may not counter-gear doesn't mean those smart enough to implement it should suffer more consequeces because the "leadership" of this supposed "united" ladder doesn't like or approve of any strategy at all apparently.

You've ruined gear strategy, ruined good/legit zealers by casting them out due to the previous "restat rule" and now you're taking away counter-gearing lol.

You guys really have something against options to melee players, don't you?  It seems all you want is for people to "click and hold" with no other way to make melee fun.

Trust me when I say that I know just as well as you do how to counter-gear bren and I never geared at the same time as someone else just to try and get the upper hand even though I knew what setup they were going for. I never experienced anyone (outside of just random pn duels) do this to me and most people assumed it wasn't aloud. How is it communism when the people on the ladder want it? We took back the respec rule so why even bring that up?

This post was edited by dark-soul on May 23 2010 11:12pm
May 23 2010 11:18pm
lol you take back the respec rule when it already ruined so many other players including me.

Counter-gearing is not bm. Just because you don't like it, you want to throw it away.

To be perfectly honest, I would have left this ladder by now if I wasn't casted out before.

I'm finished speaking. I know I don't use the ladder anymore. It just really upset me when I find you guys are still continuing to crack down on GM strategy.
May 23 2010 11:23pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ May 24 2010 01:18am)
lol you take back the respec rule when it already ruined so many other players including me.

Counter-gearing is not bm.  Just because you don't like it, you want to throw it away. 

To be perfectly honest, I would have left this ladder by now if I wasn't casted out before.

I'm finished speaking.  I know I don't use the ladder anymore.  It just really upset me when I find you guys are still continuing to crack down on GM strategy.

So let me get this straight. Person a gears to one setup to counter person b's setup so then person b goes to gear to counter a's setup even before the match starts. Seeing that person b geared after a did he goes to gear again to counter b's new setup so once again b will go to counter the other setup. Yeah real pro strategy..
May 23 2010 11:27pm
Quote (dark-soul @ 24 May 2010 01:23)
So let me get this straight. Person a gears to one setup to counter person b's setup so then person b goes to gear to counter a's setup even before the match starts. Seeing that person b geared after a did he goes to gear again to counter b's new setup so once again b will go to counter the other setup. Yeah real pro strategy..

Dude, what don't you understand about: "One person may gear only ONE time before each duel." This means, once a person A gears, they cannot gear again until the next duel. Therefore, person B may counter-gear person A ONE TIME, because person B did NOT use his gear option yet (Allowed to gear only time before each duel). Afterwards, neither of these two players may gear again because they already USED their "one-time" gear before the duel.

So, no, a player cannot gear, counter-gear, then gear again. After both players gear once, that's it. They're not allowed to gear again until the next duel.

This post was edited by PreZident Brennon on May 23 2010 11:34pm
Gold: 4,271.99
May 24 2010 07:56am
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ May 24 2010 01:09am)
Wow you guys are totally communist to the melee community lol.  I'm so glad I'm off this ladder.

No where does it state counter-gearing is bm.  And it doesn't break ANY regulations because gearing for the past decade has been:  "You may gear only one time before each duel."  And just because one person gears to try to get an advantage on someone, why shouldn't the other person have the right to try to counter and balance any possible advantages?  That's pure strategy.  Just because a lot of people may not counter-gear doesn't mean those smart enough to implement it should suffer more consequeces because the "leadership" of this supposed "united" ladder doesn't like or approve of any strategy at all apparently.

You guys really have something against options to melee players, don't you?  It seems all you want is for people to "click and hold" with no other way to make melee fun.

I agree. I really hate it when bren does this but it's completely GM. ^_^

I only find it wrong when bren does it. hence why i wanted it change :(
the reason being me not being able to defeat him after gear change

This post was edited by JAYZONE on May 24 2010 08:00am
Gold: 17,000.00
May 24 2010 09:22am
I have to agree with Bren on this one (thats new :P )
as I said before you guys are the ones that wanted to allow so many gear changes.
I still dont understand why it would be BM for the other person to change gear at the same time you do... Kind of makes sense that if you change the other person would want to change too
Gold: 15,410.01
May 24 2010 10:29am
i really hate typing tl;dr storys lol

in reading this we keeping leaving rules as rules til we get enough proof about this and get dark-soul respond about it also. if we do we will have vote on it. this is serious matter soo if ppl wants posts more about this. it's fine by me i don't mind having more inputs about this. :]

edit; and no we aren't communist party, we listen to people about what they say we just don't like omg we going changed it right away. we wait til we get enough info from people, i mean from inside the melee community. this might take time about this. we won't enforce anything. we going get infomation and go from there. take step by step and etc.

This post was edited by LilNeko on May 24 2010 10:35am
May 24 2010 12:51pm
Quote (LilNeko @ May 24 2010 12:29pm)
i really hate typing tl;dr storys lol

in reading this we keeping leaving rules as rules til we get enough proof about this and get dark-soul respond about it also. if we do we will have vote on it. this is serious matter soo if ppl wants posts more about this. it's fine by me i don't mind having more inputs about this. :]

edit; and no we aren't communist party, we listen to people about what they say we just don't like omg we going changed it right away. we wait til we get enough info from people, i mean from inside the melee community. this might take time about this. we won't enforce anything. we going get infomation and go from there. take step by step and etc.

It's a pretty new issue that I never experienced before. I always thought it was bm to gear at the same time and I've had a godly melee since .10 lol. Not to mention everyone I spoke to said it was bm to do which is why no one did it. It seemed like everyone was against same time gearing (not just the admins bren :rolleyes: ) which is why I said "the rest of us thinks it's bm" I just don't want to leave it as it is if it's going to continue to cause drama. Or if everyone agree it's fine then leave it as it is. Either way is fine as long as there is an agreement about it.

This post was edited by dark-soul on May 24 2010 01:00pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev16869707172353Next
Add Reply New Topic