d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev16566676869353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 4,271.99
May 23 2010 11:33am
Quote (Bruno @ May 23 2010 01:25pm)
The original rules dont seem to mention anything about counter-gear (gearing immediately when your opponent goes to gear). Thats the problem. It should simply be added that opponents can not gear at the same time.

EXACTLY...
Thats the issue.
They are too lazy. to add it. but since it's not added it's considered legal no?
I fought to get this changed but no luck.
now that the issue is rising, only then they change the rule. or enforce new rules.
Gold: 17,000.00
May 23 2010 11:34am
I never liked the whole regearing mid set thing anyway I think it makes it more of a guesing game than a stradegy.
for most of last ladder on the Ladder Melee ladder you werent allowed to change gear except between sets
I only changed it on last ladder after the UGML was started and the council voted to allow 1 gear change so I decided to allow it on the Ladder version too.
Then after much whining etc it was changed to allow 2 gear changes and I was deffinitly against that but what can you do I was outvoted.

anyway the point being if you guys want to allow so much gear swapping I dont understand why it would be BM for the other person to change gear at the same time you do.. I mean youre changing why cant the other person?
Gold: 1,490.00
May 23 2010 11:35am
Quote (Bruno @ May 23 2010 12:25pm)
The original rules dont seem to mention anything about counter-gear (gearing immediately when your opponent goes to gear). Thats the problem. It should simply be added that opponents can not gear at the same time.

I think the easiest way to enforce this would be to call a gear change going to the stash and coming back out to the blood moore once completed. So if someone were to go back into town after gearing, it would be ruled as a second gear change. And also of course making it so that you cannot gear at the same time as your opponent.
Gold: 33,831.99
May 23 2010 11:40am
Quote (Bruno @ May 23 2010 12:33pm)
I dont understand why everyone is referring to what Bren does. Obviously, if he gears while his opponent is gearing and that everyone thinks its rude/bm, a rule should be made to prevent it ON OUR LADDER. As far as I know, Bren has nothing to do with the united guilds melee ladder and an excuse such as "Bren does it all the time" is ridiculous. Don't do to others what you dont want them to do to you!

With that said, I am all for a rule against gearing at the same time as your opponent, since I personnally consider it bm.

everyone is referring to what Bren does because lilNeko said this.

Quote (LilNeko @ May 22 2010 01:58am)
Oh I have something to discuss. o.o

Is it legel if someone gear when you do?

Because bren told me it's illgel and bm.

Lilneko was saying how bren told her its illegal and bm and arguing with me said he doesnt gear when other person does.
I just pointed out that Bren does gear with other person gear with proof from obisent and SX-XiP.

And as jayzone mentioned, Bren was top 1 - 3 for more than half of the life of this ladder and he was 1 part of Ladder Council.

So I just dont understand why lilneko would say Bren told her its illegal and bm when Bren would do exact same thing so its either lilneko heard it wrong or she was jusy lying.
May 23 2010 11:41am
Quote (Biglouy @ May 23 2010 01:35pm)
I think the easiest way to enforce this would be to call a gear change going to the stash and coming back out to the blood moore once completed. So if someone were to go back into town after gearing, it would be ruled as a second gear change. And also of course making it so that you cannot gear at the same time as your opponent.

No that's not a good idea.
Its better to do this instead
IF PErson A gears, and IF Person B wants to change gear, person B has to gear same time as person A. However, Once Person A is out of town and ready to duel (bo), Person B cannot request for a gear change.
This is due to the fact that once the opponent is out of town, and bo, you can see their gear via bo switch, and only then will you know if it's a good way to gear or not. =)

Quote (SirSteve1 @ May 23 2010 01:34pm)
I never liked the whole regearing mid set thing anyway I think it makes it more of a guesing game than a stradegy.
for most of last ladder on the Ladder Melee ladder you werent allowed to change gear  except between sets
I only changed it on last ladder after the UGML  was started and the council voted to allow 1 gear change so I decided to  allow it on  the Ladder version too.
Then after much whining  etc  it was changed to allow 2 gear changes and I was deffinitly against that but what can you do I was outvoted.

anyway the point being if you guys want to allow so much gear swapping I dont understand why it would be BM for the other person to change gear at the same time you do.. I mean youre changing  why cant the other person?

This is the reason why my suggestion also got denied

Quote (D2Child @ May 23 2010 01:40pm)
everyone is referring to what Bren does because lilNeko said this.

Lilneko was saying how bren told her its illegal and bm and arguing with me said he doesnt gear when other person does.
I just pointed out that Bren does gear with other person gear with proof from obisent and SX-XiP.

And as jayzone mentioned, Bren was top 1 - 3 for more than half of the life of this ladder and he was 1 part of Ladder Council.

So I just dont understand why lilneko would say Bren told her its illegal and bm when Bren would do exact same thing so its either lilneko heard it wrong or she was jusy lying.

Bren isnt the type of person to lie. He speaks the truth and always base his opinions base on facts, logic and common sense.

This post was edited by JAYZONE on May 23 2010 11:43am
Gold: 33,831.99
May 23 2010 11:47am
Quote (JAYZONE @ May 23 2010 01:41pm)
IF PErson A gears, and IF Person B wants to change gear, person B has to gear same time as person A. However, Once Person A is out of town and ready to duel (bo), Person B cannot request for a gear change.
This is due to the fact that once the opponent is out of town, and bo, you can see their gear via bo switch, and only then will you know if it's a good way to gear or not. =)

Bren isnt the type of person to lie. He speaks the truth and always base his opinions base on facts, logic and common sense.

ya i would never say Bren lie cuz he been melee for years.
Just pointing out Bren does gear when other person gear.

And On page 63, post #626 i even said to lilneko "maybe you heard it wrong" and lilneko said she did not.
Gold: 1,490.00
May 23 2010 11:51am
Quote (JAYZONE @ May 23 2010 12:41pm)

Well I dont disagree with the fact that you can switch gear after you see your opponents, because if you have gear changes left, your gonna switch gear after 1 duel anyway if you realize your gear doesn't work. Its the fact that people are almost getting multiple gear changes, by switching back and forth while seeing their opponent in town.
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2010 04:00pm
theres no rule except that you can only gear once per duel unless you mess up and forget to hit the ias bp or cnbf then its up to the oppenent and the ref as to wether someone go n gear if they trust the person has messed up n forgot the ias bp or cnbf but as for someone watching someone gear at the box then gearing to counter it theres no rule to it it`s a good move but it is sleezy and the person doing it should be prepared to have his reputation as a gm dueler remarked on .
Gold: 15,410.01
May 23 2010 04:46pm
Quote (Darkken @ May 23 2010 03:46am)
Let me know what you have in mind and I'll take care of it ;)

I'm still thinking what to say. :lol:

Quote (JAYZONE @ May 23 2010 08:46am)
Lol this gear change after someone else gear is now known as illegal?
I remember bren doing this and i wanted to get this rule enforced and chnged.
Because bren does this alot and it's pretty difficult to coupe with.
So i introduce my proposal.

Either you gear together at the same time, both go different acts and meet up at act 1 and duel when both players are ready and finish dueling.
Or
you can't gear after your opponent gear at the same duel he/she gears

BUT People said to me this is wasting time.
Lilneko SirSteve and a few others said this was a waste of time

Im sure now you realize that now that you have experienced it. it's time to change the rules.. =)

Bren even does this in PN tournies.

yea..bren wants to enforced it and changed it badly he told me about it in tourney. @@

it's waste of time but we still debating what to say til we put it into action and let people vote about it. :P

so far this might work

Either you gear together at the same time, both go different acts and meet up at act 1 and duel when both players are ready and finish dueling.
Or
Quote (nflgo @ May 23 2010 03:00pm)
theres no rule except that you can only gear once per duel unless you mess up and forget to hit the ias bp or cnbf then its up to the oppenent and the ref as to wether someone go n gear if they trust the person has messed up n forgot the ias bp or cnbf but as for someone watching someone gear at the box then gearing to counter it theres no rule to it it`s a good move but it is sleezy and the person doing it should be prepared to have his reputation as a gm dueler remarked on .

tha'ts soo true though.

Quote (SirSteve1 @ May 23 2010 10:34am)
for most of last ladder on the Ladder Melee ladder you werent allowed to change gear except between sets
I only changed it on last ladder after the UGML was started and the council voted to allow 1 gear change so I decided to allow it on the Ladder version too.
Then after much whining etc it was changed to allow 2 gear changes and I was deffinitly against that but what can you do I was outvoted.

anyway the point being if you guys want to allow so much gear swapping I dont understand why it would be BM for the other person to change gear at the same time you do.. I mean youre changing why cant the other person?

me too lol

This post was edited by LilNeko on May 23 2010 04:49pm
May 23 2010 04:50pm
Quote (LilNeko @ May 23 2010 06:46pm)
I'm still thinking what to say. :lol:

yea..bren wants to enforced it and changed it badly he told me about it in tourney. @@

it's waste of time but we still debating what to say til we put it into action and let people vote about it. :P

so far this might work

Or

maybe bren enforces it now that he quit.
but during the time when he dueled, he never enforced this because this is a good advantage for him.

This post was edited by JAYZONE on May 23 2010 04:52pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev16566676869353Next
Add Reply New Topic