d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev156789353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 440.00
Mar 10 2010 05:46am
As for consistency about updates? I can name on 1 hand who actually, consistently updates the ladder and who does not...
For example - Admins Dark-soul & CoffeemasterX consistently update the ladder, where the hell are the other 3?
Perspective guild leaders should appoint an Admin who will actually want to help rather than gaining the half-assed prestige of it, have them help out!!!
Or get someone that will!

As for the ones that seem like they're blowing it off? HELP OUT! If you know how to update then do it! If you don't know then ask us and we will help you, if you don't feel like it? Then depart... :rolleyes:
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 10 2010 03:38pm
Quote (Darkken @ Mar 10 2010 06:46am)
As for consistency about updates?  I can name on 1 hand who actually, consistently updates the ladder and who does not...
For example - Admins Dark-soul & CoffeemasterX consistently update the ladder, where the hell are the other 3?
Perspective guild leaders should appoint an Admin who will actually want to help rather than gaining the half-assed prestige of it, have them help out!!!
Or get someone that will!

As for the ones that seem like they're blowing it off?  HELP OUT!  If you know how to update then do it!  If you don't know then ask us and we will help you, if you don't feel like it?  Then depart...  :rolleyes:

Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 10 2010 04:31pm)
I was going to do the last page one but then saw bren was in the thread for a while so assumed he was doing the update since steve was messing with him. I see I assumed wrong :( . I see exactly 50% of the ladder council members have done more than one update. The other half is there to have their name there imo :)

It's true lol. Not like the updates are hard at all. Takes like 2 mins tops to do an update unless the previous update was incorrect and then it might take like as much as 5 lol. I don't mind doing the updates though I just haven't been able to be on a lot lately and have seen that steve has been pickup up the slack from the other members.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 10 2010 03:40pm
Gold: 333.94
Warn: 100%
Mar 10 2010 03:50pm
:hello: i n sikretz
Mar 10 2010 10:19pm
Excellent point Dark (I like that name ;) )
I hoping the Council members take some action - this is a group effort of several guilds. I hope they (Council members) appoint someone who would want to help update and be active.
If unsure how to post, ask any of us, we will help :)
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 11 2010 05:46am
Regarding the Gear Change:

It has been common knowledge that if u gear first, opponent can gear right after u gear. Our current one gear per set rule prevents an incident where u gear right after that again, which also is considered bm by pn and rest of melee community at large.

Also, counter-gearing only works if u can actually see what ur opponent wears. Most chars nowadays are str glitched and it will take at least one point before u can correctly decide what to gear too. i dunno how others might be good at counter-gearing, but to me if someone gears, i will have to take 1 or 2 points to observe my swings and his before i can tell what gear he has and whether i need to gear to counter over-ar or what not.

Imo we shouldn't worry so much at this time, bren can take pride in that he is good at countergearing and therefore he deserves to be #1, and that ladder hasn't reset and the rest of us on ladder are eagering awaiting invading his penthouse and taking down all his funny posters in the bathrooms there.

Any changes to gear rules, if needed even, should be done after reset where we have 20+ more players at least to test out the mechanics of our current system properly. Right now the system works, and as they say, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Just my twenty cents' worth ^_^

Regarding the Lack of Updates by some Assistants:

I agree that we do need to get active assistants to help with the updates, I will let the Council Members handle this and appoint someone else who is currently more active on non-lad and able to help out. As for myself I also apologize for the lack of updates recently, i will be more attentive and clock in a few more pages too :lol:

Thanks everyone!
Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2010 08:52am
sorry all i felt like i missed out on the rage essays this one isnt for the weak stomachs because lotta rage and hate in this one ;o not to anyone in particulare though ;/ just to everyone who owns a zealer ;)
you dont really have to respond to me either ;/ im gonna lose track of this jsp wont let me track more topics then i already am

If you guys do actually see anything that would like to talk about because MAYBE i have a valid point (ofc probably not ...) you could pm me and id love to talk about it with you

Quote (hengster @ Mar 11 2010 05:46am)
Regarding the Gear Change:

It has been common knowledge that if u gear first, opponent can gear right after u gear. Our current one gear per set rule prevents an incident where u gear right after that again, which also is considered bm by pn and rest of melee community at large.

Also, counter-gearing only works if u can actually see what ur opponent wears. Most chars nowadays are str glitched and it will take at least one point before u can correctly decide what to gear too. i dunno how others might be good at counter-gearing, but to me if someone gears, i will have to take 1 or 2 points to observe my swings and his before i can tell what gear he has and whether i need to gear to counter over-ar or what not.

;/ i think fury druids as always are neglected in this statment.. when you guys talk i do not believe you should ever refer to a zealer or think of a zealer when changing rules because fury druids have all the same problems and more...

i can easily tell in one duel possibilites of whats wrong.. like ar ofc. There are people i can use fury vs fury gear and duel them wonderful and as soon as they gear to a higher defense armor i will get slaughtered cause cant hit them.. or for example the wonderful fort. Neglecting my thoughts on the defense shift its simple to beat me so long as i gear first, i probably will gear to more ar just put on a fort and i will be devastated because i have to much ar, also as many of the zealers whom own fury druids disagree ;/ i do need to change fhr i almost never use 86fhr and actually its very common for me to use 10 fhr i can see when im being stunned instantly

Quote (hengster @ Mar 11 2010 05:46am)
Imo we shouldn't worry so much at this time, bren can take pride in that he is good at countergearing and therefore he deserves to be #1, and that ladder hasn't reset and the rest of us on ladder are eagering awaiting invading his penthouse and taking down all his funny posters in the bathrooms there.

Any changes to gear rules, if needed even, should be done after reset where we have 20+ more players at least to test out the mechanics of our current system properly. Right now the system works, and as they say, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Just my twenty cents' worth ^_^

and IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the top 3 rule should go away -.- magically enough i can beat bren again but i have trouble beating few ppl above me in the old days i could catch him or some of the others i could beat by jumping 2 does he deserve to be #1 if #3 4 5 etc can beat him just hasnt been able to duel with him ;/ i dont knowwwwwwwwwwwwww

And also i should be able to decide whether i run or walk -.- its a strategic matter if you ask me. I can see where misclick is a problem but it seems to me almost all the members who have been in melee forever and been written in the books of legendary tales think of angeling as nothing more then a joke that was made up by the absent minded ;/ and if i do happen to misclick its free hits for my oppenent...
if they misclick i get free hits if we both misclick well.. its fair...
but there are weapons that are disadvantaged such as the knife or phase blade ofc by range half my duel could be over just walking up to you when you axe reaches and mine doesnt ;/
ask i talked with heng he said knifes were given their strategic advantage by dex adding bonus dmg.. Ok... thats fine lets compare a knife to a bersker axe (w/e spelling might be leave me alone) they both have 300% edmg The bersker axe WILL give me more dmg even with the dex bonus..
so ofc im sure u wanna say knife get ias bonus and thats were blizzard didnt fail to allow strategy.. well blizzard also gave option of r/w so clearly thats a startegy -.- or maybe that the ias helps you win with a knife what about the bonuses of the classes themselves? zealer gets to do more dmg then me and swing that axe faster then me were i have to use a knife to keep a slower speed and a lower dmg ;/
lasdfldaskjfslakjf i dont know i would like to have a time span were r/w is allowed im sure a lot of party members wont even care to take advantage of it if you allowed it im sure the only people who would take advantage would be me, sam, kevin O WAIT! im the only one outta the group who play on this ladder ;/
Mar 11 2010 12:38pm
WOW! Eric - feel free to let in all out ;) :P (no pun intended - I luv ya)
Some very interesting points you suggested - however you have to keep in mind there are several different caliber classes on this ladder. We try to accomodate everyone, however we cannot cater the rules to help 1 specific class character - we have to try to help everyone as much as possible. Example, if we were to change the run/walk to cater your character only then we upset all the Zealers and Concers, at the sametime they will catch on and either 1 quit the ladder or 2 adapt and also use smaller, faster weapons and your back to square 1. Rememeber if your going to make a suggestion to modify a rule, thats fine - we encourage it, but also take into consideration the effects it will have on all classes, another example for the run/walk - the Jabbers will have a HUGE advantage due to natural dodge/evade skills with running is higher than any other character class.

As for the gear change, personally this works against me, but I understand the points brought up. The gear of a character class vs another can make or break a duel, the 'pros' and 'cons' of gear adaptation vs another class and the stragedy it provides. This has several good arguments on both sides, the factors to consider are many: is the character well established with gear (does the person have many toys in their chest)? Is the person wealthy and can afford multi-gear set-ups? What about the poor people that join the ladder and do not have such luxuries? Or cannot afford multi-gear changes (The wealthy person can just beat down the poor person)? If we allow this will there be a mass exodus of everyone leaving the ladder to remake characters? Is all their gear legit? How can you tell etc etc...
And these are only some of the questions...
Ive personally had a Zealer change gear 7 times in a single duel round just to puzzle together a winning set-up vs me, only to lose by DQ :rofl:

I would suggest, possibly, if BOTH opponents want to have multi-gear change then BOTH have to agree with it before the duel begins and to keep it GM? Have 1 or both opponents take a quick screenshots when they agree for varification and no backlash after the duel is over. If BOTH opponents do not agree then stay with the original ruling of 1 gear change during a duel and 1 between sets. This will come down to the person(s) involved in that actual duel and their honor to be GM, which could be alot to ask from some people. :rolleyes:
This way the overall rules/parameters do not change, however can be modified for a single duel event between to people IF agreed upon by BOTH parties. Like I said - its just a suggestion.
Feel free to respond please :)

Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2010 01:31pm
Quote (Darkken @ Mar 11 2010 12:38pm)
WOW!  Eric - feel free to let in all out  ;)  :P  (no pun intended - I luv ya)
Some very interesting points you suggested - however you have to keep in mind there are several different caliber classes on this ladder.  We try to accomodate everyone, however we cannot cater the rules to help 1 specific class character - we have to try to help everyone as much as possible.  Example, if we were to change the run/walk to cater your character only then we upset all the Zealers and Concers, at the sametime they will catch on and either 1 quit the ladder or 2 adapt and also use smaller, faster weapons and your back to square 1.  Rememeber if your going to make a suggestion to modify a rule, thats fine - we encourage it, but also take into consideration the effects it will have on all classes, another example for the run/walk - the Jabbers will have a HUGE advantage due to natural dodge/evade skills with running is higher than any other character class.

blaa u sucked me in by linking me to it -.- devil move imo :evil:
but when i say you should talk in concerns of druids i mean because druids have all the same problems (just they have more so the more part gets left out everytime and forgotten about)
and i only wanna run up to you ;/ im not gonna keep run on the whole duel so i dont think would put a jabber at a advantage and i actually kinda doubt a jabber maxes the running one because of other concerns they have ;/ but regardless id be more then willing to take that risk as i was fairly warned would have no problem. And i wouldnt have a problem with everyone use higher ias weapons also ;/ can a zealer actually make it beyond 4fpa?

Quote (Darkken @ Mar 11 2010 12:38pm)
As for the gear change, personally this works against me, but I understand the points brought up.  The gear of a character class vs another can make or break a duel, the 'pros' and 'cons' of gear adaptation vs another class and the stragedy it provides.  This has several good arguments on both sides, the factors to consider are many: is the character well established with gear (does the person have many toys in their chest)?  Is the person wealthy and can afford multi-gear set-ups?  What about the poor people that join the ladder and do not have such luxuries?  Or cannot afford multi-gear changes (The wealthy person can just beat down the poor person)?  If we allow this will there be a mass exodus of everyone leaving the ladder to remake characters?  Is all their gear legit?  How can you tell etc etc...
And these are only some of the questions...
Ive personally had a Zealer change gear 7 times in a single duel round just to puzzle together a winning set-up vs me, only to lose by DQ  :rofl:

;/ you dont need to be rich to have a lotta gear switches. I mean neglecting my inventory my main gear probably cost (including switches) less then 500
can you make a successful zealer with just shako gullis fort zod eth itms..
then ofc the zealers have mass unperm options

Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 11 2010 01:32pm
Well the way it's always been on nl was a max of 2 gears per set but an additional gear could happen if the opponent agreed. I always agreed since didn't really care I mean if someone is gearing a lot they usually don't know what to use vs me and I just win easier :) . Actually now that I think about it I did only ever gear once in 90% of my matches lol. Sometimes it would be twice but majority of the time it was only 1 gear xD.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 11 2010 01:37pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Mar 11 2010 03:17pm
I would suggest, possibly, if BOTH opponents want to have multi-gear change then BOTH have to agree with it before the duel begins and to keep it GM? Have 1 or both opponents take a quick screenshots when they agree for varification and no backlash after the duel is over. If BOTH opponents do not agree then stay with the original ruling of 1 gear change during a duel and 1 between sets. This will come down to the person(s) involved in that actual duel and their honor to be GM, which could be alot to ask from some people.
This way the overall rules/parameters do not change, however can be modified for a single duel event between to people IF agreed upon by BOTH parties. Like I said - its just a suggestion.
Feel free to respond please

I like this Idea as its mostly a problem when people are dueling each other often the realy get to know their oponents and how to gear becomes a huge stragedy factor I duel bren ryan kwan chris so often i know exactly how to gear vs them at any given time. so the optional if both parties agree would be a way to solve this delema simply s/s the agreement so theirs no dispute later and have at it . :wub: darks ability to flex and keep all happy without comprimizing a standard and ive never yet had a set of duels on this ladder that required a ref or had any questionable duels or disputes. Everyone ive dueled has been completly gm as far as i know B)
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev156789353Next
Add Reply New Topic