d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1515253545576Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 17 2021 03:12pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 01:56pm)
Decrypt has been banned for 20 years lol. That would certainly help vs sins, as it would force you to actively swap between fade/bos as I land it and combined with a golem slow could leave sins very vulnerable if they find themselves without pre placed traps and both golem slow and decrypt on them. It would also help vs a bunch of other classes, zon, barb. Meanwhile lower res + poison nova would completely change the fight between nec and es sorcs.Iron maiden and life tap are both also banned. Literally every curse that does anything in pvp besides amp is banned, which doesn't benefit necro and only has use in team fights.

Skeles/revives would benefit vs sin, as traps are being weird in targeting and going after summons more often than in classic. In addition, if summon stacked, traps will not hit the necro at all. While I still get mindblasted out of them, just teleing around and landing on a trap stack would not hurt me and the sin would have to actively mindblast me out of traps before I'd take damage from them. Obviously, vs some other classes summons would also greatly benefit the necro. Vs hdin, suddenly stray hammers are barely a concern and your only vulnerability is going to be getting smited out of your summon stack.

I'm not advocating for allowing all these things, but complaining because you aren't allowed to use bugged skills or ias caps when other classes have over 2/3 of their kit disallowed isn't really fair. These things are disallowed for good reason and limiting sins to old D2 FPA values and disallowing clearly bugged abilities really doesn't seem that unfair to me.

Decrep has been off/on banned for awhile.

LR has never been banned, only frowned upon because it's more just a quick annoyance for one round and then nullified by replacing rings with resist, or small charms.

Life tap won't help your necro

Iron maiden is a troll skill, but feel free to use it vs any decent barb and you'll still lose. - But I agree, unban them, but there will most likely be no practicability to using it in any real duels.

Im not sure you know how summons work, or how trap dmg actually works when you have minions ontop of you - It's in your best favor to not have any (golem included). But that's another conversation for people who understand how summon stacks work when being hit by a trap.

traps do not act differently than in classic LOD - they have a simple AI; they target the closest target to the trap.

I mean this is no rude way so please don't take it this way; but you don't really put in much effort in your duels or play in any fashion that giving handicaps would change the outcome of them. I've dueled you quite a few times now, as well as watched your streams, and you play as if you're not paying attention to anything that's actually going on, you don't take advantage of terrain and you don't capitalize on opportunities to deal dmg.
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 17 2021 03:12pm
Quote (sXTitan @ Nov 17 2021 03:24pm)
thought bos was already banned tbh because of uncapped ias

My response was very clearly written in the theoretical fight where that rule doesn't exist and decrypt was allowed. Which is what the discussion was centered around. Use fade, have curses affect you much less, but lose frw and ias from bos, or use bos, and risk your opponent using decrypt vs you, which could potentially cripple you more than running fade.

Since the sin players want less rules, the only way to keep things balanced is by also giving other classes relaxed rules, and the example I used was allowing decryptify, as a response to ysobm claiming that decrypt is allowed

This isn't really offensive, I haven't touched the game in 15 years prior to D2R, I'm not going to be on par with people who have been playing it the entire time. I never once claimed to be good or even decent since returning, and to say I am rusty is an understatement.

Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 04:12pm)
Im not sure you know how summons work, or how trap dmg actually works when you have minions ontop of you - It's in your best favor to not have any (golem included). But that's another conversation for people who understand how summon stacks work when being hit by a trap.

May be getting lightning(sorc) vs trap mixed up. One of the two did not deal dmg through summons

This post was edited by TheGreatWalk on Nov 17 2021 03:27pm
Gold: 5.69
Warn: 30%
Nov 17 2021 03:18pm
All of the rules should of stayed the same for the first 2-3 months of dueling then after that things should have been changed

Kick is a diff story tho
Gold: 1,780.00
Nov 17 2021 03:24pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ 17 Nov 2021 22:18)
All of the rules should of stayed the same for the first 2-3 months of dueling then after that things should have been changed

Kick is a diff story tho

yeah, well, some ppl dont even have a char yet
eu literally just had the first tourney last week
Gold: 0.00
Nov 17 2021 03:34pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 17 2021 04:18pm)

Kick is a diff story tho

Agree. Despite the 50+ recommendations to rebalance and mitigate every nuance of D2R, we're trying to preserve the current rule set as much as reasonable.

The rule set I started with however is not perfect and even on legacy is fair to interpretation and improvement. There are also differences between region on what is typically allowed, as some have better balance for certain characters/builds. It's good to have open discussion on these questions and to provide context for other players (myself included) as to why rules are as they stand.

This post was edited by Aaronoob on Nov 17 2021 03:35pm
Gold: 63,201.88
Nov 17 2021 03:36pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 06:12pm)
My response was very clearly written in the theoretical fight where that rule doesn't exist and decrypt was allowed. Which is what the discussion was centered around. Use fade, have curses affect you much less, but lose frw and ias from bos, or use bos, and risk your opponent using decrypt vs you, which could potentially cripple you more than running fade.

Since the sin players want less rules, the only way to keep things balanced is by also giving other classes relaxed rules, and the example I used was allowing decryptify, as a response to ysobm claiming that decrypt is allowed

This isn't really offensive, I haven't touched the game in 15 years prior to D2R, I'm not going to be on par with people who have been playing it the entire time. I never once claimed to be good or even decent since returning, and to say I am rusty is an understatement.

May be getting lightning(sorc) vs trap mixed up. One of the two did not deal dmg through summons

when a trap shoots it can't hit you again until it hits another target

but with golem it hits you, hits golem, and hits you again from the same trap shot. meaning you literally take double damage. the same thing happens with blizz, and some other skills you might not expect, so unless you are really aware of it/play around it you should avoid using summons in some matchups(i.e. nec vs trapper, and for sure using golem vs blizz is 200% troll)

that's why it looks like blizz "one shots" trapsins when they have master on top of them for example

Nov 17 2021 03:40pm
Quote (marvel. @ Nov 17 2021 04:36pm)

but with golem it hits you, hits golem, and hits you again from the same trap shot. meaning you literally take double damage. the same thing happens with blizz, and some other skills you might not expect, so unless you are really aware of it/play around it you should avoid using summons in some matchups(i.e. nec vs trapper, and for sure using golem vs blizz is 200% troll)

that's why it looks like blizz "one shots" trapsins when they have master on top of them for example

marvel learning them
Gold: 5.69
Warn: 30%
Nov 17 2021 03:42pm
Tbh i dont know why we changed the rules at all , Blizzard isnt going to fix the game if we adapt to it make new rulesets eventually ban mindblast etc

But if we all streamed and it was trapsins dominating 24/7 maybe they will do something about it ?

This post was edited by TOESHANK on Nov 17 2021 03:44pm
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 17 2021 03:44pm
Quote (marvel. @ Nov 17 2021 04:36pm)

Yea I knew about blizzard, w/ that one it's even weirder. Blizz will hit like 10x in a microsecond if you have the golem on top of you. Guess I need to not use golem vs traps, either, thought it was blocking shots this entire time.
Nov 17 2021 03:47pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 17 2021 04:42pm)
Tbh i dont know why we changed the rules at all , Blizzard isnt going to fix the game if we adapt to it make new rulesets eventually ban mindblast etc

But if we all streamed and it was trapsins dominating 24/7 maybe they will do something about it ?

Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 15 2021 09:40am)
AFter fpking and shit this is what i think

Ban shadow master (Shadow warrior only)
Ban fireblast + any martial arts skills if your using burst of speed sin vs necro
Kick + Dclaw is banned 24/7 until it stops ignoring clawblock and dodge
Fireblast gm if 1 point level 1 fade
Level 1 leap only in team duels (1v1 max leap is fine)

Made very few changes but based on community feedback.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1515253545576Next
Add Reply New Topic