d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2 Arena Sorc Vs Sorc 1v1 Tournament > D2:R
Prev1505152535460Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 73,105.00
Mar 24 2022 08:57am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 24 2022 10:44am)
A blizz sorc build, at all dueling brackets in the game, is naturally more passive, or defensive, then a FB sorc. Its the nature of the build. Does anyone disagree with this view ?
In terms of facets it behooves all players to consider whether their blizz sorc opponent is using mass facets or not. Does anyone disagree with this view ?

The issue as I see it currently is 2-fold. 1, players are expressing dissatisfaction in the topic (normal in competitive play) and 2, there is a real concern that offscreen play will dominate the finals. I have asked the players to dial it down to mitigate (1) and we will get a referee to mitigate (2).

chad was on vita fire, not cold. he used full fire facet build vs gemmd in semi-finals and didn't say anything until explicitly asked.

also with this logic you would also expected him to have aggressed vs my blizz sorc in brackets. this was also not the case as he was running from me the entire time spamming meteors

This post was edited by iceydicey on Mar 24 2022 09:01am
Gold: 8,470.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 24 2022 09:00am
well it will be an interesting finals.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 24 2022 09:01am
Gold: 17,195.00
Mar 24 2022 09:03am
Yeah this is something that I am also curious about.
Ive dueled a blizzer during the tourney that did the same thing.
I just expected it as much from a blizzer not everyone is aggro.
Is this still within the rules?
I personally dont mind defensive play as I think it is a means to winning.
I think this should be clearly defined so we dont have debates like this after the fact.

Okay just reread the comments about it being a fireball sorc.
Still, curious about wether or not being defensive is against the rules even as a fire sorc. Still personally think it is a viable strategy to win a competition.

This post was edited by lylboifrm23 on Mar 24 2022 09:05am
Gold: 65.00
Mar 24 2022 09:07am
I can play the game on Saturday afternoon or Sunday night EST/CST.

Quote (iceydicey @ Mar 24 2022 09:57am)
chad was on vita fire, not cold. he used full fire facet build vs gemmd in semi-finals and didn't say anything until explicitly asked.

also with this logic you would also expected him to have aggressed vs my blizz sorc in brackets. this was also not the case as he was running from me the entire time spamming meteors

Don't say I was running away from you when I was spamming you with FBs from a safe distance. It's a build advantage of FB sorc, so obviously I'm going to use it to my favor.

Only times when I ran away was to break your obvious namelock, and then back to the business of chipping away at you.

Cold sorc has damage advantage vs. fire, so stomping or overly aggressive play get punished easily.

Also, spamming meteors is no different than spamming blizz, so I'm not sure what is your problem with that.

Quote (Gemmd @ Mar 24 2022 09:35am)
the whole point is that hes overly defensive with no skill. i even warned you about this when i first dueled him ^ferdia.
not to mention its a pretty cheap shot changing your build to facets without a heads up in the semi finals
i didnt post my recorded duel in here cuz i just didnt care much to start drama, but not hes priding and ima chime in.

>overly defensive with no skill
>5:0, 5 minute semi-final

pick one

I understand you are still upset, bucko.

This post was edited by Chad_Thundercock on Mar 24 2022 09:15am
Mar 24 2022 09:11am
As I understand it there are 2 schools of thought as to what constitutes "acceptable behavior". Therefore, the oversight of matches by referees is inconsistent. Its not beneficial to discuss this just prior to the finals but I will bring this up again in D2A noting this was something I am and was aware of. On a go-forward (i.e. after this tournament ends) I will draft some wording up (if none provided) to mitigate against similar issues and as guidance for the referee's and players sothat there are no surprises for anyone.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 24 2022 09:13am
Mar 24 2022 09:15am
Quote (Chad_Thundercock @ Mar 24 2022 11:07am)
Don't say I was running away from you when I was spamming you with FBs from a safe distance. It's a build advantage of FB sorc, so obviously I'm going to use it to my favor.

Only times when I ran away to break your obvious namelock, and then back to the business of chipping away at you.

Cold sorc has damage advantage vs. fire, so stomping or overly aggressive play get punished easily.

Also, spamming meteors is no different than spamming blizz, so I'm not sure what is your problem with that.

so wrong it hurts...ask raizen and dantravbaby how defensively they had to play to beat my cold sorc on the svs ladder. if you seriously think that cold sorc is supposed to be the one to aggro vs fire sorc in this matchup i don't know what else to say.

as for meteor, it's invisible 90% of the time because of the change to the workings on cast time/invisi projectiles from LoD. which is different than invisi blizz because there's no delay before it comes down.

Quote (ferdia @ Mar 24 2022 11:11am)
As I understand it there are 2 schools of thought as to what constitutes "acceptable behavior". Therefore, the oversight of matches by referees is inconsistent. Its not beneficial to discuss this just prior to the finals but I will bring this up again in D2A noting this was something I am and was aware of. On a go-forward (i.e. after this tournament ends) I will draft some wording up (if none provided) to mitigate against similar issues and as guidance for the referee's and players sothat there are no surprises for anyone.

so ref or no ref?

This post was edited by iceydicey on Mar 24 2022 09:16am
Mar 24 2022 09:18am
Quote (iceydicey @ Mar 24 2022 10:15am)
so wrong it hurts...ask raizen and dantravbaby how defensively they had to play to beat my cold sorc on the svs ladder. if you seriously think that cold sorc is supposed to be the one to aggro vs fire sorc in this matchup i don't know what else to say.

as for meteor, it's invisible 90% of the time because of the change to the workings on cast time/invisi projectiles from LoD. which is different than invisi blizz because there's no delay before it comes down.

I'm not saying FB has to play defensively to win, learn to read with comprehension. Junior.
Mar 24 2022 09:20am
Quote (Chad_Thundercock @ Mar 24 2022 11:18am)
I'm not saying FB has to play defensively to win, learn to read with comprehension. Junior.

Quote (Chad_Thundercock @ Mar 24 2022 11:07am)

Only times when I ran away to break your obvious namelock, and then back to the business of chipping away at you.

"don't say i was running away from you when i was safely spamming fbs off screen and teleporting away whenever you had namelock"

"i'm not saying FB has to play defensively to win but i will spam fbs off screen and break namelock whenever you have it"

This post was edited by iceydicey on Mar 24 2022 09:23am
Mar 24 2022 09:22am
Quote (iceydicey @ Mar 24 2022 03:15pm)

so ref or no ref?

ref. I would refer to post 510. the nuance to my subsequent post was - next time there will be a blurb for ref's to refer to as to what is expected / how the match would look.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 24 2022 09:24am
Mar 24 2022 09:24am
Quote (iceydicey @ Mar 24 2022 10:20am)
"don't say i was running away from you when i was safely spamming fbs off screen and teleporting away whenever you had namelock"

"i'm not saying FB has to play defensively to win but i will spam fbs and break namelock whenever you have it"

You are not much of a benchmark when it comes to skill or ability to play a sorc, so I'm not surprised Dan & Rich beat you easily while being recklessly aggressive.

I'm going to beat you in a Tal-Rasha set.

This post was edited by Chad_Thundercock on Mar 24 2022 09:25am
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1505152535460Next
Add Reply New Topic