d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1505152535476Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 17 2021 01:43pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 02:17pm)
I think people are underestimating how FHR works in d2r, it is enhanced just like ias and fcr are.

Nothing at all should be banned, and if anything HAS to be, it should simply be kick, but even then, removing a vital skill to a characters arsenal is kind of dumb.

Rather than hinder the siin and add more rules, why don’t we remove/alter some existing ones? Maybe necros can use tgods and a wisp, or 90 res or something of the sort. I know people are already using tgods on Druid when it was never considered gm before, but nobody is complaining about that.

I play my nec at 152 fhr and still get completely locked down vs a sin, especially if they kick or FB. And to do that I have to lose 30 frw which really sucks vs mindblast.

If we're talking about vital skills being removed, necro has 2 whole trees and part of its third it's not allowed to use at all.
Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 17 2021 01:45pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 01:43pm)
I play my nec at 152 fhr and still get completely locked down vs a sin, especially if they kick or FB. And to do that I have to lose 30 frw which really sucks vs mindblast.

If we're talking about vital skills being removed, necro has 2 whole trees and part of its third it's not allowed to use at all.

You can use any curse you want

Skeletons will not benefit you in any way literally at all vs a sin
Gold: 0.00
Nov 17 2021 01:55pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 07:17pm)
I think people are underestimating how FHR works in d2r, it is enhanced just like ias and fcr are.

Nothing at all should be banned, and if anything HAS to be, it should simply be kick, but even then, removing a vital skill to a characters arsenal is kind of dumb.

Rather than hinder the siin and add more rules, why don’t we remove/alter some existing ones? Maybe necros can use tgods and a wisp, or 90 res or something of the sort. I know people are already using tgods on Druid when it was never considered gm before, but nobody is complaining about that.

Tg been gm for awhile on east now
Nov 17 2021 01:56pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 02:45pm)
You can use any curse you want

Decrypt has been banned for 20 years lol. That would certainly help vs sins, as it would force you to actively swap between fade/bos as I land it and combined with a golem slow could leave sins very vulnerable if they find themselves without pre placed traps and both golem slow and decrypt on them. It would also help vs a bunch of other classes, zon, barb. Meanwhile lower res + poison nova would completely change the fight between nec and es sorcs.Iron maiden and life tap are both also banned. Literally every curse that does anything in pvp besides amp is banned, which doesn't benefit necro and only has use in team fights.

Skeles/revives would benefit vs sin, as traps are being weird in targeting and going after summons more often than in classic. In addition, if summon stacked, traps will not hit the necro at all. While I still get mindblasted out of them, just teleing around and landing on a trap stack would not hurt me and the sin would have to actively mindblast me out of traps before I'd take damage from them. Obviously, vs some other classes summons would also greatly benefit the necro. Vs hdin, suddenly stray hammers are barely a concern and your only vulnerability is going to be getting smited out of your summon stack.

I'm not advocating for allowing all these things, but complaining because you aren't allowed to use bugged skills or ias caps when other classes have over 2/3 of their kit disallowed isn't really fair. These things are disallowed for good reason and limiting sins to old D2 FPA values and disallowing clearly bugged abilities really doesn't seem that unfair to me.

This post was edited by TheGreatWalk on Nov 17 2021 01:59pm
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 17 2021 01:59pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 02:43pm)

Do you feel the same in regards to dragon claw? I find necros can escape dclaw but not talon. I'm fine getting rid of talon
Gold: 31,184.69
Nov 17 2021 02:09pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 11:56am)
Decrypt has been banned for 20 years lol. That would certainly help vs sins, as it would force you to actively swap between fade/bos as I land it and combined with a golem slow could leave sins very vulnerable if they find themselves without pre placed traps and both golem slow and decrypt on them. It would also help vs a bunch of other classes, zon, barb. Meanwhile lower res + poison nova would completely change the fight between nec and es sorcs.Iron maiden and life tap are both also banned. Literally every curse that does anything in pvp besides amp is banned, which doesn't benefit necro and only has use in team fights.

Skeles/revives would benefit vs sin, as traps are being weird in targeting and going after summons more often than in classic. In addition, if summon stacked, traps will not hit the necro at all. While I still get mindblasted out of them, just teleing around and landing on a trap stack would not hurt me and the sin would have to actively mindblast me out of traps before I'd take damage from them. Obviously, vs some other classes summons would also greatly benefit the necro. Vs hdin, suddenly stray hammers are barely a concern and your only vulnerability is going to be getting smited out of your summon stack.

I'm not advocating for allowing all these things, but complaining because you aren't allowed to use bugged skills or ias caps when other classes have over 2/3 of their kit disallowed isn't really fair. These things are disallowed for good reason and limiting sins to old D2 FPA values and disallowing clearly bugged abilities really doesn't seem that unfair to me.

man the way most of y'all amp go ahead and try decreping a good sin lmao.. fade will get rid of it in seconds anyway so i don't see your point
Gold: 1.50
Warn: 80%
Nov 17 2021 02:16pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 01:56pm)

Good luck. If the sin uses fade the sin won't notice it. If the sin uses bos. He won't notice it.
Nov 17 2021 02:19pm
Quote (sXTitan @ Nov 17 2021 03:09pm)
fade will get rid of it in seconds anyway so i don't see your point

Them having to use fade to get rid of it at all instead of needing that in the rules would already accomplish the point. The whole discussion started because the sins felt fade handicapped them too much in the fight due to golem slow + having a hard time dodging spears. So forcing them into fade to get rid of decrypt is already an opportunity the necro has created to get a hit or two in, even more so if the trapper teleported out of range and destroyed their traps. A few seconds of not being able to lay traps is a few seconds for the nec to turn and go on offense.
Gold: 31,184.69
Nov 17 2021 02:24pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 12:19pm)
Them having to use fade to get rid of it at all instead of needing that in the rules would already accomplish the point. The whole discussion started because the sins felt fade handicapped them too much in the fight due to golem slow + having a hard time dodging spears. So forcing them into fade to get rid of decrypt is already an opportunity the necro has created to get a hit or two in, even more so if the trapper teleported out of range and destroyed their traps. A few seconds of not being able to lay traps is a few seconds for the nec to turn and go on offense.

thought bos was already banned tbh because of uncapped ias
Gold: 1.50
Warn: 80%
Nov 17 2021 02:26pm
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 17 2021 02:19pm)

Fade has no effect after the curse is applied. Only if you have it on while you get cursed.

This post was edited by Mole on Nov 17 2021 02:26pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1505152535476Next
Add Reply New Topic