d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1495051525376Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 17 2021 12:23pm
Quote (loftyEs @ Nov 17 2021 01:20pm)
I mean yeah. On one hand, I get it as someone who loves playing sin. On the other, sins are currently positioned to be the strongest class even with the temporary rules against bos and martial skills.

The argument for BOS vs Necro is getting hit with clay golem puts your trap speed to about 1 trap per second while using fade. You essentially have to l8z with a sin if you get clipped until slow is gone. Thanks and I appreciate the debate/making this fair.
Gold: 9,222.82
Nov 17 2021 12:24pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 17 2021 11:23am)
The argument for BOS vs Necro is getting hit with clay golem puts your trap speed to about 1 trap per second while using fade. You essentially have to l8z with a sin if you get clipped until slow is gone. Thanks and I appreciate the debate/making this fair.

strong point
Gold: 0.69
Nov 17 2021 12:27pm
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 17 2021 01:23pm)
Vita should be defined at base dex and under 35% Block IMO. For reference, a budget Necro with Hoto + Maras + Raven Frost hits 19% block with base dex. In the last FPK tournament on D2GA, I believe up to 35% block was allowed. This seems to be a fair number IMO.

As for Jess' rule suggestions, I think they make a lot of sense. Hard to TvN without bos. The moment you get golem slowed (without bos), would have to run away for 15 secs to wait out the slow. This only prolongs the duel unnecessarily. My thoughts are should not ban BOS nor Martial arts, but if you ABSOLUTELY had to limit the options then should be one of the either (up to player to decide):
1) Allow martial arts and fireblast while fade is on
2) Allow BOS, but no martial arts or fireblast

6 fpa trap laying speed should never be allowed. Do you understand how broken that is? I'm sorry but allowing BOS even with no martial or fireblast is still incredibly broken right now.
It's not that hard to TvN without BOS when necros don't have wsg. Especially because if you build your sin correctly right now you can attain 8FPA lay speed with fade (1 fpa faster than legacy d2). That means utilizing a swirl - > wof - > ls - > stomp FB is extremely effective if one upkeeps shadow while doing it, and from the tournament yesterday, wherein the sin won the matchup they didn't even employ optimal strategy or execution to win (referencing jess vs walk).
/e 8 fpa lay speed also equates to 8 fpa fire blasts

This post was edited by loftyEs on Nov 17 2021 12:29pm
Gold: 5,627.00
Nov 17 2021 12:31pm
Quote (loftyEs @ Nov 17 2021 12:27pm)
6 fpa trap laying speed should never be allowed. Do you understand how broken that is? I'm sorry but allowing BOS even with no martial or fireblast is still incredibly broken right now.
It's not that hard to TvN without BOS when necros don't have wsg. Especially because if you build your sin correctly right now you can attain 8FPA lay speed with fade (1 fpa faster than legacy d2). That means utilizing a swirl - > wof - > ls - > stomp FB is extremely effective if one upkeeps shadow while doing it, and from the tournament yesterday, wherein the sin won the matchup they didn't even employ optimal strategy or execution to win (referencing jess vs walk).

Not to downplay Jess, but Walk dueled in a matter that was not considered to be "priding". If he had opted to play the l8z c/t tele from 1 side of map to the other while l8zing ibs and also have life repping with hoto+dungos, it may have been a different outcome. Sin should be able to chase necro and walk traps.
Gold: 0.69
Nov 17 2021 12:34pm
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 17 2021 01:31pm)
Not to downplay Jess, but Walk dueled in a matter that was not considered to be "priding". If he had opted to play the l8z c/t tele from 1 side of map to the other while l8zing ibs and also have life repping with hoto+dungos, it may have been a different outcome. Sin should be able to chase necro and walk traps.

you've completely ignored everything I've said in my post. Sin does not need to be able to walk spears in the current state of the game to have a massive advantage in the matchup.
Gold: 1.50
Warn: 80%
Nov 17 2021 12:56pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (loftyEs @ Nov 17 2021 11:45am)
Lol. Yeah cause we want 6 fpa trap laying vs necro's and that's balance. I swear to god some of you don't even spend 5 seconds to think about what you're suggesting.

Honestly if everything was the same as legacy and sins got the 6fpa trap. NvT would be pretty cool.

Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 17 2021 12:31pm)

You suck get over it retard.

This post was edited by Mole on Nov 17 2021 12:57pm
Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 17 2021 01:17pm
I think people are underestimating how FHR works in d2r, it is enhanced just like ias and fcr are.

Nothing at all should be banned, and if anything HAS to be, it should simply be kick, but even then, removing a vital skill to a characters arsenal is kind of dumb.

Rather than hinder the siin and add more rules, why don’t we remove/alter some existing ones? Maybe necros can use tgods and a wisp, or 90 res or something of the sort. I know people are already using tgods on Druid when it was never considered gm before, but nobody is complaining about that.
Gold: 5.69
Warn: 30%
Nov 17 2021 01:25pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 02:17pm)
I think people are underestimating how FHR works in d2r, it is enhanced just like ias and fcr are.

Nothing at all should be banned, and if anything HAS to be, it should simply be kick, but even then, removing a vital skill to a characters arsenal is kind of dumb.

Rather than hinder the siin and add more rules, why don’t we remove/alter some existing ones? Maybe necros can use tgods and a wisp, or 90 res or something of the sort. I know people are already using tgods on Druid when it was never considered gm before, but nobody is complaining about that.

Actually agree with you for once
Gold: 0.00
Nov 17 2021 01:27pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 17 2021 02:17pm)

good post
Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 17 2021 01:41pm
Quote (Kapoo @ Nov 17 2021 01:27pm)
good post

Reformed poster here :blush:
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1495051525376Next
Add Reply New Topic