d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > East N-l Gm Ww Barbvsbarb > By Besh
Prev13393403413423433423Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 900.00
Jul 26 2009 05:25pm
Quote (TheFacku @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 07:22pm)
why would it be bm? its rather restricting actually being as you have to sacrifice a 3/20/20 spot to have a 3/20/cold sc used.

Well then, use a 20 life cold dmg sc instead (I use one sometimes)!
But anyways, it's because supposedly alot of people complain about it (saying It slows u down etc.). I wanna see the majority's opinion..

But the part that's ticking me is the fact ravens have cold dmg..duress has cold dmg..etc.
It's too much of a hassle

Anyways thx for your opinion, looking for more.

This post was edited by BeSh on Jul 26 2009 05:38pm
Gold: 483.94
Jul 26 2009 05:46pm
Even though I removed myself from ladder I'll chime in.

Cold is perfectly okay with me. I don't feel it is BM whatsoever.
If you want to sacrifice mass AR with a dual raven/highlords setup, go ahead. Same goes for Duress or a cold sc. It's a tradeoff. You gain cold dmg, but lose in other areas.

I just see the ability to use cold as another way to diversify BvB. Too many restrictions and we are one step closer to being the same barbs.
Gold: 9,550.00
Jul 26 2009 05:49pm
Quote (BeSh @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 05:25pm)
But anyways, it's because supposedly alot of people complain about it (saying It slows u down etc.). I wanna see the majority's opinion..

But the part that's ticking me is the fact ravens have cold dmg..duress has cold dmg..etc.

The main issue is that Wirlwind is very glitchy, and does desync from time to time...
The effect of a cold dmg sc, or any cold dmg item in ww is simple: It slows down wirlwind speed.
However this can work out to be both an advantage/disadvantage...

But, a good point was made here... A ravenfrost has cold dmg.. Though not many barbs would choose to use this item, it is still used by some, which would make it almost impossible to avoid...
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2009 05:49pm
Quote (BeSh @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 07:25pm)

It's been awhile since I last dueled...as many know, but the advantage to using a cold dmg SC seems pretty biased, IMO.

When I was active on this ladder there weren't many people using cold dmg/life or max/ar/cold dmg SCs so I didn't really think much about it. But, the benefits to using a cold damage SC seems to be pretty advantageous.

I don't see many 2x ravens + highlords builds....not sure if such build would be effective vs a well built angelics barb using cold....

Besh, maybe a new rule(s) should be in place in regards to using cold dmg charms? Dunno what exactly though.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:
Quote (Potect_Ya_Neck @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 07:46pm)
Even though I removed myself from ladder I'll chime in.

Cold is perfectly okay with me. I don't feel it is BM whatsoever.
If you want to sacrifice mass AR with a dual raven/highlords setup, go ahead. Same goes for Duress or a cold sc. It's a tradeoff. You gain cold dmg, but lose in other areas.

I just see the ability to use cold as another way to diversify BvB. Too many restrictions and we are one step closer to being the same barbs.

I COMPLETELY agree with this statement, but what if the benefits of using cold dmg SC is so good that EVERYONE starts using it? :D - catch22 kinda deal I think.

This post was edited by TradeRelations on Jul 26 2009 05:54pm
Gold: 21.60
Jul 26 2009 05:51pm
Well i ofc use a cold sc cause i feel i get bigger hits when i have it on. Maybe I'm crazy maybe i'm not.
As for cold movement. I dont think the cold lasts long enough to be a huge issue.

This post was edited by Neopwnage on Jul 26 2009 05:52pm
Jul 26 2009 06:00pm
Quote (Neopwnage @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 05:51pm)
Well i ofc use a cold sc cause i feel i get bigger hits when i have it on. Maybe I'm crazy maybe i'm not.
As for cold movement. I dont think the cold lasts long enough to be a huge issue.

That depends on how you guys duel... If its straight through eachother, where you end up on opposite sides, it doesnt make a difference, no...
However if you like to sync youre wirlwind, and wirlwind with an opponent, it can make a difference.

There is no proof/evidance that cold dmg slows youre IAS while in wirlwind, therefor you still hit the same ammount of frame checks while wirlwinding with a frozen effect.
And because of this, i have a max/ar/cold sc, however when i am dueling a barb who uses cold, i prefer to not use mine. :X I find i hit more, or possibly becuase my wirlwind is slowed briefly, my wirlwind ends later, and i simply get off more hits?

Edit: On a side note, where the hell is this reset? :X

This post was edited by Hepzibah on Jul 26 2009 06:02pm
Jul 26 2009 06:06pm
bvb/1 is up.
Jul 26 2009 06:10pm
heres my opinion:

the only types of barbs that get destroyed by cold sc are those slow ones without increased speed and without natural resists
my enigma bvb was not effected by the cold one bit, in fact i seemed to hit more during the short period of time when i was frozen
and i gotta say my current barb isnt effected by cold either
if you dont like cold, then add a point into those 2 skills and you'll be fine, theres no reason to complain about it
besides, cold users sacrifice ar, dmg, or life
Jul 26 2009 06:13pm
Quote (Hepzibah @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 06:00pm)
That depends on how you guys duel... If its straight through eachother, where you end up on opposite sides, it doesnt make a difference, no...
However if you like to sync youre wirlwind, and wirlwind with an opponent, it can make a difference.

There is no proof/evidance that cold dmg slows youre IAS while in wirlwind, therefor you still hit the same ammount of frame checks while wirlwinding with a frozen effect.
And because of this, i have a max/ar/cold sc, however when i am dueling a barb who uses cold, i prefer to not use mine. :X I find i hit more, or possibly becuase my wirlwind is slowed briefly, my wirlwind ends later, and i simply get off more hits?

Edit: On a side note, where the hell is this reset? :X

Okay, this will be my last post in here for the time being, hopefully until reset. :D But I owe it to Ladder barbs to keep these rules as consistant as possible...

Perhaps we could ban the use of elemental dmg Via Charms.

Poison is already excluded, Cold possibly should suffer the same fate?

Cold/poison/fire/lightning is now permitted only through the use of items? This might make for more people choosing a Ravens/Hl/edc build perhaps.. As it will be one of the few builds who deal with, and are immune to the cold effects?

I think this is pretty fair... Iso opinions, and a decision! Thank you, lady's and gent's.
Jul 26 2009 06:15pm
Quote (Hepzibah @ Sun, Jul 26 2009, 07:13pm)
Okay, this will be my last post in here for the time being, hopefully until reset. :D But I owe it to Ladder barbs to keep these rules as consistant as possible...

Perhaps we could ban the use of elemental dmg Via Charms.

Poison is already excluded, Cold possibly should suffer the same fate?

Cold/poison/fire/lightning is now permitted only through the use of items? This might make for more people choosing a Ravens/Hl/edc build perhaps.. As it will be one of the few builds who deal with, and are immune to the cold effects?

I think this is pretty fair... Iso opinions, and a decision! Thank you, lady's and gent's.

poison is never permitted, but there is nothing wrong with other elemental dmges. i guess if banning cold, might as well ban fire and lightning, as well as grief, etc
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev13393403413423433423Next
Add Reply New Topic