d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Americas Nonladder Svs Dueling Ladder > D2:R
Prev1301302303304305494Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 4,440.50
Sep 26 2023 03:20pm
Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 02:06pm)
I don't think anyone will go for this, but tell me thoughts on the following idea:

Standardized SVS Duels

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/g3017ojr

This would be the build.

The concept here is... gear is no longer an obstacle! Everyone would play this build. This is 105 FCR, 75% Fire Res (no real reason except to remove Aldur's variance lol, easier to make sure we all hit 75% for cheap), Aldur's itself is for 40% FRW quality of life.

This set has no life replenish, and no magic damage reduction (200 FCR without Viper or Spirit wasn't happening). You use your Vitality to adjust your Life to 300 or 299.

The duels are Teleport and Fire Bolt only, which ensures nobody runs out of mana. Every duel, with this build, lasts 5-6 hits. (Mostly 6 hits, but 5 hits if you roll high end almost always. I played around with the skills and gear a bit to try to mitigate this, and this was what I came up with. I didn't go ALL OUT on this, but messed around enough for the time being, lol. This is a pretty good setup for minimizing RNG variance in regards to hits players can take.)

The REASON I thought of this is...
I'm always sitting here trying to create new and different builds for SVS. Although I also simply have fun doing this, another reason I do this is because I view "the opponent" as some Obsession-wielding 4.8k Life 27k damage FB'er. I simply cannot go toe-to-toe with that. So, logically and strategically speaking, I have to come at that from a different angle. And so, I try to create builds that might catch people offguard, or builds that might let me slip in an HP advantage before being able to slug it out and win.

When I try to create a resist-pierce build, Richboi Obsession Builds can easily overcap just fine, losing hardly anything in the process, and vastly overpowering whatever resist-pierce stuff you're wearing. When I try to come at people with different abilities like Blaze and Fire Wall, it's considered BM. When I think of Lightning Sorcs, I just think, "Lesser FB Sorc." And when I think of Bliz, I think... well, I kinda think they may be the best SVS Sorc, except for one big issue they have is that they lose A LOT when they gear swap for different matchups, and that sucks.

People got mad at me for the Blaze Fire Wall build because it wasn't what they wanted from SVS, which is (for them) to battle it out with FB skills & technique. Which is fair enough of a perspective. (For me, SVS is all about the fairest PVP class in D2 playing against each other, not worrying about Zons, Trap Sins, Pallies... Lmao.)

But with consideration towards what people say they want SVS to be about, I thought of this idea here. This way, it really WOULD be about skill entirely. Player A with average gear and 3k HP wouldn't have to go against Player B with almost 5k HP. (Imagine being about 66% behind the opponent by default, right out of the gate.) Both players would have this equipment set, TOTALLY accessible by almost everyone, and anyone that couldn't get this stuff would surely be gifted a set by other players. Everyone could participate, on equal footing. Nobody lording over other people because they're level 99 and have full 45 lifers and perfect Whale affixes.

I know the snap-reaction is "no this is a dumb idea," but think it over. Try to envision it.

Just a thought.

Cheers!

There's already been talks of a tal sorc tourney.

This post was edited by mxracer89 on Sep 26 2023 03:21pm
Gold: 305.00
Sep 26 2023 03:33pm
Quote (mxracer89 @ Sep 26 2023 04:20pm)
There's already been talks of a tal sorc tourney.

Interesting!

Still, my idea goes "all the way" with the idea of having everyone's characters on equal footing. But I'm interested to hear more about this Tal Sorc tourny, too.
Gold: 5,262.27
Sep 26 2023 05:22pm
Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 05:33pm)
Interesting!

Still, my idea goes "all the way" with the idea of having everyone's characters on equal footing. But I'm interested to hear more about this Tal Sorc tourny, too.

I am planning to put this together. Was planning to have normal rules in place (any element type and normal stack res/max res rules). Making it open to all, not just those on ladder or top of ladder. Full tals set is a requirement.

This post was edited by Lpc on Sep 26 2023 05:22pm
Gold: 0.69
Sep 26 2023 05:30pm
Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 05:06pm)
I don't think anyone will go for this, but tell me thoughts on the following idea:

Standardized SVS Duels

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/g3017ojr

This would be the build.

The concept here is... gear is no longer an obstacle! Everyone would play this build. This is 105 FCR, 75% Fire Res (no real reason except to remove Aldur's variance lol, easier to make sure we all hit 75% for cheap), Aldur's itself is for 40% FRW quality of life.

This set has no life replenish, and no magic damage reduction (200 FCR without Viper or Spirit wasn't happening). You use your Vitality to adjust your Life to 300 or 299.

The duels are Teleport and Fire Bolt only, which ensures nobody runs out of mana. Every duel, with this build, lasts 5-6 hits. (Mostly 6 hits, but 5 hits if you roll high end almost always. I played around with the skills and gear a bit to try to mitigate this, and this was what I came up with. I didn't go ALL OUT on this, but messed around enough for the time being, lol. This is a pretty good setup for minimizing RNG variance in regards to hits players can take.)

The REASON I thought of this is...
I'm always sitting here trying to create new and different builds for SVS. Although I also simply have fun doing this, another reason I do this is because I view "the opponent" as some Obsession-wielding 4.8k Life 27k damage FB'er. I simply cannot go toe-to-toe with that. So, logically and strategically speaking, I have to come at that from a different angle. And so, I try to create builds that might catch people offguard, or builds that might let me slip in an HP advantage before being able to slug it out and win.

When I try to create a resist-pierce build, Richboi Obsession Builds can easily overcap just fine, losing hardly anything in the process, and vastly overpowering whatever resist-pierce stuff you're wearing. When I try to come at people with different abilities like Blaze and Fire Wall, it's considered BM. When I think of Lightning Sorcs, I just think, "Lesser FB Sorc." And when I think of Bliz, I think... well, I kinda think they may be the best SVS Sorc, except for one big issue they have is that they lose A LOT when they gear swap for different matchups, and that sucks.

People got mad at me for the Blaze Fire Wall build because it wasn't what they wanted from SVS, which is (for them) to battle it out with FB skills & technique. Which is fair enough of a perspective. (For me, SVS is all about the fairest PVP class in D2 playing against each other, not worrying about Zons, Trap Sins, Pallies... Lmao.)

But with consideration towards what people say they want SVS to be about, I thought of this idea here. This way, it really WOULD be about skill entirely. Player A with average gear and 3k HP wouldn't have to go against Player B with almost 5k HP. (Imagine being about 66% behind the opponent by default, right out of the gate.) Both players would have this equipment set, TOTALLY accessible by almost everyone, and anyone that couldn't get this stuff would surely be gifted a set by other players. Everyone could participate, on equal footing. Nobody lording over other people because they're level 99 and have full 45 lifers and perfect Whale affixes.

I know the snap-reaction is "no this is a dumb idea," but think it over. Try to envision it.

Just a thought.

Cheers!

4.8k life 27k dmg?

105?

Ik most ppl play 105 rn so maybe that what u meant but theres no way on earth any1 reach 4.8k and 27k dmg on 200

Even for 105 that seems high af for me?
Sep 26 2023 05:47pm
Quote (babine123 @ Sep 26 2023 06:30pm)
4.8k life 27k dmg?

105?

Ik most ppl play 105 rn so maybe that what u meant but theres no way on earth any1 reach 4.8k and 27k dmg on 200

Even for 105 that seems high af for me?

Yeah, that's what Obsession can get at high character level and high life affixes on gear.

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/q9010ogb

Sorry, FB is 24-26k.

That's why I'm continuously running my face into a brick wall when I try to beat Obsessions. Like... I have to outskill my opponent by like +70%. And that's even harder to do than it already sounds due to this game's nature of typical 1-for-1 hit exchanges.

I dunno dude. Ughhh, SVS is kinda losin' it for me. Oh well, I guess. Just talking out loud.
Gold: 20,611.55
Sep 26 2023 06:04pm
Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 07:47pm)
Yeah, that's what Obsession can get at high character level and high life affixes on gear.

Sorry, FB is 24-26k.

That's why I'm continuously running my face into a brick wall when I try to beat Obsessions. Like... I have to outskill my opponent by like +70%. And that's even harder to do than it already sounds due to this game's nature of typical 1-for-1 hit exchanges.

I dunno dude. Ughhh, SVS is kinda losin' it for me. Oh well, I guess. Just talking out loud.

Im sure the market will have alot of obessions available after ladder reset. Get a 2/3 or 3/2 dont need a perf item to win. I use a 3/2 lightning on my fber ><. Hang in there man svs is great.
Gold: 5,255.00
Sep 26 2023 08:12pm
Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 04:06pm)

Just a thought.

Cheers!

interested, we've had a ladder in the past for only light and fire + ultra agro b4. you could def make ur own ladder and see if it catches on.
we have also ahd a tals ladder in the past, which was very fun. id almost perfer the tals ladder to what ur saying tho. its cheap and keeps every1 pretty even.

but i will say ive seen tommy on a tals sorc and wipe out a whole ladder of 4k life 200fcr sorcs :rofl:

Quote (4thBro @ Sep 26 2023 06:47pm)

Sorry, FB is 24-26k.

and yea thats 105 for sure. 200 cant get that high ^^
i have a 2/3 im letting brand use if ur interested in 1. also got a 3/3 25/68 on ladder that might b up for trade
Gold: 3,563.34
Sep 27 2023 07:29am
Quote (Gemmd @ Sep 26 2023 01:18pm)
^lemonss & ^Efficacious ur challenge did not count cuz 4thbro won vs effi first

Welcome back Gemmd! I literally woke up feeling better finally today! So i was about to rechallenge one of these guys anyway, whats going on with this though? From the convo im guess 4thbros infinity set up was outside the bounds? Since I woke up like not feeling bad today I was planning to just challenge whoever is 2 above me unless its Lemons cause todo that would need to wait till tomorrow I believe.

Also, if noone above me on the the ladder is taking that 6th tourney spot I could be active now but I am pretty far down the list :lol:
Sep 27 2023 12:00pm
Quote (Efficacious @ Sep 27 2023 08:29am)
Welcome back Gemmd! I literally woke up feeling better finally today! So i was about to rechallenge one of these guys anyway, whats going on with this though? From the convo im guess 4thbros infinity set up was outside the bounds? Since I woke up like not feeling bad today I was planning to just challenge whoever is 2 above me unless its Lemons cause todo that would need to wait till tomorrow I believe.

Also, if noone above me on the the ladder is taking that 6th tourney spot I could be active now but I am pretty far down the list :lol:

Blaze Wall in general. Funny enough, you're one of the only ones that faced the Infinity version of it. I did drop it after our duels, since we exposed its weakness. Went back to my normal Blaze Wall build, and I got more complaints, so I had to drop it entirely.

Currently, I'm trying a 142fhr Blaze FB build. I think I need to play it better, but overall I don't think it's comparable to just running Obsession, which is the problem I'm having with SVS at the moment lol. But it's whatever... It is what it is.

Glad you're feeling better - I hope that stays that way. We'll have to catch up on some prac duels soon >:)
Gold: 2,703.00
Sep 27 2023 02:57pm
I built my sorc for nostalgia, and the ladder is there to apply it in practice. Diablo has a great open interaction on how we enjoy "the game"

People love to trade, acquire, and play dress up. Wallet warrior is actually something that I would define as really difficult in SvS (the ceiling for cost is quite low). So it seems way more accessible, than let's say.. GM Melee (which I also play).

There is a thought on banning an easily accessible high tier item that promotes build diversity and power spikes (think Grief in gm Melee). Maybe we hold a tour with no obsession. On that same thought, I'm totally down for Tal duels!

I think whacky builds are fun for the user, less so for the opponent. Where it feels like you're on a timer and that it's not really a game of skill anymore. (Albeit strategy and skill are 2 different metrics, and could be argued for years on the "rules of engagement". I don't think we need the Geneva convention to happen in the SVS world, though.

Just my 2idle thoughts 💭
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1301302303304305494Next
Add Reply New Topic