d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1242526272876Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 04:16pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Nov 10 2021 05:12pm)
yeah, it feels like there are new bugs discovered every day.
have a couple more I can add to the list lolol.
today I just discovered that some fcr bps may be different >.> lets see what we discover tomorrow.

I'd rather see people fight against the imba and see what happens.

as someone that's played BoS based kicksin as a primary character for 15+ years, I'm enjoying them being super saiyan right now and becoming more the meta instead of a niche.
so it makes me sad that the community response is to ban these skills.
maybe I am a bit biased, but Im also very excited to see how other classes adapt all the changes to their builds, bowazons and others.
I also do feel like we have all been in stockholm syndrome with whats "ok" in d2 in terms of balance, just because we've learned to accept things for over a decade.

imho trying to keep d2r as close to d2lod as possible is gonna be a losing battle in the end.
blizz may or may not patch things, but more differences will be missed, and the game is very different no matter what you do.
imho we should be embracing all the new instead of trying to fight against it.
but I know that is a somewhat polarizing opinion.

I'll give it some more thought.
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 10 2021 04:23pm
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 05:06pm)
ill just put it this way

i was destroying zeal pallys using 1 point dtalon 1 point venom on my trap sin in pub games

mind blast+dtalon and they are roasted

I find this absolutely true for pubs. However when I use fade, good players that hit breakpoints are able to escape dragon claw rather routinely

Kind of liked the EU rules for assassin:
Assassin Specific Rules:
- Dual Claw Assassins cannot abs of any kind.
- Burst of speed is banned in claw/claw unless it's Trap vs Necro
- In Trap vs Necro fireblast banned (Kick only)
- Level 1 fireblast only
- Wake of fire banned

This post was edited by necessaryjpgs on Nov 10 2021 04:26pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 04:25pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 10 2021 05:23pm)
I find this absolutely true for pubs. However when I use fade, good players that hit breakpoints are able to escape dragon claw rather routinely

no offense but its a completely different story for a tier2+ sin doing the same thing
Gold: 250,521.33
Warn: 10%
Nov 10 2021 04:25pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 10 2021 10:31am)
Life rep is cap'd at 40 for a reason

All your builds should hit 35-40 REP ,

Go play on west they use like 120 rep

It's capped at 40 on West also ..

Let's duel in nightmare it's so much nicer :wub:
Gold: 1,592.53
Nov 10 2021 04:35pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 10 2021 05:16pm)
It’s for the sake of quality and diversity in competitive duels.

At the current state that sins are at, and the desire to win a duel/tournament, you will only see 10 kick sins sign up, it removes any diversity.

Atleast with them banned you may see druids, necs, sins, Smiters sign up, and while some have advantages over others there lays room for winning even with disadvantages. A typical necro may have a 20% chance to beat the Druid, but atleast there’s a chance.

When a 100% pure trapper can use 1 point Talon and kick a smiter down and win the trade it removes balance… we aren’t even talking about a kicksin, we are talking about a pure trapper with 1 point into talon, imagine how broken a real kicker will be in these instances who can use sorb, dr, chant, oak, and do 10x the dmg per kick than the trapper who already has a 90/10 win rate vs any class.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the skills, it’s not a debate on that. It’s comparable to if paladins randomly had 40k dog with 1 point in it and 1 shot everyone through accidental coding in the game. We know it’s not meant to be that way.

when I look at other games with character bans or nerfs. it's like, because there was a major tournament where 6/8 top players in top 8 were playing the same character.

sure tvt is a lame mirror to watch in finals.
but was the entire bracket dominated by trappers in a metaknight fashion?
or just 2 good players making it to the finals?

I'm just against the kneejerk reaction to ban right away.
because all the mechanics being discovered are so new to many players.

people will jump on trends, so if ias is broken and people think sins are imba, they will jump on sins to try. but will they stick and will it kill character diversity? I'm not so sure.

Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 10 2021 04:38pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Nov 10 2021 04:35pm)
when I look at other games with character bans or nerfs. it's like, because there was a major tournament where 6/8 top players in top 8 were playing the same character.

sure tvt is a lame mirror to watch in finals.
but was the entire bracket dominated by trappers in a metaknight fashion?
or just 2 good players making it to the finals?

I'm just against the kneejerk reaction to ban right away.
because all the mechanics being discovered are so new to many players.

people will jump on trends, so if ias is broken and people think sins are imba, they will jump on sins to try. but will they stick and will it kill character diversity? I'm not so sure.

I mean Bui won a tournament on the sin and he's legitimately one of the worst duelers I've ever seen whos played the game for 20 years without a break.

not even trying to flame, but notice entire time through LOD over the course of TWENTY YEARS Bui never even made it to finals once on any sin?

If you review Jess' stream even, he did not even do 1/5 life to ANY contestant using traps, 99% of all of his dmg in every single round was him getting a kick off and 100-0'ing them with 1 point into talon.

This post was edited by yostraydog on Nov 10 2021 04:38pm
Gold: 1,193.01
Nov 10 2021 04:39pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 11 2021 04:02am)
I don't agree that people would run around for hours relying on 12 life rep. I would think it is worth testing instead of making the assumption.

lol
Gold: 1,592.53
Nov 10 2021 04:54pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 10 2021 05:38pm)
I mean Bui won a tournament on the sin and he's legitimately one of the worst duelers I've ever seen whos played the game for 20 years without a break.

not even trying to flame, but notice entire time through LOD Bui never even made it to finals once on any sin?

If you review Jess' stream even, he did not even do 1/5 life to ANY contestant using traps, 99% of all of his dmg in every single round was him getting a kick off and 100-0'ing them with 1 point into talon.

eh, seen bui top a bunch of east tournaments this past year >.>
I know he get a lot of shit, but I wasn't too surprised tbh
wasn't he the only sin in top8 (maybe there was one more) during the tournament he won?

I didn't catch most of jess' stream,
but I believe it tho, dtalon is super powered right now and if someone is stuck its a great way to finish them off.

but again, imho, it's not a reason for a ban right away.
everything is still new right now.
we've become accustomed to the high threats in d2 from years of playing, we accept the old imba.

be careful in setting a precedent with bans right away imho.
I know you guys have the best intentions and want d2r to be competitive in tournament.
much love to you guys, just leaving my somewhat polarizing opinion here that I think there should be this wild west period in d2r. until we have a much better idea of what is new, let it rock.
imho.
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 10 2021 04:55pm
Quote (M0NRCH @ Nov 10 2021 05:39pm)
lol

people are pissing in bottles to rep life
Gold: 255.00
Nov 10 2021 05:03pm
Quote (D2rfailed @ 10 Nov 2021 10:27)

Wait a second.. I thought Stab wasn't you?

So you DID die to Quilliam that one time LMAO

What a fat fucking retard you are Rick.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1242526272876Next
Add Reply New Topic