d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1232425262776Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 02:13pm
Quote (Kapoo @ Nov 10 2021 02:11pm)
Finally a good suggestion.

Also ban piss jugs, bottles only allowed

Are potted plants ok?
Gold: 26,512.51
Nov 10 2021 02:54pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 10 2021 01:33pm)
Nothing should change from what’s inside my profile with the exception of a few things

1.) druids can use tgods
2.) martial arts skills banned until further notice
3.)til sin ias is fixed, I don’t mind if BOS is banned on Cc sins

Everything else should remain as it’s been for 15 years

Max res would be okay on low % es. I would suggest

Sorceress Specific Rules:
- No max resist or absorb gear when using Energy Shield (Exception: Nightwing's Veil)
- All damage reduced by integer (MDR + PDR) is capped at 20 (ES only)
- May not refill mana pots from the pool mid-duel if using ES
- Energy shield sorcs >80% may not use mana potions
Gold: 1,592.53
Nov 10 2021 03:53pm
Quote (yostraydog @ Nov 10 2021 02:33pm)
Nothing should change from what’s inside my profile with the exception of a few things

1.) druids can use tgods
2.) martial arts skills banned until further notice
3.)til sin ias is fixed, I don’t mind if BOS is banned on Cc sins

Everything else should remain as it’s been for 15 years

as someone who's loved BoS sins and MA sins for a long while with increased movement speed and other stuff BoS allows, this makes me sad.
it is true they got a huge buff.

things are different, but imho this is the visible tip of the iceberg.
whats next? ban zons and smiters abusing the ias thing? not allow firewall or whatever other skill has a buff from lod?

I mean do as you guys want in your leagues/tournaments, but this makes me sad if this becomes the standard norm you guys are setting.

I'd rather see the meta settle naturally and see where d2r is at then.
we kinda accepted every imba thing in d2 for the last 15 years as a matter of fact.

d2r is gonna be different no matter what we do. so many mechanic changes all over the place.
I'd rather embrace the new and all the imba than see kneejerk bans whenever something strong is found.

d2 is fun because of the imba, not in spite of it.
just my opinion.
Nov 10 2021 04:01pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Nov 10 2021 04:53pm)
as someone who's loved BoS sins and MA sins for a long while with increased movement speed and other stuff BoS allows, this makes me sad.

whats next? ban zons and smiters abusing the ias thing? not allow firewall or whatever other skill has a buff from lod?

I mean do as you guys want in your leagues/tournaments, but this makes me sad if this becomes the standard norm you guys are setting.

we kinda accepted every imba thing in d2 for the last 15 years as a matter of fact.

d2r is gonna be different no matter what we do. so many mechanic changes all over the place.
I'd rather embrace the new and all the imba than see kneejerk bans whenever something strong is found.

just my opinion.

I hope not to add any other D2R restrictions, and even the burst of speed and martial arts bans are tentative at this point.

You're correct, there are a lot of busted mechanics right now:
Firewall and fireball
Zons dodge animation (no more dodge locks)
Summons vs trap damage stacking
IAS breakpoints for bowzon using mat bow
IAS breakpoints for zealer+smiter
Shape form receiving IAS from items
Stun buff w/out WSG properly working
Volcano casting instantly

More are being discovered every day. Only applying the nerfs to trap sin (Burst of speed+finishers) because these are like taking the strongest 1v1 class in the game and then letting it go super saiyan. I'm totally okay with people pushing the limits of what can be built now to see if they can find a new build/meta to win with otherwise.
Gold: 73,105.00
Nov 10 2021 04:05pm
15 user(s) are reading this topic (4 guests): trowadeath, iceydicey, Ziecheik, TheGreatWalk, MotorCityScrub, bzor, marvel., CHEW30, MADIrishGunner, Rizal, jawn6190

pvp kicksin on suicide watch
Nov 10 2021 04:06pm
Quote (iceydicey @ Nov 10 2021 05:05pm)
15 user(s) are reading this topic (4 guests): trowadeath, iceydicey, Ziecheik, TheGreatWalk, MotorCityScrub, bzor, marvel., CHEW30, MADIrishGunner, Rizal, jawn6190

^Ziecheik pvp kicksin on suicide watch

ill just put it this way

i was destroying zeal pallys using 1 point dtalon 1 point venom on my trap sin in pub games

mind blast+dtalon and they are roasted
Gold: 73,105.00
Nov 10 2021 04:09pm
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 05:06pm)
ill just put it this way

i was destroying zeal pallys using 1 point dtalon 1 point venom on my trap sin in pub games

mind blast+dtalon and they are roasted

yeah i've played vs some kicksins in game and it's absolutely busted, especially if they get a swirly+wof on you
Gold: 1,592.53
Nov 10 2021 04:12pm
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 05:01pm)
I hope not to add any other D2R restrictions, and even the burst of speed and martial arts bans are tentative at this point.

You're correct, there are a lot of busted mechanics right now:
Firewall and fireball
Zons dodge animation (no more dodge locks)
Summons vs trap damage stacking
IAS breakpoints for bowzon using mat bow
IAS breakpoints for zealer+smiter
Shape form receiving IAS from items
Stun buff w/out WSG properly working
Volcano casting instantly

More are being discovered every day. Only applying the nerfs to trap sin (Burst of speed+finishers) because these are like taking the strongest 1v1 class in the game and then letting it go super saiyan. I'm totally okay with people pushing the limits of what can be built now to see if they can find a new build/meta to win with otherwise.

yeah, it feels like there are new bugs discovered every day.
have a couple more I can add to the list lolol.
today I just discovered that some fcr bps may be different >.> lets see what we discover tomorrow.

I'd rather see people fight against the imba and see what happens.

as someone that's played BoS based kicksin as a primary character for 15+ years, I'm enjoying them being super saiyan right now and becoming more the meta instead of a niche.
so it makes me sad that the community response is to ban these skills.
maybe I am a bit biased, but Im also very excited to see how other classes adapt all the changes to their builds, bowazons and others.
I also do feel like we have all been in stockholm syndrome with whats "ok" in d2 in terms of balance, just because we've learned to accept things for over a decade.

imho trying to keep d2r as close to d2lod as possible is gonna be a losing battle in the end.
blizz may or may not patch things, but more differences will be missed, and the game is very different no matter what you do.
imho we should be embracing all the new instead of trying to fight against it.
but I know that is a somewhat polarizing opinion.
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 10 2021 04:13pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Nov 10 2021 04:53pm)

just my opinion.

Iono man I'm really interested to see you play vs any sin with over 20 IQ breaking ias breakpoints and let me know how it goes. Any class really that used to rely on WSG for that matchup. Sin has always been insanely overloaded, and with the loss of WSG previous matchups went from somewhat even to completely in their favor.

The GM rules were designed specifically to help completely lopsided matchups get closer to 50% and have skill be the deciding factor. As an example, a limit on sorb exists so you can't just throw on 90% resist and 2x dwarf stars and become invulnerable vs a fire sorc. Where is the enjoyment or fun in dueling like that? There's no room for skill there, even the best fire sorc dueler in the entire universe would eventually lose to a monkey playing any character running that level of BM sorb. So instead, we limit it to 1 piece so that, while you can reduce fire sorcs effectiveness, you still have to actually beat them and not nullify their class through a pair of boots and a few rings.

Losing WSG and nothing else completely breaks sin matchups, and then on top of that sins now also get to cast traps/fireblast faster or kick straight through all defenses due to bugs. The only thing you're doing by "embracing the new meta" is having sin favored in literally every single one of it's matchups. That doesn't enable more classes or builds, it removes classes that have worse matchups due to the relaxed rules or whatever. Why run ele at all if anytime you jump in vs a decent sin you're all but guaranteed to lose, regardless of how good you are, because the matchup is too heavy in their favor?
Gold: 8,743.00
Nov 10 2021 04:16pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Nov 10 2021 03:53pm)

just my opinion.

It’s for the sake of quality and diversity in competitive duels.

At the current state that sins are at, and the desire to win a duel/tournament, you will only see 10 kick sins sign up, it removes any diversity.

Atleast with them banned you may see druids, necs, sins, Smiters sign up, and while some have advantages over others there lays room for winning even with disadvantages. A typical necro may have a 20% chance to beat the Druid, but atleast there’s a chance.

When a 100% pure trapper can use 1 point Talon and kick a smiter down and win the trade it removes balance… we aren’t even talking about a kicksin, we are talking about a pure trapper with 1 point into talon, imagine how broken a real kicker will be in these instances who can use sorb, dr, chant, oak, and do 10x the dmg per kick than the trapper who already has a 90/10 win rate vs any class.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the skills, it’s not a debate on that. It’s comparable to if paladins randomly had 40k foh with 1 point in it and 1 shot everyone through accidental coding in the game. We know it’s not meant to be that way.

This post was edited by yostraydog on Nov 10 2021 04:27pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1232425262776Next
Add Reply New Topic