d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev12122232425353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 113.56
Mar 16 2010 08:13am
Adam your merger idea isn't bad, but I also think that everyone from the ladder ladder that wants to join this one should start at the bottom.
They should have to prove, just like everyone else on this ladder has, how good they are, and climb up.
We could even just take the order of their rankings and just slap it on the bottom (granted everyone wants to join up).
But it's unfair, imo, to just put them ahead of anyone they haven't dueled.
This is a dueling ladder, make them duel like they're supposed to, don't cheat everyone here out of their rank.
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 16 2010 08:36am
Quote (CoffeeMasterX @ Mar 16 2010 10:13pm)
Adam your merger idea isn't bad, but I also think that everyone from the ladder ladder that wants to join this one should start at the bottom.
They should have to prove, just like everyone else on this ladder has, how good they are, and climb up.
We could even just take the order of their rankings and just slap it on the bottom (granted everyone wants to join up).
But it's unfair, imo, to just put them ahead of anyone they haven't dueled.
This is a dueling ladder, make them duel like they're supposed to, don't cheat everyone here out of their rank.

Cheat is a very strong word :rofl:

Nah it's just one of the two current suggestions, other one being shortening the challenge deadline and re-challenge times if u read all the pages before.

And my suggestion will in a way make everyone be more active too, though i understand like scorpxxxx said if u were 15 and suddenly became 30 it will be not v nice.

So even if the council members decide to use my suggestion, it will still have to be voted by the current nonlad melee ladder community or else it will not be passed.

Hope that addressed your concerns.
Mar 16 2010 09:21am
Quote (hengster @ Mar 16 2010 09:36am)
Cheat is a very strong word :rofl:

Nah it's just one of the two current suggestions, other one being shortening the challenge deadline and re-challenge times if u read all the pages before.

And my suggestion will in a way make everyone be more active too, though i understand like scorpxxxx said if u were 15 and suddenly became 30 it will be not v nice.

So even if the council members decide to use my suggestion, it will still have to be voted by the current nonlad melee ladder community or else it will not be passed.

Hope that addressed your concerns.

The deadline idea isn't bad, and that was just my opinion on the matter. Whatever is decided in the end I'll support, ofc.
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 16 2010 09:30am
I dont think the rules of the ladder should be changed at all, they are very ballanced and work well IMO

I was just suggesting a 1 Time Duel off or giant tourney type thing for the ladder merger

but it seems like the NL community isnt up for the challenge. so forget I mentioned it.

I think the ladder works fine as is with the exception of some people abusing the 3 day dodge rule and extensions
Mar 16 2010 09:38am
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 16 2010 10:30am)
I dont think the rules of the ladder should be changed at all, they are very ballanced and work well IMO

I was just suggesting a 1 Time Duel off or giant tourney  type thing  for the ladder merger

but it seems like the NL community isnt up for the challenge. so forget I mentioned it.

I think the ladder works fine as is  with the exception of some people abusing the 3 day dodge rule and extensions

I actually would be down for that, but everyone would have to be on at the same time, or we'd have to do separate duels over a certain time period.
Also, what would we do about the fact that there's less on the ladder melee ladder, just have the 24 from yours duel the top 24 on here?
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 16 2010 09:48am
Quote (CoffeeMasterX @ Mar 16 2010 11:38am)
I actually would be down for that, but everyone would have to be on at the same time, or we'd have to do separate duels over a certain time period.
Also, what would we do about the fact that there's less on the ladder melee ladder, just have the 24 from yours duel the top 24 on here?

well ofc the logitics would have to be worked out thats why I made the suggestion as soon as i was aware of a reset being annonced, so we would have time to do that...

but so far just the idea has been met with extreme hostility by everybody but you and Adam

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Mar 16 2010 09:49am
Mar 16 2010 10:08am
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 16 2010 10:48am)
well ofc the logitics would have to be worked out thats why I made the suggestion as soon as i was aware of a reset being annonced,  so we would have time to do that...

but so far just the idea has been met with extreme hostility by everybody but you and Adam

Well we could either have a big tournament or maybe those from the ladder melee ladder could have one shot at dueling the person of the nl ladder of their rank and if they win they can be put in front of them and if they lose that have to start at the bottom. Idk, sounds weird but it's an idea. I just don't agree with the assumption that those of higher rank on the ladder ladder are automatically better than those of the relative lower ranks of the nonladder melee ladder, and they shouldn't gain spots above everyone else without some sort of duel or proof of their abilities.
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 16 2010 10:12am
Quote (CoffeeMasterX @ Mar 17 2010 12:08am)
Well we could either have a big tournament or maybe those from the ladder melee ladder could have one shot at dueling the person of the nl ladder of their rank and if they win they can be put in front of them and if they lose that have to start at the bottom. Idk, sounds weird but it's an idea. I just don't agree with the assumption that those of higher rank on the ladder ladder are automatically better than those of the relative lower ranks of the nonladder melee ladder, and they shouldn't gain spots above everyone else without some sort of duel or proof of their abilities.

Imo Tourney is out of the question, it is hard enough sometimes for two duelers to meet on a common time to finish a challenge within 3 days.

Even if all 60+ (yes there will be, a few of us ninjas, me included, are not on either of the ladders atm) turn up, we will have 8+ full rooms, how are u gonna place them if 20 of the matchups turn out to be 6-4 score?

A one off chance to duel for a rank could work, we do have to decide what ranks are eligible or simply allow all ranks to have that chance. Win or start at bottom.
Mar 16 2010 10:57am
Quote (hengster @ Mar 16 2010 11:12am)
Imo Tourney is out of the question, it is hard enough sometimes for two duelers to meet on a common time to finish a challenge within 3 days.

Even if all 60+ (yes there will be, a few of us ninjas, me included, are not on either of the ladders atm) turn up, we will have 8+ full rooms, how are u gonna place them if 20 of the matchups turn out to be 6-4 score?

A one off chance to duel for a rank could work, we do have to decide what ranks are eligible or simply allow all ranks to have that chance. Win or start at bottom.

That would probably be the best bet, as long as there is some sort of test to let them have a rank.
Gold: 440.00
Mar 16 2010 10:57am
That giant duel tourney sounds wild :D
However finding a time for that many people to have that kinda duel? Now that would be a neat trick! :bouncy:
Tell everyone we are giving away free unpremed CD keys ;) :P
Just kidding
^_^

This post was edited by Darkken on Mar 16 2010 10:58am
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev12122232425353Next
Add Reply New Topic