d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev12345353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,000.00
Feb 4 2010 06:01pm
Quote (Darkken @ Feb 4 2010 04:44pm)
Understandable, thats why its your responsibility to let us know - so we can do something about it.
Thx for the feedback Gentlemen :)

Yep we'll make changes accordingly. Only two of the rules that got added in without a vote seem to be an issue in the first place. I guess by just adding new rules after following the same ones since june doesn't really work to well for the ones who have been on the ladder since the beginning.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 4 2010 06:04pm
Gold: 43,841.33
Feb 4 2010 09:40pm
Hey, guys. My only concern is, as I said to others, that #3 should not be able to challenge and win #1 over #2 rank. That's the only problem I'm concerned about right now. I can see that the top 5 ranks having to challenge one-at-a-time is a problem to some, which is understandable, but at minimum, I think the rule should be in effect for the top 3 and not the top 5.

That's the issue that takes priority to me. Are there any others that need to be discussed?
Feb 5 2010 12:07am
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Feb 4 2010 10:40pm)
Hey, guys.  My only concern is, as I said to others, that #3 should not be able to challenge and win #1 over #2 rank.  That's the only problem I'm concerned about right now.  I can see that the top 5 ranks having to challenge one-at-a-time is a problem to some, which is understandable, but at minimum, I think the rule should be in effect for the top 3 and not the top 5.

That's the issue that takes priority to me.  Are there any others that need to be discussed?

I agree with you on that rule which is why i agreed with you when you originally suggested it. Top 5 is just to much imo and top 3 are the actual important ranks anyway not to mention that it wouldn't tie up the ladder nearly as much with it like that. I'm sure the majority of the mods will agree with this rule change as would majority of the ladder so it should make everyone happier. I know that's how it was on the pn ladder and sure #1 spot does get protected but that usually isn't an issue at least that I've ever experienced. The only other issue atm was the forfeit issue. Imo if someone sends a message that they don't plan on completing a challenge it should count as an instant dodge since otherwise the challenger gets punished for having to wait the full 3 days which is unnecessary. As the dodge rule states is that 2 consecutive will mean they get removed. This change would remove inactive members sooner keeping everything more active and running smooth.

Those were the main issues that brought about this thread and the only ones that have been brought to mine/darkkens attention so should resolve the issues that people have been having.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 5 2010 12:14am
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 5 2010 12:28am
I believe the main concerns our members have are:

1) Gear change from unlimited to now 1 per set
Reason we made this rule: To allow for more planning and strategy rather than trial and error, and save time.
Complaints: Druids need to gear a lot as they are unbalanced and inferior to other classes when gear changes are so little.
Solution: We could possibly revive the old rule back in june last year of 2 gears per set, we will discuss this!

2) Only allowed to challenge 1 rank above for #5 and up
Reason we made this rule: To prevent users from ninja-ing over the top tier melee characters and get #1 when they don't deserve it.
Complaints: Certain ranks, especially rank #5, will find themselves stuck with no one to challenge if they are inattentive and not issue their challenge to the 4 kids above them once pending are finished. (personally i was at #5 for 2 months or so before i left the NL ladder but i had fun destroying anyone who tried to get past me, around 20+ encounters or so)
Solution: We could possibly reduce this limit for #1 to #3 only.

3) Forfeiting of spot and having to wait 3 days for it
Reason we made this rule: We didn't want people to use forfeiture as an option and remove the GM-ness from attending to your challenges since u are placed on the ladder
Complaints: If someone forfeits, we should not punish the challenger by making him wait 3 days for forfeit to take effect.
Solution: We could possibly remove the need to wait for 3 days in event of forfeit, but member who forfeit gets 1 Dodge ruled against him.

Additional Suggestion: To have a Dodge Token/Counter attached to right side of user who recently Dodged/Forfeited a Challenge.
This is to highlight who had already one 'offense', so to remind you to not dodge again or be subjected to removal from ladder.

When I had the idea to make this United Melee Guilds Ladder, we did not want one person to be in full control or tyrannize over the rest of the community in the passing/rejecting/changing of rules.
We all learn from trial and error, and in the true spirit of democracy, I am in full support of improvements and suggestions by the community to make the United Guilds Melee Ladder the most successful jsp-based ladder ever.

Comments please, feel free to flood my inbox ^_^
Gold: 6,929.00
Feb 5 2010 12:53am
I have no coments but will flood inbox anyhow ok? <3

This post was edited by scorpxxxx on Feb 5 2010 12:53am
Gold: 15,410.01
Feb 5 2010 04:32am
Quote (hengster @ Feb 4 2010 11:28pm)

Reason we made this rule: To allow for more planning and strategy rather than trial and error, and save time.
Complaints: Druids need to gear a lot as they are unbalanced and inferior to other classes when gear changes are so little.
Solution: We could possibly revive the old rule back in june last year of 2 gears per set, we will discuss this!

Reason we made this rule: To prevent users from ninja-ing over the top tier melee characters and get #1 when they don't deserve it.
Complaints: Certain ranks, especially rank #5, will find themselves stuck with no one to challenge if they are inattentive and not issue their challenge to the 4 kids above them once pending are finished. (personally i was at #5 for 2 months or so before i left the NL ladder but i had fun destroying anyone who tried to get past me, around 20+ encounters or so)

Reason we made this rule: We didn't want people to use forfeiture as an option and remove the GM-ness from attending to your challenges since u are placed on the ladder
Complaints: If someone forfeits, we should not punish the challenger by making him wait 3 days for forfeit to take effect.
Solution: We could possibly remove the need to wait for 3 days in event of forfeit, but member who forfeit gets 1 Dodge ruled against him.

Additional Suggestion: To have a Dodge Token/Counter attached to right side of user who recently Dodged/Forfeited a Challenge.
This is to highlight who had already one 'offense', so to remind you to not dodge again or be subjected to removal from ladder.

When I had the idea to make this United Melee Guilds Ladder, we did not want one person to be in full control or tyrannize over the rest of the community in the passing/rejecting/changing of rules.
We all learn from trial and error, and in the true spirit of democracy, I am in full support of improvements and suggestions by the community to make the United Guilds Melee Ladder the most successful jsp-based ladder ever.

Comments  please, feel free to flood my inbox ^_^

i lyke theses ideas :O
Gold: 32.00
Feb 5 2010 11:17am
Quote (hengster @ Feb 5 2010 01:28am)

Comments please, feel free to flood my inbox ^_^

Quote (LilNeko @ Feb 5 2010 05:32am)
i lyke theses ideas :O

me 2. especially the part about flooding your inbox :P

Feb 5 2010 09:39pm
Quote (hengster @ Feb 5 2010 01:28am)

Comments  please, feel free to flood my inbox ^_^

I agree with these :)
Gold: 440.00
Feb 6 2010 11:44am
Im in ;)
Gold: 6,929.00
Feb 7 2010 11:26am
I propose that Barbs will be overpowered in new patch and they should be limited to using uped butchers pupals axe or non eth headstrikers in order to continue giving zealots a fighting chance vs those mean barbarians :o

JK thread was inactive for a while and im DISO +1's :P
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev12345353Next
Add Reply New Topic