d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1181920212276Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 12:05pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 10 2021 06:02pm)
I don't agree that people would run around for hours relying on 12 life rep. I would think it is worth testing instead of making the assumption.

Life rep incentivizes dragging duels out longer. If you knew you had more life rep than your opponent then optimal gameplay involves running away.

Did u not see last night? Ofc they would..
Gold: 29,982.00
Nov 10 2021 12:08pm
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 07:43am)
Am not considering allowing the use of poison nova and poison jav zon, or auradin. Play a real class, or u can use those in coooley's events if he allows it.

I am however planning to add the following, so please provide any feedback if you have it:

Rules:
For Diablo 2 Resurrected ONLY - Temporary rules depending on bug resolution:
- Burst of Speed may only be used with heart of the oak. (due to broken ias frame caps)
- Dragon talon and dragon claw are banned. (due to broken block/dodge mechanics)
- Stacking of burst of speed and fade is prohibited. (glitch exists in which both may be applied simultaneously)

General:
- Arguing with the host and/or moderator may lead to disqualification.

Items:
- No more than 410 resist stack is allowed, or 385 with raven frost.

Sorceress Specific Rules:
- May not refill mana pots from the pool mid-duel if using ES
- Energy shield sorcs >80% may not use mana potions

all good additions i think
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 12:09pm
Quote (Cringe @ Nov 10 2021 01:08pm)
all good additions i think

apparently the bos/fade was a visual thing and not true glitch so im taking that one off

others will be added
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 10 2021 12:13pm
Quote (Piwah @ Nov 10 2021 01:05pm)
Did u not see last night? Ofc they would..

I turned it off, I think I like watching everything except the finals at this point. I think limiting mana would leave one trapper at a disadvantage over-time and allow the other one to capitalize. A high limit of say 2-3 spare belts a person. Eventually one person will run out faster.

Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 10 2021 01:04pm)
I offered 1v1 Kick Vs Kick First to 1 instead of trap vs trap but he denied it and prided the moment we said go

I aggro'd him until low life then i rep'd life until i was able to chase again

HE sat in the middle of the map on a small dual box map 24/7 and took adv of it as i c/t'd circles around him for over a hour

Again its trap vs trap this is what happenss

Thats why i ask for 1v1 kick only but ya !

Referring to your hdin on the last tourney:
If you get unlimited mana from mods, have more life rep than your opponent. Then you should be running away with hammers with the main goal of abusing the life rep gap between you and your opponent. The combination of unlimited mana allows this to happen. I get it, its optimal strategy but I think avoiding that type of gameplay is +EV for everyone

This post was edited by necessaryjpgs on Nov 10 2021 12:14pm
Gold: 5.69
Warn: 30%
Nov 10 2021 12:17pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 10 2021 01:13pm)
I turned it off, I think I like watching everything except the finals at this point. I think limiting mana would leave one trapper at a disadvantage over-time and allow the other one to capitalize. A high limit of say 2-3 spare belts a person. Eventually one person will run out faster.

If you get unlimited mana from mods, have more life rep than your opponent. Then you should be running away with hammers with the main goal of abusing the life rep gap between you and your opponent. The combination of unlimited mana allows this to happen. I get it, its optimal strategy but I think avoiding that type of gameplay is +EV for everyone

There wasn't one time when i was on hammerdin where i was not attacking repping , i was hitting namelocks without bo the duels are recorded

I do agree with you , But the guys on a barb with mindblast clawblock cloak traps ....

When your on a PATHETIC class like a ghost sin or hybrid sin your not going to get treated the same

Watch all my other duels Vs walk the cold sorc , even last night Trap vs XX , Im not a defensive dueler im actually one of the most aggro all i do is match peoples game play
Gold: 7.00
Nov 10 2021 12:19pm
Trap vs trap should just be moderated with limited mana say 2-3 refills per person and you need to request it when you're beginning to get low. The mana will be for you only dropped on the left or right side of the moor which is stated by the moderator when doing so
Gold: 29,982.00
Nov 10 2021 12:20pm
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 10 2021 11:13am)

the problem is if the person playing aggro gets low and then stops aggro play / starts repping, they want the other person to become the aggro and finish the duel. thats why 1v1 in general is lame.
Gold: 9,198.90
Trader: Trusted
Nov 10 2021 12:21pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 10 2021 07:17pm)
There wasn't one time when i was on hammerdin where i was not attacking repping , i was hitting namelocks without bo the duels are recorded

I do agree with you , But the guys on a barb with mindblast clawblock cloak traps ....

When your on a PATHETIC class like a ghost sin or hybrid sin your not going to get treated the same

Watch all my other duels Vs walk the cold sorc , even last night Trap vs XX , Im not a defensive dueler im actually one of the most aggro all i do is match peoples game play

Idk about that one chief i watched a few of your hammerdin duels a few days ago on your stream and you are literally afk charging and spamming hammers 90% of the time. Idk if this is considered fine nowadays but it looked kinda cancer ngl.

/e anyway i agree 1v1 is a meme in this game.

This post was edited by 0me on Nov 10 2021 12:22pm
Gold: 5.69
Warn: 30%
Nov 10 2021 12:22pm
Quote (0me @ Nov 10 2021 01:21pm)
Idk about that one chief i watched a few of your hammerdin duels a few days ago on your stream and you are literally afk charging and spamming hammers 90% of the time. Idk if this is considered fine nowadays but it looked kinda cancer ngl.

Vs whom ?
Enlighten me
Gold: 9,198.90
Trader: Trusted
Nov 10 2021 12:24pm
Quote (TOESHANK @ Nov 10 2021 07:22pm)
Vs whom ?
Enlighten me

I don't remember, i don't even know you / have nothing against you just found funny that you define yourself as an aggro player after watching your stream, no hate man, maybe that's the way to play today, sure as hell wasn't like that in legacy/people would get insta called out for doing that.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1181920212276Next
Add Reply New Topic