d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev11718192021353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 16 2010 12:29am
Quote (hengster @ Mar 16 2010 01:28am)
Maybe this time round, instead of the 5 council members voting alone, we might get the United Ladder members to vote on this too, since they are the old guys on the block.

I agree. I just know I would be annoyed if the ladder I was on "merged" with another ladder instead of the new kids just starting at the bottom. We're trying to hard to accommodate the ladder players. Everyone always starts at the bottom of every ladder they shouldn't just get moved up to a high position on one ladder just because of their rank on a diff one.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 16 2010 12:30am
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 16 2010 12:29am
Posting on New Page so the rest can see:

Voting by all the current members of the United Ladder to see if they want the new guys to merge interweaved amongst them or at the bottom sounds like a good idea to me too.

Since this is a ladder for the community, not for personal pride or gains.

My Suggestion actually will be:

Members on the ladder Overall melee ladder get until this Sunday to decide if they want to be part of the nonlad United Ladder once ladder resets. Steve can probably do a headcount for this easily.

As for the Ranks merger.

Nonlad zealots will keep their ranks, but with a twist:

The current #1 on United Ladder will remain as #1, but #2 will become #3, and #3 will become #5.

Why?

So we make the nonlad members now hold the odd number ranks, like below:

01.Scorpxxxx/Scorpxxxx/Scorps_Sabbith—Zeal

03. PreZident Brennon/PreZ_of_the_PN/PN_PreZidentII—Zeal

05. TDS123/Remains/iRyan—Zeal

07. D2Child/Child-/Jabroni—Zeal

09. DaWn/Banditcom/Stocctown—Zeal

11. Eric_Mendoza/Eric_Mendoza/Erics_DRUIDwolf—Fury

13. JAYZONE/JAYZONE/Strongest—Zeal

15. D2Child/Child-/Cuny—Conc

17. D2Child/Child-/Cnbf—Fury

19. Mtd433/Mtd433/Averel—Conc

21. Darkken/Nexxus-4/Darkken—Conc

23. Drael/Drael/Whisp—Zeal

25. Shank_You/UD_killers/Lantern—Zeal

27. SubaruWRX/Queens_GOD/Civic-Geo—Zeal

29. mrdruman/mrdruman/civic-lorqn—Zeal

31. CoffeeMasterX/XsethirothX/Vikodin—Conc <-- x1

33. Speedskater2003/Speedskater2003/MyLittleHolyMan—Zeal

35. Vera/Davis./Coltrane—Conc <-- x1

37. Biglouy/Biglouy/Luis—Conc

39. SX-XiP/Tyler/FatDuck—Zeal

41. Drael/Drael/Narciss—Conc

43. F150_Redneck/F150_Redneck/Guy_Harvey—Zeal

45. BAJuicer/BA-Juicer/Ryan—Conc <-- x1

47. Technics/M.m.m/Titleist—Fury

49. Greniator/Green97/Emzo—Zeal

51. nflgo/nfl-conc/Whitebread—Conc

53. Cyssero/Cyssero./Cyssero—Zeal

55. Biglouy/Hazuki/Maxed—Fury <-- x1

57. xWaRx/xJoNx/SpecialEd—Conc

59. VoGG/Vogg./iReF—Zeal

61. Maddog402/WarPaint—Conc

63. Evil_Stalker/Evil_Stalker/Seabiscuit—Zeal

65. 9012lance/lancerafael72/CinderBlock—Conc

67. obisent/deathwing24/Toxics—Fury

The missing even number ranks will be inserted with Overall Ladder members in the correct sequence as per ladder before reset.

This is an idea of a compromise between combining and starting from bottom, but again nothing has yet to be decided. ( i think i am beginning to sound more and more like Bashiok )

Comments?

This post was edited by hengster on Mar 16 2010 12:30am
Mar 16 2010 12:33am
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 16 2010 02:29pm)
I agree. I just know I would be annoyed if the ladder I was on "merged" with another ladder instead of the new kids just starting at the bottom. We're trying to hard to accommodate the ladder players. Everyone always starts at the bottom of every ladder they shouldn't just get moved up to a high position on one ladder just because of their rank on a diff one.

I am pretty sure our pro non-lad community don't mind a challenge too, having someone placed between them will encourage them to challenge the ladder kids too to see their worth, and vice versa.

Glad we got a good discussion going on here, please continue!

Edit:

Having interweaved ranks might not be a big issue too, since u can challenge up to 2 spots above you anyway.

This post was edited by hengster on Mar 16 2010 12:34am
Mar 16 2010 12:34am
Quote (hengster @ Mar 16 2010 01:33am)
I am pretty sure our pro non-lad community don't mind a challenge too, having someone placed between them will encourage them to challenge the ladder kids too to see their worth, and vice versa.

Glad we got a good discussion going on here, please continue!

That's true it would encourage some action and there would be tons of duels day one of the merger which would be cool. It would be better to have that compromise than have them not join the ladder because they don't feel like starting at the bottom. Now that I thought about it for more than .2 seconds I kinda like it :)

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 16 2010 12:35am
Gold: 4,271.99
Mar 16 2010 12:36am
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 16 2010 01:27am)
I dunno the ladder kids still wouldn't have earned the ranks though. Who's to say the #1 melee on ladder wouldn't be #10 on the combined ladder? Would be up to the participants on this ladder imo.

YEa,
I would just say those who want to hop into another ladder will just have to start from the bottom.
ZvZ isn't the same as United Melee.
So, you can't just merge ranks. The Difficulty in ZvZ isn't the same with UML (United Melee Ladder)
However, if Steve held a UML in Ladder Realm, it would make more sense to merge the 2 ladders together. But this isn't the case here. We are marge 1 type with another.

That's like Adding fractions with 2 different denominator. It can't be.

IT's only fair that way. I too want to join Zeal v Zeal and ill accept starting from the bottom. I'm sure the zealers in UML will do the same.
This is vice versa with ZvZ people going to UML. and ofc same goes for CONC ladder in ladder realm and fury ladder in ladder realm.
They too have to start in the bottom if they want to join the UML. IF we allow ZvZ to merge then wouldn't CzC have the right aswell?

There's a Ladder for
Conc
Fury
Zeal
and 1 ladder to merge all of them together.

Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 16 2010 01:37am)

Hmm wtf was i smoking?

Quote (hengster @ Mar 16 2010 01:38am)
Jay u got it wrong. we are not merging the zvz in. we are merging the Overall ladder in. Link to Overall ladder:http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=36358036&f=147&o=3760

As you can see if you click the link there are conc and fury there too.

Probably wanna check what Kwan is giving you to smoke with.

Yea, I think i was on crack when i wrote this >< I had the ZvZ in midn and forgot about that one =/

I just pm'd him to see what he thought about my suggestion. lols

This post was edited by JAYZONE on Mar 16 2010 12:43am
Mar 16 2010 12:37am
Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 16 2010 01:36am)
YEa,
I would just say those who want to hop into another ladder will just have to start from the bottom.
So, you can't just merge ranks. The Difficulty in ZvZ isn't the same with UML (United Melee Ladder)
However, if Steve held a UML in Ladder Realm, it would make more sense to merge the 2 ladders together. But this isn't the case here. We are marge 1 type with another.

IT's only fair that way. I too want to join Zeal v Zeal and ill accept starting from the bottom. I'm sure the zealers in UML will do the same.
This is vice versa with ZvZ people going to UML. and ofc same goes for CONC ladder in ladder realm and fury ladder in ladder realm.
They too have to start in the bottom if they want to join the UML. IF we allow ZvZ to merge then wouldn't CzC have the right aswell?

There's a Ladder for
Conc
Fury
Zeal

Actually he does http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=36358036&f=147
Mar 16 2010 12:38am
Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 16 2010 02:36pm)
YEa,

There's a Ladder for
Conc
Fury
Zeal

Jay u got it wrong. we are not merging the zvz in. we are merging the Overall ladder in. Link to Overall ladder:http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=36358036&f=147&o=3760

As you can see if you click the link there are conc and fury there too.

Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 16 2010 02:36pm)

Hmm wtf was i smoking?

Yea, I think i was on crack when i wrote this >< I had the ZvZ in midn and forgot about that one =/

Probably wanna check what Kwan is giving you to smoke with.

This post was edited by hengster on Mar 16 2010 12:41am
Gold: 4,271.99
Mar 16 2010 12:42am
Then i would suggest.
#1 will challenge #1 for the upper hand and this goes the same with #2 vs #2.
you can't assign 1 to be #1,#2,#3 etc when the other guy with the same ranking could be better.
So bottom line for my suggestion is to duel for the upper hand/position.
Mar 16 2010 12:42am
Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 16 2010 01:42am)
Then i would suggest.
you can't assign 1 to be #1,#2,#3 etc when the other guy with the same ranking could be better.

That was same as steve's suggestion which isn't very popular.
Mar 16 2010 12:44am
Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 16 2010 02:42pm)
Then i would suggest.

Yup, precisely what my suggestion is going to do.

The nonlad #1 will still be #1 after reset, while the ladder #1 will become #2 on the UML after reset.

Therefore my suggestion of odd ranks for nonlad oldies and even ranks for ladder newbies.

Please read my suggestion in full jay when u are sane :lol:
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev11718192021353Next
Add Reply New Topic