d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > East N-l Gm Ww Barbvsbarb > By Besh
Prev1165716581659166016613423Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15.00
Oct 27 2012 08:39pm
imho, i would say that constitutes as a redo.

its not fair to have ANY advantage other than gear based over a player. i know from past experiences, ive had like less than 100 hp left and someone had a good chunk left and ive managed to come back and get the kill, if he already had a little hp remaining, the psn is unfair because it would of knocked him down to 1, and the fire on top of that is overkill.

if one party thinks it shouldnt count and the other does, it should have to be consented by the person who it happened to that it is alright to count, if he objects it should be a redo.

to be fair, you should of restarted the duel byracki, i rarely give any credit to ggnore, but in this circumstance he was right

"If it was at beginning or in the middle of a duel, sure. Makes sense.
Would it be fair to redo if he had full life and I had 1 HP? omg venom! redo QQ. Of course not. He would clearly be the winner cuz I was so far behind, it is full vs empty, a redo is not acceptable in that situation
."

ive actually managed to kill someone without taking any damage, so although unlikely, it could of been possible for him to kill you while he had a retarded low amount of life and you have pretty much full
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,702.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 27 2012 08:40pm
I say it was a clear redo. at least i would of redo it.
Gold: 240.00
Oct 27 2012 08:51pm
yes because when you cast venom the life of your opponent is not considered .1 to life or 6k life its the same thing (redo)

This post was edited by mik979 on Oct 27 2012 08:52pm
Gold: 3,597.95
Oct 27 2012 09:19pm
you all seem to be missing the one key point:
We didnt CONTINUE after venom, he was dead the second it happened
Oct 27 2012 09:22pm
if it had casted and we were both alive, I wouldve been like 'well shit we are even on life, redo it'. But since it had no effect on the remainder of the duel, logical = count the death

This post was edited by byracki on Oct 27 2012 09:23pm
Oct 27 2012 09:26pm
Quote (Sopranos @ Oct 27 2012 09:39pm)
imho, i would say that constitutes as a redo.

its not fair to have ANY advantage other than gear based over a player. i know from past experiences, ive had like less than 100 hp left and someone had a good chunk left and ive managed to come back and get the kill, if he already had a little hp remaining, the psn is unfair because it would of knocked him down to 1, and the fire on top of that is overkill.

if one party thinks it shouldnt count and the other does, it should have to be consented by the person who it happened to that it is alright to count, if he objects it should be a redo.

to be fair, you should of restarted the duel byracki, i rarely give any credit to ggnore, but in this circumstance he was right

"If it was at beginning or in the middle of a duel, sure. Makes sense.
Would it be fair to redo if he had full life and I had 1 HP? omg venom! redo QQ. Of course not. He would clearly be the winner cuz I was so far behind, it is full vs empty, a redo is not acceptable in that situation
."

ive actually managed to kill someone without taking any damage, so although unlikely, it could of been possible for him to kill you while he had a retarded low amount of life and you have pretty much full

the psn does 20 dmg after resists and pvp penalty. I didnt knock him to 1 HP, I KILLED him with the physical hit. Then venom and fire didnt kill him, it just showed since he was immortal whirling.

When his venom goes off when I have 1 life vs his 6k, duel can continue. I get hit once by ANYTHING it dont matter what.... I'll lose. Why would it be fair to take away that clear flawless victory? A redo of that would be a cheat vs him.

Same as how his barb was ALREADY dead before the venom casted is a cheat to me

This post was edited by byracki on Oct 27 2012 09:31pm
Oct 27 2012 09:39pm
Sorry to break it to you boys and girls, but a barb that is ALREADY DEAD but still spinning that then get hits by poison from venom was STILL ALREADY DEAD BEFORE the poison affected him. Venom had NOTHING to do with that death and it is not and never will be a fucking redo.

IF he had survived, we would both be alive and I had venom on me, it would be an entirely different conversation that would absolutely require a redo of that one duel.
Oct 27 2012 09:41pm
Quote (byracki @ Oct 27 2012 11:26pm)
the psn does 20 dmg after resists and pvp penalty. I didnt knock him to 1 HP, I KILLED him with the physical hit. Then venom and fire didnt kill him, it just showed since he was immortal whirling.

When his venom goes off when I have 1 life vs his 6k, duel can continue. I get hit once by ANYTHING it dont matter what.... I'll lose. Why would it be fair to take away that clear flawless victory? A redo of that would be a cheat vs him.

Same as how his barb was ALREADY dead before the venom casted is a cheat to me

if i was there and saw it happen, i may be willing to be more partial and say it was a fair hit, however since i wasnt there to clearly see, still under my impression, if you hit him and psn activated that 20hp could mean the difference between a win and a loss.

and also how can he be dead before venom was casted? makes no sense. you melee'd him, it proc'd venom, it damaged him while he was whirling, he died... clearly venom affected his health.

Quote (byracki @ Oct 27 2012 11:39pm)
Sorry to break it to you boys and girls, but a barb that is ALREADY DEAD but still spinning that then get hits by poison from venom was STILL ALREADY DEAD BEFORE the poison affected him. Venom had NOTHING to do with that death and it is not and never will be a fucking redo.

IF he had survived, we would both be alive and I had venom on me, it would be an entirely different conversation that would absolutely require a redo of that one duel.

you need to relax eric lol

whats done is done. the rest of the barbs voiced their opinions already, nn 4 more consecutive posts :P

This post was edited by Sopranos on Oct 27 2012 09:43pm
Oct 27 2012 09:48pm
Quote (Sopranos @ Oct 27 2012 10:41pm)
if i was there and saw it happen, i may be willing to be more partial and say it was a fair hit, however since i wasnt there to clearly see, still under my impression, if you hit him and psn activated that 20hp could mean the difference between a win and a loss.

and also how can he be dead before venom was casted? makes no sense. you melee'd him, it proc'd venom, it damaged him while he was whirling, he died... clearly venom affected his health.

you need to relax eric lol

whats done is done. the rest of the barbs voiced their opinions already, nn 4 more consecutive posts :P

He was whirling and got hit. Dropped dead as soon as he stopped. It is like when you are dead but can spin a mile before you finally stop. That is 100% different then 'oh hey venom is on, we should restart'

as to the 'relax' part, everyone keeps missing the one important part of the situation. HE WAS DEAD ALREADY when it casted. Also venom CANNOT kill.

Score stands at 4-5 for the first set.

This post was edited by byracki on Oct 27 2012 09:55pm
Oct 27 2012 09:59pm
Quote (byracki @ Oct 27 2012 11:48pm)
He was whirling and got hit. Dropped dead as soon as he stopped. It is like when you are dead but can spin a mile before you finally stop. That is 100% different then 'oh hey venom is on, we should restart'

as to the 'relax' part, everyone keeps missing the one important part of the situation. HE WAS DEAD ALREADY when it casted. Also venom CANNOT kill.

very true, venom doesnt kill, it however leaves you with 1 hp, and the fire from the brimstone kills. i understand the "he was in a ww when he got hit" part, but that melee hit caused him to get psn'd, drop down to 1 hp and die by the fire. if psn never proc'd and you melee'd him, he wouldnt of died. how do i know this? because he'll either block it or itll be reduced because of the dr on his gear. he cant block psn.

i dont care who won and who lost, im simply stating what i consider to be just, and its apparent what 3 others beside myself think.

This post was edited by Sopranos on Oct 27 2012 10:01pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1165716581659166016613423Next
Add Reply New Topic