d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1151617181976Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,521.00
Nov 10 2021 09:04am
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 07:43am)
Am not considering allowing the use of poison nova and poison jav zon, or auradin. Play a real class, or u can use those in coooley's events if he allows it.

I am however planning to add the following, so please provide any feedback if you have it:

Rules:
For Diablo 2 Resurrected ONLY - Temporary rules depending on bug resolution:
- Burst of Speed may only be used with heart of the oak. (due to broken ias frame caps)
- Dragon talon and dragon claw are banned. (due to broken block/dodge mechanics)
- Stacking of burst of speed and fade is prohibited. (glitch exists in which both may be applied simultaneously)

General:
- Arguing with the host and/or moderator may lead to disqualification.

Items:
- No more than 410 resist stack is allowed, or 385 with raven frost.

Sorceress Specific Rules:
- May not refill mana pots from the pool mid-duel if using ES
- Energy shield sorcs >80% may not use mana potions

Well, it is your tournament so you do get to decide what a "real class" is for it but that is a wack statement.

People are realizing that this is NOT the same game as D2. We have to adapt.

I appreciate you running these tournaments and are open to changing the rules for this new landscape.
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 10 2021 09:05am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 09:59am)
^loftyes

This is where you come in (as promised) and help me convince Aaron to not ban dclaw/dtalon in his tournaments. I like these tournaments, so I want to continue participating, but banning a critical skill like BOS/Dclaw is just not the way to go. Whirlwind on assassins is already clunky and barely works as it, at least let me dclaw/kick people to death. Come on now.

dclaw is very difficult to land and can easily be escaped by having decent FHR breakpoints / runwalk. Necro with FHR/Runwalk can just walk out of dclaw and punish with bone-spear. If you ban dclaw you may as well ban smite.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 09:10am
Quote (necessaryjpgs @ Nov 10 2021 10:05am)
dclaw is very difficult to land and can easily be escaped by having decent FHR breakpoints / runwalk. Necro with FHR/Runwalk can just walk out of dclaw and punish with bone-spear. If you ban dclaw you may as well ban smite.

that's not even a close comparison

on sin you can mind blast+dclaw using an auto wsm eth war fist, and it's unblockable 100% hit plus attack speed is bugged due to no frame limitations. Smite knocks back whereas with dclaw just hold your mouse down for a half a second and they are locked till dead

Sorry bui but sins are strong enough. Have fun with these builds in pubs but for a pvp event I am trying to promote balance. The D2R specific rules will be temporary until we understand more about what Blizzards intentions are. If you have ideas on how to allow Dtalon/Dclaw without it being completely busted I am open to suggestions.
Nov 10 2021 09:13am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 02:59pm)
^loftyes

This is where you come in (as promised) and help me convince Aaron to not ban dclaw/dtalon in his tournaments. I like these tournaments, so I want to continue participating, but banning a critical skill like BOS/Dclaw is just not the way to go. Whirlwind on assassins is already clunky and barely works as it, at least let me dclaw/kick people in its place. Come on now.

Banning bos is stupid I agree, but if anything needed to be banned atm ita definitely kick/dclaw.. they cant be blocked atm and literally shit on anyone especially if torch procs ontop of it
Gold: 11,946.00
Nov 10 2021 09:28am
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 10:10am)
that's not even a close comparison

on sin you can mind blast+dclaw using an auto wsm eth war fist, and it's unblockable 100% hit plus attack speed is bugged due to no frame limitations. Smite knocks back whereas with dclaw just hold your mouse down for a half a second and they are locked till dead

Sorry bui but sins are strong enough. Have fun with these builds in pubs but for a pvp event I am trying to promote balance. The D2R specific rules will be temporary until we understand more about what Blizzards intentions are. If you have ideas on how to allow Dtalon/Dclaw without it being completely busted I am open to suggestions.

You can escape with FHR / Runwalk. I think being prepared for something is better than banning the skill right away.
Gold: 73,105.00
Nov 10 2021 09:48am
max cold res has always been 400+raven no or 450 no raven no? I would even consider raising it a bit since it's pretty hard to reach max res with shitty d2r level gear for most people and they have to give up a lot of other stats to reach it
Gold: 212.00
Nov 10 2021 09:51am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 09:39am)
So I've tested this (extensively if I may add) and so have those who participated in the DFC Season 3. If we open the doors to poison builds, we will also have to establish rules around Poison Mitigation (either 175% PLR or 85% PLR + 10% Max). With 175% PLR, Poison Nova will only hit for a small % of someone's HP (I'm happy to record this on video if anyone wants to help test with me). Also, unlike Bone spells, poison nova requires that the necro get close up (which puts them at risk). Unlike in D2 LOD, poison nova isn't as big of deal as people think in D2R because of shared stash. Everyone is going to have plenty of room for stack gear and PLR set up. Its essentially no different than blizzard at this point. No longer need to ban it.

As for Plague, I believe 30k was the number (though I'm open to more testing) because that's the amount that would put someone at 25% - 50% HP after one hit with PLR gear on. We don't want a bunch of 9x jav gc plague amazons cheesing people and running away after getting 1 hit in, but I think it will make duels more interesting to watch with more variation. If someone is unprepared, that 30k is enough to take them to 1 hp. If they're prepared with PLR gear, then it will do between 25% to 50% life.

Unless Plague is functioning wildly different in D2r, I don't see a reason to limit Plague Javelin. It's just a bad dip of resources tbh.
It's too easy to smoke a Zon out of the Cloud defense position and read the telegraph of the internal cool-down on the skill, to be able to reliably get in at the Zon when you know it can't throw a Plague at you.
I mean honestly, in 9/10 duels if a person gets hit by Plague Javelin, it is their own fault and they deserve to lose that round.

Aside from that ^ you guys might want to test poison length reduction in pvp in D2r, to see if it is working in pvp.
The last time I had checked this in D2original, it was either not working at all, or certain mods off certain items were definitely not working in pvp.
As in, "Natalya -75% poison length reduction" was not effecting poison in pvp at all.
If it is working in pvp, you could allow rules to allow such gear to cull poison in the same way a wisp or t-god would cull lightning.
Just seems like a better move to enable gear options for balance, rather than to limit the use of class content.
I think at this point after 20+ years, seems like everyone is kind of ready to experiment with new D2r mechanics and seek more viability, not less.

Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 09:43am)
Am not considering allowing the use of poison nova and poison jav zon, or auradin. Play a real class, or u can use those in coooley's events if he allows it.

Just curious, why are these builds being disqualified from play?
They were never good in higher tier competition for 20 years before this, so why now?

Nov 10 2021 09:55am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Nov 10 2021 10:51am)
Just curious, why are these builds being disqualified from play?
They were never good in higher tier competition for 20 years before this, so why now?

It's not about whether or not they are effective builds. Anyone can slap on death glove and the build is countered. It's the playstyle which these are prohibited for - hit and run/l8z. Same reason you can't stack a full inventory of poison charms.
Gold: 212.00
Nov 10 2021 09:56am
Gotcha
Gold: 1,521.00
Nov 10 2021 09:59am
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 10 2021 08:55am)
It's not about whether or not they are effective builds. Anyone can slap on death glove and the build is countered. It's the playstyle which these are prohibited for - hit and run/l8z. Same reason you can't stack a full inventory of poison charms.

Hit and run like tornado druid/bvc/hdin? L8z like what we watched last night? Hit and Run / l8z can be a problem for almost any build, if someone is doing it then the meds have to actually be strict and actually DQ people.

This post was edited by Steezish on Nov 10 2021 10:00am
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1151617181976Next
Add Reply New Topic