d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev11415161718353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15,410.01
Mar 15 2010 09:39pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Mar 15 2010 08:33pm)
I bet you dont have to worry about finding an edc :P

I have hes old edc :evil:
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 15 2010 09:55pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 16 2010 07:37am)
Reset has been officially announced for march 23
I suggest we start discussing how the ladders will be merged.
I dont think its really fair to make somebody in the top tier of the Ladder melee ladder to start at the very bottom of the NL Ladder

Im thinking maybe a Giant duel off for ranks
this would make it a true merger

#1 vs #1 for 1 and 2 ranks
#2 vs #2 for 3 and 4 ranks
#3 vs #3 for 5 and 6 etc

OFC we will have to see how many people from the ladder thread are going to actually want to be on the NL .
Im sure many will be too busy trying their luck with new chars on ladder

anyway just something to start a discussion

By the way, I think it's nice that Steve is the first one to propose an idea of how we could merge the ladders.

I don't think we should be over-zesty on thinking that Steve is gonna be a tyrant like some other guy from last time.

Then again, I am a non-lad kid myself and I will feel silly too if all the transfer students suddenly get a piece of my ass right away (pro analogy imo), we definitely need to work out a mechanism to do this right.

Again, we will be most likely voting on this issue on Wednesday, therefore please do give us your patience guys and we will do our best to make it fair for everyone.

Making things fair for everyone has always been my belief and will stay that way.
Gold: 1,000.08
Mar 15 2010 09:57pm
Quote (hengster @ Mar 15 2010 10:55pm)
By the way, I think it's nice that Steve is the first one to propose an idea of how we could merge the ladders.

I don't think we should be over-zesty on thinking that Steve is gonna be a tyrant like some other guy from last time.

Then again, I am a non-lad kid myself and I will feel silly too if all the transfer students suddenly get a piece of my ass right away (pro analogy imo), we definitely need to work out a mechanism to do this right.

Again, we will be most likely voting on this issue on Wednesday, therefore please do give us your patience guys and we will do our best to make it fair for everyone.

Making things fair for everyone has always been my belief and will stay that way.

raffle imo lol
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 15 2010 10:24pm
Wow this is getting out of hand. The kids from ladder will start at the bottom of this ladder. As others have said it's not the participants on this ladders fault that the other kids decided to play on ladder so why should it ruin this ladder? If they are "top tier" melees then they should want to prove it by working their way to the top. It's pretty ridiculous that they would just start at the top of the ladder because of some tourney and it would completely disrespect the other melees on this ladder who had to fight for their spot. Starting a new ladder would also be pretty dumb but if you really wanted to keep the ladder melees and nl melees separate than I guess go for it.

Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 10:00pm)
and Im sure if the positions were reversed  your opinion would be too

Not at all it's ridiculous and I would want to prove that I am an elite melee by working my way up the ladder.

Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 09:49pm)
People on the Ladder Melee ladder have worked very hard for their ranks too
and this is pretty much the response I expected from members of the NL Ladder  and I cant say I blame you after all it is "easier" this way to just keep your ranks....  for now.
However  a Giant duel off between equally ranked Members from each ladder to determine who actually has the better char could mean alot of you  losing a few notches.

Your logic is so flawed with this. They dueled amongst themselves to earn their ranks they were in no way associated with the nl melees so there's no reason why the nl melees should lose their spot. It isn't about being "easier" or anything it's just being fair. Again if they truly are "better" then they will prove it by earning the spot by starting at the bottom. I can't believe there's actually an argument about it lol.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 15 2010 10:40pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Mar 15 2010 10:46pm
Quote (hengster @ Mar 15 2010 10:55pm)
By the way,I think it's nice that Steve is the first one to propose an idea of how we could merge the ladders.I don't think we should be over-zesty on thinking that Steve is gonna be a tyrant like some other guy from last time.

Then again, I am a non-lad kid myself andI will feel silly too if all the transfer students suddenly get a piece of my ass right away(pro analogy imo), we definitely need to work out a mechanism to do this right.

:love: :rofl:

Also thank you steve Although im not fond of your idea for the merger. I do like that your thoughts are on uniting the 2 ladders and am not jumping down your throat im glad you were proactive with a suggestion.

Im excited at the prospect of a 60 person gm melee ladder with new people to beat on ..Edit.. To have fun filled gds with :P

This post was edited by scorpxxxx on Mar 15 2010 10:58pm
Mar 15 2010 11:19pm
Quote (scorpxxxx @ Mar 15 2010 11:46pm)
:love: :rofl:

Also thank you steve Although im not fond of your idea for the merger. I do like that your thoughts are on uniting the 2 ladders and am not jumping down your throat im glad you were proactive with a suggestion.

Im excited at the prospect of a 60 person gm melee ladder with new people to beat on ..Edit.. To have fun filled gds with :P

I guess we could have been a little less harsh about it :( . Ideas are good and I know he just has the best intentions in mind and doesn't want to make the ladder melees feel bad. But the thing is no ladders ever "merge" the newcomers or transfer students as adam said (pro analogy btw :) ) should start at the bottom and work their way up this ladder like everyone else has. And yes a 50+ member melee ladder is very pro.
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 15 2010 11:34pm
I sincerly doubt I join the NL melee ladder after reset I think very few of the ladder melee will ... I do forsee the formation of a new Zeal vs Zeal ladder coming to NL soon
Mar 15 2010 11:38pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 16 2010 12:34am)
I sincerly doubt I join the NL melee ladder after reset I think very few of the ladder melee will ... I do forsee the formation of a new Zeal vs Zeal ladder coming to NL soon

Well if they don't want to try and compete with the nl melees than I guess they wouldn't join. It's a shame though that they would rather not join a ladder than try to work their way up it though. But I guess if they just want to be handed their rank rather than go through the process of starting at the bottom then they aren't really that competitive and shouldn't be on any ladder. But let them make up their own minds whether they want to join or not. If they want to really make a name for themselves and prove their elite melees then they would join and prove it.
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 15 2010 11:42pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 16 2010 01:38am)
Well if they don't want to try and compete with the nl melees than I guess they wouldn't join. It's a shame though that they would rather not join a ladder than try to work their way up it though. But I guess if they just want to be handed their rank rather than go through the process of starting at the bottom then they aren't really that competitive and shouldn't be on any ladder. But let them make up their own minds whether they want to join or not. If they want to really make a name for themselves and prove their elite melees then they would join and prove it.
with 3 day dodgers extensions and time delays bewteen challenges etc it could littlerally take months to work your way through 50+ members
and nobody is suggesting anything be handed to anybody. what i suggested would be a duel off, they would have to win to get thier ranks

Mar 15 2010 11:43pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 16 2010 12:42am)
with  3 day dodgers extensions and time delays bewteen challenges  etc it could littlerally take months to work your way through 50+ members
and nobody is suggesting anything be handed to anybody. what i suggested  would be a duel off, they would have to win to get thier ranks

Okay so it could possibly take a month to get to the top so what? It just makes it that more impressive if someone goes from the bottom to the top. Again I don't see what the issue is.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev11415161718353Next
Add Reply New Topic