d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Gm Bowa Zon Vs Zon
Prev1137113721373137413752181Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1.50
Jan 2 2016 05:49pm
why do you not allow BO in bow duels? That rules out cta bow builds which can be very fun. I use a cta matri bow. Big life for damage trade off; hardly BM.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jan 2 2016 06:00pm
Quote (Paran0id @ Jan 2 2016 03:49pm)
why do you not allow BO in bow duels? That rules out cta bow builds which can be very fun. I use a cta matri bow. Big life for damage trade off; hardly BM.

because the majory of people don't want to have to duel against it?

it would cause builds with bow/bow builds so they could BO and not use javs..?

it encourages l8z?

its also bm rep wise as well
Jan 2 2016 06:17pm
Quote (AArrows @ Jan 2 2016 07:00pm)
because the majory of people don't want to have to duel against it?

it would cause builds with bow/bow builds so they could BO and not use javs..?

it encourages l8z?

its also bm rep wise as well

If anything it would cause bow/cta flail combo, because nobody is going to go without a shield. That would be suicide. And I don't think everyone would trade javs for bo.

There could be a rule against using cta 1 hand wep. That would eliminate any BO-on-switch build whilst keeping the option of cta bow as a possible build.

What does l8z mean?

it's not bm rep, it's only 12 rep. Max rep is 30.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jan 2 2016 06:18pm
Quote (Paran0id @ Jan 2 2016 04:17pm)
If anything it would cause bow/cta flail combo, because nobody is going to go without a shield. That would be suicide. And I don't think everyone would trade javs for bo.

There could be a rule against using cta 1 hand wep. That would eliminate any BO-on-switch build whilst keeping the option of cta bow as a possible build.

What does l8z mean?

pretty sure ur only allowed 22 rep on east

regardless...

dungo
9rep ring
12 rep cta

2 meni
Gold: 0.00
Jan 2 2016 06:27pm
everyone would cube bo, duels would just last longer and wouldn't be as fun and fast paced
Jan 2 2016 06:38pm
Quote (BluntsGLI @ Jan 2 2016 07:27pm)
everyone would cube bo, duels would just last longer and wouldn't be as fun and fast paced

cubing is precasting and that is against the rules. If anything you can make them show their inventory. Not a reason to ban cta bows.

Some zons would have less damage and more hp. So some duels might take longer. Not a reason to ban cta bows.
Gold: 1,508.00
Jan 2 2016 07:24pm
Quote (Paran0id @ Jan 2 2016 08:17pm)

What does l8z mean?

It's a non-amazon skill, it's as simple as that. Unless your torch/anni or your crafted gloves start ctc'ing battle orders, or battle orders become an aura when equipped, this discussion here is pointless, because it will not change.

The general rules have been in place for ages; aside from minor differences such as replenish caps and rules on elemental skills/charms, the banning of BO has always been pretty universal across all realms & servers.

You can always start your own league with your preferred set of rules. I'm sure some people would be interested in a ladder open to more build options. But in the past, 2 ladders have never really worked.
Jan 2 2016 07:44pm
Quote (TYCH0 @ Jan 2 2016 08:24pm)
It's a non-amazon skill, it's as simple as that. Unless your torch/anni or your crafted gloves start ctc'ing battle orders, or battle orders become an aura when equipped, this discussion here is pointless, because it will not change.

The general rules have been in place for ages; aside from minor differences such as replenish caps and rules on elemental skills/charms, the banning of BO has always been pretty universal across all realms & servers.

You can always start your own league with your preferred set of rules. I'm sure some people would be interested in a ladder open to more build options. But in the past, 2 ladders have never really worked.

Fair enough. I intend to join this ladder once my zon is geared. I just have the impression that the banning of all non-zon skills is not properly thought through with respect to BO and BC. That's because CTA is normally used on switch.
The CTA runeword when used in a bow is very, very different from having cta on switch and would open up a lot of new builds for a class which already has virtually no variety in viable bow vs. bow builds.
Gold: 11,940.00
Jan 2 2016 07:58pm
pretty sure there is a zva ladder? if it wasn't for this ladder being strictly bow vs bow. the other stuff would probably be allowed, fort, bo and what have you that zva's use
Gold: 41,205.00
Jan 2 2016 08:19pm
Quote (Paran0id @ Jan 2 2016 09:44pm)
Fair enough. I intend to join this ladder once my zon is geared. I just have the impression that the banning of all non-zon skills is not properly thought through with respect to BO and BC. That's because CTA is normally used on switch.
The CTA runeword when used in a bow is very, very different from having cta on switch and would open up a lot of new builds for a class which already has virtually no variety in viable bow vs. bow builds.

using cta bow would be horrible. the life gains would not outweigh the damage/speed loss

the only debate would be is it better to have titans or cta on switch, cta would probably win out for zvz duels

ultimately, i think using cta on switch would create a more l8z type of play, and much longer duels.

I like that a good zon has to know how to properly use javs and defend against javs, that makes gameplay more fun and is more inline with zva, no zva would use cta over titans.

Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1137113721373137413752181Next
Add Reply New Topic