d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Pvp Rule Set Discussion Thread > D2:R
Prev1121314151676Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 10 2021 12:56am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Nov 10 2021 01:53am)
Is it an option to just allow more slow% vs. Assassins rather than capping their build structures so much?
Seems like it would be better to enable the use of game content, rather than disable the use of game content.
Something to consider.

Lemme go hoto smack a sin on my necro to apply the slow m8 what a great idea why didn't I think of this?!
Gold: 5,627.00
Nov 10 2021 12:59am
Quote (Aaronoob @ Nov 9 2021 11:12pm)
Considering new rules:
Ban assassin martial arts skills (currently unblockable due to a glitch)
Energy shield sorcs >80% cannot use mana potions
Energy sorcs any % may not use mana pool
Limit for cold stack (400%?)

Please discuss above

No... Just no. Like WTF. I'm a Hybrid Assassin and dragon claw/dragon talon/dragon flight is part of my arsenal. It is beyond stupid to even consider banning the martial arts tree. What's next? Ban smite because fant makes it faster (and it also happens to be unblockable)? Ban strafe on zons because pew pew too fast? Limitations are starting to get absurd. Instead of banning stuff, a better alternative is to open up the doors to welcome more variety/skills/gear/builds. Decrep used to be GM. Make it GM again. This should fix a lot of the speed issues between Sin v Nec and is a far better solution than banning out assassin skills.

Allow bone wall. I see no issue with it. Hell, allow poison nova and force the sin to run fade and PLR gear to negate it.

Cold stack limit makes sense. It should be 410 (before to Anya Bug) = raven or 385 with raven.

This post was edited by Azn Masta on Nov 10 2021 01:18am
Gold: 212.00
Nov 10 2021 01:14am
Quote (TheGreatWalk @ Nov 10 2021 01:56am)
Lemme go hoto smack a sin on my necro to apply the slow m8 what a great idea why didn't I think of this?!

My good bro your Necro has Decrepify which in old D2 was considered BM and usually banned. This is slow %.
If you were allowed to use Decrep as example, it would cull the Assassin's aggressive strengths and arguably be a better solution to balance than restricting the hell out of Assassin builds.
Same goes for say a BvC who slapped on a Clegs for vs. Trapper.

In any situation like this where game balance is trying to be achieved, it is usually better to enable more content to achieve balance, rather than removing content.
Generally players like their games with more dynamic, not less.

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Nov 10 2021 01:25am
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Nov 10 2021 01:17am
Mana pots is for chumps
Gold: 65.00
Nov 10 2021 01:19am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 12:59am)
No... Just no. Like WTF. I'm a Hybrid Assassin and dragon claw/dragon talon/dragon flight is part of my arsenal. It is beyond stupid to even consider banning the martial arts tree. What's next? Ban smite because fant makes it faster (and it also happens to be unblockable)? Ban strafe on zons because pew pew too fast? Limitations are starting to get absurd. The fact that BOS was even "banned" in the first place is already silly enough. Instead of banning stuff, a better alternative is to open up the doors to welcome more variety/styles. Decrep used to be GM. Make it GM again. This should fix a lot of the speed issues, rather than banning assassin skills.

Cold stack limit makes sense. It should be 410 (before to Anya Bug) = raven or 385 with raven.

Hybrids will be just fine with ww/traps & mb.

The problem with kicks & other melees is the fact that they completely ignore block and there is no way to counter against it.
Gold: 5,627.00
Nov 10 2021 01:24am
Quote (Chad_Thundercock @ Nov 10 2021 01:19am)
Hybrids will be just fine with ww/traps & mb.

The problem with kicks & other melees is the fact that they completely ignore block and there is no way to counter against it.

The only chars where this is a concern against is sorc, necro and zons. Sins aren't going to kick barb/pallies/other sins etc. Druids lose vs good sin anyway so its a w/e.

For sorc, put a cap on cold stack. No one should be able to tank 25 blizzards to the face and live. This has been tested before for Coooley's DFC tournament and the fair limit was roughly 410 prior to Anya (without raven). For those who wear raven, cold stack should be capped at 385.

For amazons, can consider allowing plague (under 30k damage). This forces the sin to play more cautiously and run fade over BOS (which also addresses the ias issue). This also forces the sin to adapt and use PLR gear to negate the poison. It also forces the zon to pick between a more "vs all" build or go "pure bow" and pew pew people down with multi spam (currently also faster than normal due to ias issue).

For Necro, allow decrep and bone wall. Hell, I'd be okay with poison nova being allowed as well. This will force the sin to run fade instead of BOS.

TL;DR. All of these are potential solutions and have been tested in the DFC Season 3 (and it worked out well). Rather than ban skills, its better to open up the doors to more build variation and skills. Banning skills should be a last resort.

This post was edited by Azn Masta on Nov 10 2021 01:34am
Gold: 30,980.00
Nov 10 2021 01:28am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 02:24am)
For Necro, allow decrep and bone wall. Hell, I'd be okay with poison nova being allowed as well.

M8, you really gonna make me level to fucking 99 so I can have 1 pt poison nova and decrypt?
Gold: 212.00
Nov 10 2021 01:28am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 02:24am)

TL;DR. Don't ban sin skills, open up the doors to more build variation and skills.

^ Exactly.

Whatever people agree upon, they should try to be taking the path of enabling more content to create balance, rather than removing content to create balance.

Gold: 0.00
Nov 10 2021 01:47am
Quote (Azn Masta @ Nov 10 2021 07:24am)
The only chars where this is a concern against is sorc, necro and zons. Sins aren't going to kick barb/pallies/other sins etc. Druids lose vs good sin anyway so its a w/e.

For sorc, put a cap on cold stack. No one should be able to tank 25 blizzards to the face and live. This has been tested before for Coooley's DFC tournament and the fair limit was roughly 410 prior to Anya (without raven). For those who wear raven, cold stack should be capped at 385.

For amazons, can consider allowing plague (under 30k damage). This forces the sin to play more cautiously and run fade over BOS (which also addresses the ias issue). This also forces the sin to adapt and use PLR gear to negate the poison. It also forces the zon to pick between a more "vs all" build or go "pure bow" and pew pew people down with multi spam (currently also faster than normal due to ias issue).

For Necro, allow decrep and bone wall. Hell, I'd be okay with poison nova being allowed as well. This will force the sin to run fade instead of BOS.

TL;DR. All of these are potential solutions and have been tested in the DFC Season 3 (and it worked out well). Rather than ban skills, its better to open up the doors to more build variation and skills. Banning skills should be a last resort.

Did u not see the streams? I seen zee dying to wof + kick on a vt and a sin getting 100-0'd by kick alone xD
Gold: 250,521.33
Warn: 10%
Nov 10 2021 02:01am
Quote (Piwah @ Nov 9 2021 11:47pm)
Did u not see the streams? I seen zee dying to wof + kick on a vt and a sin getting 100-0'd by kick alone xD

lmao

yeah I saw that.... (100 to 0'd by kick)

this is exactly why I don't have a character to duel with on d2r atm it's too fucked... also I'm a jew

This post was edited by SlamFkingDunk on Nov 10 2021 02:02am
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1121314151676Next
Add Reply New Topic