d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev11112131415353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 199.18
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2010 06:35pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 05:37pm)
Reset has been officially  announced for march 23
I suggest we start discussing how the ladders will be merged.
I dont think its really fair to make  somebody in the top tier of the Ladder melee ladder to start at the very bottom of the NL Ladder

Im thinking  maybe a Giant duel off  for ranks
this would make it a true merger

#1 vs #1 for 1 and 2 ranks
#2 vs  #2 for 3 and 4 ranks
#3 vs #3  for 5 and 6 etc

OFC  we will have to see how many people from the ladder thread  are going to actually want to be on the NL .
Im sure many will be too busy  trying their luck with new chars on ladder

anyway just something to start a discussion

Everybody should start at the bottom regardless. Any character that's new to a ladder should always start at the bottom.
Gold: 4,271.99
Mar 15 2010 06:37pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 06:37pm)
I dont think its really fair to make  somebody in the top tier of the Ladder melee ladder to start at the very bottom of the NL Ladder

OFC  we will have to see how many people from the ladder thread  are going to actually want to be on the NL .

This is a good idea, but then what happens to the loser you can't make him go down to the very bottom.
but if #1 vs #1 duesland one loses he can't be #2 because he's going to take #2 vs #2's spot
hmmmm
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 15 2010 06:48pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 06:37pm)

It isn't just merging the ladders all new participants should start at the bottom of the ladder. It isn't fair to just assume that just because someone towards the top of the ladder melee ladder would automatically beat out someone on the lower end of the nl melee ladder. My vote is NO. Doesn't matter if my vote doesn't "count" per say but I doubt any of the council members would vote for that idea.

Quote (SX-XiP @ Mar 15 2010 07:35pm)
Everybody should start at the bottom regardless. Any character that's new to a ladder should always start at the bottom.

Agree.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 15 2010 06:49pm
Gold: 43,841.33
Mar 15 2010 07:17pm
With all due respect, isn't the whole idea of a ladder to "climb" it? It should not be non-ladder players fault that people chose to play ladder instead of non-ladder as well. And it's my true belief that the Ladder Melee Ladder and the United Guilds Melee Ladder are two "separate" entities. Therefore, it is unfortunate that participants from one ladder should have to "climb" the other ladder after merging, but it's the ladder players that wish to join the UGML, not the other way around. There's no honor is jumping ahead of 30 + players that fought their best to work their way up from the bottom. I swear to you even now, if I was on the ladder, I would "not" want to do such a thing because there is no honor in it. I understand that Steve and Jessy are Administrators on the UGML and that they hold the power to possibly manage a majority vote in their favor, but in my opinion that falls in the abuse of power category. The Palapk Nation didn't work its way up the UGML to hold four out of five top ranks only to have them divided into pieces from an entirely different ladder. I started from the bottom of the UGML as well as every other person on that ladder.

People can call me whatever they want: a coward, scared, afraid. Whatever. That's not the case at all. I'll bet any person who thinks they can take me on for 1,000.00 FG. I've been GM all my time in the melee community and I've always tried to hold honor above everything else.

This is my statement as an Administrator of the United Guilds Melee Ladder. It's not my intention to have administrators of this ladder get upset to the point where they disband all together ruining the greatest and largest, present and future ladder in the melee community.

I will honor any vote the administrators conclude. That's final.

Thank you...

This post was edited by PreZident Brennon on Mar 15 2010 07:19pm
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 15 2010 07:28pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 15 2010 09:17pm)
With all due respect, isn't the whole idea of a ladder to "climb" it? It should not be non-ladder players fault that people chose to play ladder instead of non-ladder as well. And it's my true belief that the Ladder Melee Ladder and the United Guilds Melee Ladder are two "separate" entities. Therefore, it is unfortunate that participants from one ladder should have to "climb" the other ladder after merging, but it's the ladder players that wish to join the UGML, not the other way around. There's no honor is jumping ahead of 30 + players that fought their best to work their way up from the bottom. I swear to you even now, if I was on the ladder, I would "not" want to do such a thing because there is no honor in it. I understand that Steve and Jessy are Administrators on the UGML and that they hold the power to possibly manage a majority vote in their favor, but in my opinion that falls in the abuse of power category. The Palapk Nation didn't work its way up the UGML to hold four out of five top ranks only to have them divided into pieces from an entirely different ladder. I started from the bottom of the UGML as well as every other person on that ladder.

People can call me whatever they want: a coward, scared, afraid. Whatever. That's not the case at all. I'll bet any person who thinks they can take me on for 1,000.00 FG. I've been GM all my time in the melee community and I've always tried to hold honor above everything else.

This is my statement as an Administrator of the United Guilds Melee Ladder. It's not my intention to have administrators of this ladder get upset to the point where they disband all together ruining the greatest and largest, present and future ladder in the melee community.

I will honor any vote the administrators conclude. That's final.

Thank you...

Im just trying to think of a fair way to merge them I realize it not a prefect situation..... buit i can asure you many people will not be enthused about bieng in the top tier of the current Ladder Melee ladder and having to start at no 40++ and working there way all the way back up .... with time delays between challenges and people dodging for 3 days that could take months
I sincerly doubt I will join the NL melee ladder if this is the case. Maybe I will just start a NL Zeal Vs Zeal Ladder after the reset
Mar 15 2010 07:30pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ 15 Mar 2010 21:28)
Im just trying to think of a fair way to merge them I realize it not a prefect situation..... buit i can asure you many people will not be enthused about bieng in the top tier of the current Ladder Melee ladder and having to start at no 40++ and working there way all the way back up .... with time delays between challenges and people dodging for 3 days that could take months
I sincerly doubt I will join the NL melee ladder if this is the case. Maybe I will just start a NL Zeal Vs Zeal Ladder after the reset

I don't want the UGML to disband, but I also never thought such an idea would ever be proposed.

To prevent disbandment, and as this is a huge debate, may I suggest to make a poll and allow both ladder and non-ladder participants vote on the matter? It could be the fairest way to settle this, aside from a five member admin vote, that's also still on the table.

This post was edited by PreZident Brennon on Mar 15 2010 07:38pm
Mar 15 2010 07:39pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 15 2010 09:30pm)

Im not upset Bren I just stating my opinion as well and no matter what I will support the UGML.
as I said I am just throwing Ideas out there.
Normally after resets Ill just come in PN1 occasionally when I feel like dueling while playing the new ladder at the same time
Then once The new ladder economy starts to settle down after a couple months I sell off my Melee gear from the last ladder on NL and start Meleeing on the new ladder. I have no problem doing that again.
I had considered keeping one of my current Melee chars on NL after reset this time but its not etched in stone.

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Mar 15 2010 07:50pm
Gold: 15,410.01
Mar 15 2010 07:41pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 06:28pm)

If that case. I can start one too. =] Since I've been taking care of ladder one atm and I be on nl most of the time :O
Mar 15 2010 07:46pm
Quote (LilNeko @ Mar 15 2010 09:41pm)
If that case. I can start one too. =] Since I've been taking care of ladder one atm and I be on nl most of the time :O

I was going to talk to you about this too silly you were just afk at the time.. dont sneak up on me like that!!
Mar 15 2010 07:50pm
Quote (LilNeko @ 15 Mar 2010 21:41)

Why have you no honor? Why are you so stubborn? You act as if the decision has been made already. You don't even talk about the options of still voting as administrators or even replying to my proposal of having participants from both ladder vote on this.

You would destroy what's great in the melee community over ignorance.

You don't even make an effort to fight for your cause, you only make threats to break up something great...
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev11112131415353Next
Add Reply New Topic