d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev1112113114115116353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 15,410.01
Sep 28 2010 08:51pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Sep 28 2010 07:50pm)
we have discussed this quite a bit jessy Im still not convinced its actually "his brother" because he never even mentioned that when he first asked to put the char on ladder.
Post #1067

Post #1068

Post #1069

but even if it is his brother  If we allow it whats to stop somebody else from saying "well my brother is going to use my acct too"  so that they can add 2 chars of the same class to ladder.

Also If radeon johns brother doesnt have his own jsp then who is this guy Saying he's radeon johns brother
post #1032

he still wants be "confirmed" by other admins. that's why I post here~
Gold: 2,000.00
Sep 29 2010 10:27pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Sep 28 2010 10:50pm)
we have discussed this quite a bit jessy Im still not convinced its actually "his brother" because he never even mentioned that when he first asked to put the char on ladder.
Post #1067

Post #1068

Post #1069

but even if it is his brother  If we allow it whats to stop somebody else from saying "well my brother is going to use my acct too"  so that they can add 2 chars of the same class to ladder.

Also If radeon johns brother doesnt have his own jsp then who is this guy Saying he's radeon johns brother
post #1032

Seems really shady..

vote no to him adding two of the same chars.
Gold: 440.00
Oct 1 2010 05:57pm
Unfortunately it has always created problems from past experience, that I have seen...
:(
Gold: 1,490.00
Oct 4 2010 03:58pm
Quote (LilNeko @ Sep 28 2010 09:35pm)
soo guys,  what we going to do about this. i still think we shouldn't let him in if we do then others can and etc.

radeon john has bro who uses hes jsp account and also wants to join ladder but it's different account but same type of char. :C

Didnt see this until now.... This should be an obvious answer. We encourage everyone to follow all D2JSP rules... and not sharing accounts is one of them:

No sharing of accounts - only one person per account is allowed.
Gold: 26,384.74
Oct 5 2010 08:04pm
Hey guys (not you steve and jess),

What do you guys think about removing the 12 hours wait period for winners of challenges?

3 Situations :

1/ For example, if someone won a challenge (that they initiated), they will be able to challenge the next two spots (if the two spots aren't already in a challenge) without having to wait 12 hours.
2/ However, if someone lost a challenge (that they initiated), then they need to wait 48 hours to duel the same guy or 12 hours to duel the other guy that they can challenge.
3/ If they were the one challenged and lost, then it really doesnt apply to them and old rule still applies (48 hours to same guy and they can challenge the next available guy whenever).

The reason for this is for more action on the ladder to the more active participants, and I don't see a downside. Winners will keep moving forward while the unlucky ones will still be available for challenges since the wait periods are still there.

This post was edited by baoluvboa on Oct 5 2010 08:05pm
Gold: 15,410.01
Oct 5 2010 08:11pm
Quote (baoluvboa @ Oct 5 2010 07:04pm)

What do you guys think about removing the 12 hours wait period for winners of challenges?

3 Situations :

1/  For example, if someone won a challenge (that they initiated), they will be able to challenge the next two spots (if the two spots aren't already in a challenge) without having to wait 12 hours.
2/  However, if someone lost a challenge (that they initiated), then they need to wait 48 hours to duel the same guy or 12 hours to duel the other guy that they can challenge.
3/  If they were the one challenged and lost, then it really doesnt apply to them and old rule still applies (48 hours to same guy and they can challenge the next available guy whenever).

The reason for this is for more action on the ladder to the more active participants, and I don't see a downside.  Winners will keep moving forward while the unlucky ones will still be available for challenges since the wait periods are still there.

Quote (Meatyy @ Oct 5 2010 07:08pm)

People have lives lol, don't turn into another Doany... + you can get early dodge if he is super afk

^^
Gold: 17,000.00
Oct 5 2010 08:31pm
Quote (baoluvboa @ Oct 5 2010 10:04pm)

3 Situations :

1/ For example, if someone won a challenge (that they initiated), they will be able to challenge the next two spots (if the two spots aren't already in a challenge) without having to wait 12 hours.
2/ However, if someone lost a challenge (that they initiated), then they need to wait 48 hours to duel the same guy or 12 hours to duel the other guy that they can challenge.
3/ If they were the one challenged and lost, then it really doesnt apply to them and old rule still applies (48 hours to same guy and they can challenge the next available guy whenever).

The reason for this is for more action on the ladder to the more active participants, and I don't see a downside. Winners will keep moving forward while the unlucky ones will still be available for challenges since the wait periods are still there.

this has been discussed at length and voted on several times ... If there is no waiting period then somebody could just keep issuing challenge after challenge and never have to defend thier rank. Its a very valid rule and as far as I am concerned it will stay in place.

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Oct 5 2010 08:37pm
Gold: 26,384.74
Oct 5 2010 08:41pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Oct 5 2010 10:31pm)
this has been discussed at length and voted on several times ... If there is no waiting period then somebody could just keep issuing challenge after challenge and never have to defend thier rank. Its a very valid rule and as far as I am concerned it will stay in place.

thats only applying to people who are winning nonstop, then they probably deserve to be higher, if theyre losing then they still have to defend
Gold: 17,000.00
Oct 5 2010 08:43pm
Quote (baoluvboa @ Oct 5 2010 10:41pm)
thats only applying to people who are winning nonstop, then they probably deserve to be higher, if theyre losing then they still have to defend

not true.since you can challenge up 2 spots at a time the 12 hour delay gives the person that you skipped over a chance to challenge you if they want and prove that u deserve to be in front of them
Gold: 4,271.99
Oct 6 2010 02:12am
Quote (baoluvboa @ Oct 5 2010 10:04pm)

3 Situations :

1/  For example, if someone won a challenge (that they initiated), they will be able to challenge the next two spots (if the two spots aren't already in a challenge) without having to wait 12 hours.
2/  However, if someone lost a challenge (that they initiated), then they need to wait 48 hours to duel the same guy or 12 hours to duel the other guy that they can challenge.
3/  If they were the one challenged and lost, then it really doesnt apply to them and old rule still applies (48 hours to same guy and they can challenge the next available guy whenever).

The reason for this is for more action on the ladder to the more active participants, and I don't see a downside.  Winners will keep moving forward while the unlucky ones will still be available for challenges since the wait periods are still there.

I see the downside. and the advantage of not having the 12 hour grace period.
As what steve have already mentioned.
This gives other players opportunity to defend and also gives others the ability to challenge people above them and advance
The old melee ladder did not have this system, and it was very fast to climb - for the most active ones. however, for those who have work or have school, it will be difficult to climb due to the fact that the people who are "free" can always keep him/herself busy and prevent others from challenging his spot. Also, since it's usually the winner that posts the result, once the winner posts, he can quickly issue a challenge. leaving people below him, that can challenge him, unable to advance.

Code
ei.
rank 1 a
rank 2 b
rank 3  c
rank 4 d
rank 5 e
rank 6 f

Today is oct 8 AND you are person E

C isssued a challenge with A ( rank 3 vs rank 2) - oct 6
F issued a challenge with D (rank 6 vs rank 4) - oct 3 (extended)

*** notice how you can't challenge anyone right now? and in order for you to advance, you have to wait for the result of F vs D
+++Now oct 8 at night,

C won against A. /// C takes rank1 and A takes rank 3
*** Since A lost, he quickly challenges B for rank 2 in order to avoid YOU from challenging. (valid challenge since A did not issue the challenge. Now you're faced without any challenges. and
A issued a challenge with B (rank 3 vs rank 2)

F won against D // F ranks rank 4 and D takes tank 6
*** since there is a 2 day grace before challenging the person that you lost to, in order for D to make up for the lost, he challenges YOU for rank 5
D issued a challenge with B (rank 6 vs rank 5)

rank 1 c
rank 2 b
rank 3  a
rank 4 f
rank 5 e
rank 6 d

etc etc
get the point?
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1112113114115116353Next
Add Reply New Topic