d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev1110111112113114353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 26,384.74
Sep 2 2010 11:40pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Sep 3 2010 01:08am)
Well pretty much the overall consensus is that it shouldn't be aloud. I can see where you're coming from as it being another gear but aside from the fact that it does take a while it just takes even more of the strategy out of the equation when facing an opponent. I mean now you can just stuff as many setups in your stash as you can and then go respec into w/e setup you like after a set to try and get the advantage over your opponent. It's very bm imo.

if respec mid challenge was allowed, then I would respec into pally viso build, then respec into full shako build whenever i swap which would be VERY annoying.

It shouldnt be allowed mid challenge ~~
Gold: 4,271.99
Sep 2 2010 11:42pm
Quote (baoluvboa @ Sep 3 2010 01:40am)
if respec mid challenge was allowed, then I would respec into pally viso build, then respec into full shako build whenever i swap which would be VERY annoying.

why not?
i think it should be allowed. only the player he's up against andhim are the only ones who are in the game playing.

Gold: 2,000.00
Sep 2 2010 11:45pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Sep 3 2010 01:42am)
why not?
i think it should be allowed. only the player he's up against andhim are the only ones who are in the game playing.

Quote (dark-soul @ Sep 3 2010 01:08am)
Well pretty much the overall consensus is that it shouldn't be aloud. I can see where you're coming from as it being another gear but aside from the fact that it does take a while it just takes even more of the strategy out of the equation when facing an opponent. I mean now you can just stuff as many setups in your stash as you can and then go respec into w/e setup you like after a set to try and get the advantage over your opponent. It's very bm imo.

Bold = why not.
Gold: 15,410.01
Sep 2 2010 11:56pm
Quote (baoluvboa @ Sep 2 2010 10:40pm)

I'll agree with you with that.
Gold: 1,490.00
Sep 3 2010 01:22am
Quote (JAYZONE @ Sep 3 2010 12:42am)
why not?

I disagree. Its like dueling a different character. If you respec before every gear change... then it takes away from the integrity of the character and melee altogether. Part of the game is stating and skilling your character a certain way so that you can be competitive with all builds and thats what makes your character. It would make it so that people would use builds they would never use otherwise, that give them a severe disadvantage when in other setups. It just doesn't seem right to me.

This post was edited by Biglouy on Sep 3 2010 01:23am
Sep 3 2010 04:32pm
Quote (Meatyy @ Sep 3 2010 03:01pm)
Having 2 gears per set AND 1 between sets isn't strategy, it's hoping and praying you find something that works, that's 5 gears before set 2 is finished, which is absurd imo. Having a strategy would be knowing how to gear vs certain setups, not playing run to the stash game every 2 duels or so, cause it just turns into "Let's try this and see."

I used to enjoy 2 "gears" on NL, but it got kind of annoying, especially if you had a good setup. Having your opponent continuously gear every 2 or so duels if they were losing until they found something that works. Now that I've done both, I personally enjoyed the 1 per set and 1 in between, which is 5 total in 3 sets. It makes you think about gearing, instead of blindly trying something and hoping it works.

Just my two cents on the subject.

better explain o.O
Gold: 933.12
Sep 4 2010 09:50pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Sep 2 2010 01:03am)
You don't they just get added to the new updates.  :bonk:

You pm one of the senior meds and ask them politly and then you write out the rules and put it in code form and then they will edit the first page, i did so with the NvN ladder i forgot the 2spot challenge rule because i just forgot. Then i pmed someone and they edited for me.

as seen on page 1 post 1
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=46477732&f=147&o=0

edited by mork.
Sep 4 2010 10:18pm
Quote (DEATHNEVER @ Sep 4 2010 08:50pm)
You pm one of the senior meds and ask them politly and then you write out the rules and put it in code form and then they will edit the first page, i did so with the NvN ladder i forgot the 2spot challenge rule because i just forgot. Then i pmed someone and they edited for me.

as seen on page 1 post 1

edited by mork.

we don't need too. our ladder is doing greats. :P
Gold: 2,179.00
Sep 15 2010 01:44pm
Has anyone ever thought about eliminating anni and torches as part of gm melee dueling?

Before you say "wow you're retarded", let me explain:

The advantage to allowing this charm is the obvious 40 all stat bonus, leaving everyone to have more vitality and more life.
How does this affect dueling? Well, obviously, everyone has more life, and thus, duels last longer than without the charms.

Now, if the charms were not allowed, everyone's char's would have less life, and duels would be shorter. However, because everyone
has a 20 stat of each charm, there isn't really an advantage or disadvantage relative to other players.

The huge bonus of not allowing the charms is the fact that you can see other peoples gear (if I understand the bug correctly).
There would be no more ugly ass naked dueling, with some people simply punching (which looks stupid imo).
Pally (and barb) gear looks awesome, why not make this rule so we can see it.

Just a thought...

(sorry for posting this in other thread, was unaware of this thread's existence)

also if this has been discussed before, sorry.
Gold: 1,490.00
Sep 15 2010 02:03pm
Quote (DEATHNEVER @ Sep 4 2010 10:50pm)

as seen on page 1 post 1

edited by mork.

This is actually a good idea.. since a lot of people miss some rules since they refer to the first page to see what they are.

Quote (acq18 @ Sep 15 2010 02:44pm)
Has anyone ever thought about eliminating anni and torches as part of gm melee dueling?

Before you say "wow you're retarded", let me explain:

The advantage to allowing this charm is the obvious 40 all stat bonus, leaving everyone to have more vitality and more life.
How does this affect dueling?  Well, obviously, everyone has more life, and thus, duels last longer than without the charms.

Now, if the charms were not allowed, everyone's char's would have less life, and duels would be shorter.  However, because everyone
has a 20 stat of each charm, there isn't really an advantage or disadvantage relative to other players.

The huge bonus of not allowing the charms is the fact that you can see other peoples gear (if I understand the bug correctly).
There would be no more ugly ass naked dueling, with some people simply punching (which looks stupid imo).
Pally (and barb) gear looks awesome, why not make this rule so we can see it.

Just a thought...

(sorry for posting this in other thread, was unaware of this thread's existence)

also if this has been discussed before, sorry.

I already gave you my response via pm but I'll post it here so everyone can see ;)

I don't really see it as being beneficial since the naked duelling from my understanding comes from str glitching via BO switch. Also, people duel outside of the UGML and if we implemented this, it would be a pain since people would have to restat every time they were going to duel outside of the UGML or to do a UGML challenge.
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1110111112113114353Next
Add Reply New Topic