d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev1910111213353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 11 2010 07:50pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 11 2010 08:37pm)
thats pretty much why I bought it I liked the premise but it was very inactive and most of the people that were active didnt "melee"
I have room for 100 people in that guild and there were like 90 in it when I first took over.
Alot of them got booted. I dont really care how many people I have in it I just want them to be active and at least try GM Melee
I turn people down every day that ask to join... you wouldnt believe how many "I have a SMiter" or "I have WW Barb" I get .. I always check peoples Char in game and track thier posts for a couple of days to make sure they arent Morons  before i let them in.

But anyway we are getting off topic here I just wanted to show how much the rules have evolved since the begining of the ladder

Yes i'll never forget this kids posts (who was in melee) from my guide since I lol'd so much

Quote (joshchx @ Apr 16 2008 10:31pm)
For one, You don`t use a coa.
raven/angelic combo >
3) Max blessed aim not sacrifice(passive ar bonus)

Quote (joshchx @ Aug 23 2008 11:38pm)
had one last lad then gave up cause melee dueling is boring imo.

ask anyone who has zealots in my guild. higher chance to hit>500dmg

Even admitted to not doing melee because it was "boring"

But yes it's always good to change up the rules to make things more interesting/challenging as long as it works with how the players on that ladder would like things and not just change things drastically and tell them to go qq if they don't like the changes. It's not a dictatorship after all. Rules or new rules are more trial and error than anything.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 11 2010 07:51pm
Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 14 2010 10:52pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 12:02am)
This Challenge has been left on list for now. I have a real problem with people just forfieting their ranks on ladder I think it compromizes the Integrity of the Ladder when people dont "earn" their spots. I also think if you dont have time to complete your challenges you should not be on the Ladder.
However this is an Issue that comes up alot and it appears isn't going to go away so the other council members and myself are going to have to dicuss it.
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 15 2010 12:31am)
I don't really like forfeits either but it kind of just punishes the challenger if they aren't aloud. I think forfeit should be allowed but it counts as a dodge. No point in really making the challenger wait the full 3 days when the challenged has no intention on doing the match. I also agree that people should be active if they're going to be on a ladder so this does punish them since they only get the 2 dodges before being removed. Not to mention that forfeits don't even make sense to me. I mean if someone can take the time to get on jsp they really can't be all that busy.
Quote (hengster @ Mar 15 2010 12:47am)
The last time we voted on the forfeiting result was a NO to allow forfeits, but forfeits will count as x1 Dodge. Imo the 3 days is not really a punishment but a time period to encourage the one being challenged to find 15 mins of their time to get the Challenge done instead of letting it rule as dodge after three days. If there are more complaints about the long 3 day wait we might have to do another vote soon ;)

Anyway guys please use the suggestion page for further suggestions thanks! Link:http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=39504244&f=147&o=100

How about something like this ... In order to discourage forfiets .... If you wish to forfiet your match you drop 4 spots instead of just to the spot of the guy that challenged you.... and you still get ruled with 1 dodge

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Mar 14 2010 11:10pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Mar 14 2010 11:22pm
IT became 2 easy to just forfit on the old ladder

but it was nice for the challenger as they could rechallenge immediatly or get a auto doge if away from jsp over 3 days

If the 2x doge rule was a permenent thing and you dont get it removed on successfuly completing your next challenge but only after a length of time it would serve as further deterent not to forfit and to stay active.

I feel asking for extensions also holds up the ladder alot, its nice to be able to extend for people with life besides D2 but this should also be limited.

Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2010 11:27pm
Quote (scorpxxxx @ Mar 15 2010 01:22pm)
IT became 2 easy to just forfit on the old ladder

but it was nice for the challenger as they could rechallenge immediatly or get a auto doge if away from jsp over 3 days

If the 2x doge rule was a permenent thing and you dont get it removed on successfuly completing your next challenge but only after a length of time it would serve as further deterent not to forfit and to stay active.

I feel asking for extensions also holds up the ladder alot, its nice to be able to extend for people with life besides D2 but this should also be limited.

Point taken, extension can be abused easily to protect your spot, i.e. get your friend to challenge u and extend endlessly.

Currently the x1 dodge count will get removed once u complete a challenge successfully after a previous dodge, so far been working good ^_^

The forfeit rule will have to be voted again, since i suggested to allow forfeit and count it as a dodge x1 but it was rejected in last time's voting.
Mar 14 2010 11:28pm
Quote (hengster @ Mar 15 2010 12:27am)
Point taken, extension can be abused easily to protect your spot, i.e. get your friend to challenge u and extend endlessly.

Currently the x1 dodge count will get removed once u complete a challenge successfully after a previous dodge, so far been working good ^_^

The forfeit rule will have to be voted again, since i suggested to allow forfeit and count it as a dodge x1 but it was rejected in last time's voting.

I agree with this. It's the most simple way of going about it imo. It might not be quite as harsh as moving the person down 4 spots but it still does punish them since it counts as a dodge so should be just as effective in discouraging forfeits.
Mar 14 2010 11:39pm
IMO its pretty stupid to outright forfiet a match anyway. If somebody knows they arent going to be able to duel they should just let it ride out for the 3 days and take the dodge . Otherwise if they forfiet somebody else could challenge them 5 minutes later and what are they going to do ... forfiet again and be removed.

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Mar 14 2010 11:39pm
Mar 14 2010 11:40pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 12:39am)
IMO its pretty stupid to outright forfiet a match anyway. If somebody knows they arent going to be able to duel they should just let  it ride out for the 3 days and take the dodge . Otherwise  if they forfiet somebody else could challenge them 5 minutes later and  what are they going to do ... fofiet again and be removed.

Yeah I agree that it's pretty dumb. Again I just don't understand how someone can take the time to be on jsp but not have enough time to get on d2 and complete the match.
Gold: 14,301.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2010 11:45pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 15 2010 01:39pm)
IMO its pretty stupid to outright forfiet a match anyway. If somebody knows they arent going to be able to duel they should just let it ride out for the 3 days and take the dodge . Otherwise if they forfiet somebody else could challenge them 5 minutes later and what are they going to do ... forfiet again and be removed.

Maybe we should have a rule that says 2 forfeits and you are BANNED from the ladder, instead of just being removed.
Mar 14 2010 11:46pm
Quote (hengster @ Mar 15 2010 12:45am)
Maybe we should have a rule that says 2 forfeits and you are BANNED from the ladder, instead of just being removed.

Damn strict :evil:
Mar 14 2010 11:47pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 15 2010 01:40am)
Yeah I agree that it's pretty dumb. Again I just don't understand how someone can take the time to be on jsp but not have enough time to get on d2 and complete the match.

well people do get on jsp from computers where they dont have D2 Installed. They can still troll Jsp.

Also people do have lives they go on vacations or have to go out of town on work etc.
On the Ladder Melee Ladder people are allowed to put thier spot on hold for up to one week. in cases like this then people can just skip past them like they arent there.
I know they used to do this on the old version of the NL Ladder as well.
If somebody has a real life issue they should ask to be put on hold ..
Maybe people arent aware they have that option
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1910111213353Next
Add Reply New Topic